Jie: A year, 2 months, 14 days, 12 hours, 40 minutes and 12 seconds

Fool

I am pissed off. If it is possible, I want to rip Jong In’s head off his body, throw it off a cliff, watch it hit rocks on its way down and then laugh hysterically as it drowns itself into the sea.

Oh God, the satisfaction I will feel.

Then again, I’ll miss him a lot. You know, who knows, if in the future, we do work it out, our relationship. I don’t wanna stare into a scared face of his. That’d be bad.

But then again, looking at the situation now, the possibility of me assassinating him is higher than the possibility of him kissing the life out of me every second he can.

It had been more than a week. Our mid-term test has ended. So, if I count it correctly, that’d be about a year, 2 months, 14 days, 12 hours, 40 minutes and 12 seconds since the moment when we had a fall out.

“—Jie. Hey, girl. Earth to Roi Ji Eun, you need to escape the pod before it explodes. JIE!”

Joon Myeon voice came like a morning call from my neighbor’s cockatoo. Loud, clear, messes with your thoughts (in case of my neighbor’s cockatoo, with my deep deep sweet slumber).

“What?” I blinked at him.

We were in the school library, sitting at one of the tables beside the window that faces the football field.

“You were staring into space when I was explaining. Again,” he scowled thought his eyes twinkled with mirth, mocking me with the statement ‘Oh, I know what you were thinking about’. 

“I was?” I stared at him.

“Girl, are you okay? If you’re tired, we can do this study session tomorrow. I’m free on period 4,” he gave me a small smile.

Joon Myeon, or as people likes to call him, Suho, is our student council president. Dedicated, smart, a have a bright future, a good leader and a great friend. He is also my childhood friend, like Jong In, like Kyungsoo, like Sehun, like Min Ji (my best friend) and like Young Il (Her name sounds boyish but she’s a girl. That is also the reason why she prefers us to call her by her Christian name, Amber).

I sighed.

“No, I’m okay. Yeah, I haven’t been getting enough sleep these days; it’d be nice if we can continue tomorrow. Thanks, Joon Myeon,”

Suho smiled.

“Anything for my favorite girl,”

I chuckled at that. He calls Min Ji, Young Il and me his ‘favorite triplets’ mostly because we’re the closest female friends he has.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then. Take care when you’re gonna go back home. Don’t go poking into strangers business okay? Bye, Jie,” he pats my head and ruffles my hair.

“Yeah, see you later,” I waved.

That was unintentional, for me to go above the clouds while Suho was teaching. Usually, our study sessions are fun (not that I’m a nerd) since Suho has this special way of making people interested with anything that comes out of his mouth.

I packed my bag while staring at the football game going on outside. Despite it nearing November, girls gather outside just to watch the boys sweat which is gross.

As I was wearing my jacket, the football game distracted me again.

Luhan had just scored a goal and the girls squealed loudly that I can hear them in the library. Typical. For show, he raised the front of his shirt and hooked it to his head before making a victory marathon around the field.

I giggled. Luhan never fails to make you laugh no matter how stupid his jokes can be. What’s more, he’s funnier when he tries to be manly regardless of his baby face.

Unfortunately, I had to stop laughing when I saw a hand grabbing Luhan by the neck. (No he was not being chocked.)

It was Jong In, or better known to this large committee that call themselves his fan girls, Kai. It’s a cool nickname that even the teachers use it now to address him. And yeah, well you know, he is also my childhood friend (who practically had been ignoring me for some time. Jerk.)

They were laughing, both of them when Luhan shoved Jong In away.

Not to be melancholic or depressing in regards of my situation, but wow, how nice to see that our relationship with each other doesn’t affect his life much.

Scowling, I walked out of the library, clutching my bag straps tightly, cursing a certain person with as many obscene names I know from watching English movies and dramas.

I went back the senior building, heading to class 3-B in hopes of being able to find comfort in the hands of certain friends, “Min Ji! Amber!” I shouted as I entered.

“Min Ji, let’s go!” I slammed my hand on her table and grinned.

“Jie, stop it!” the owner of the table screamed at me. Her small eyes narrowed further as she tried glaring at me. After a second or two, we ended up bursting into heaps of laughter. Me, clutching my stomach while she, pulling the ends of her short hair.

Lee Min Ji, is weird at certain points like her habit when she laughs or when she’s hungry or when she’s full or when she’s tired. Other than that, she’s normal, talkative, loyal, girlish and cute because she’s shorter than me and Amber.  

“Wow, dumb and dumber meets each other,” Amber, who was sitting beside Min Ji frowned.

I grinned back at Amber, “You don’t have any basketball practice today, darling?”

Min Ji laughed at the nicknamed I used.

“Oh sweetheart, sadly no. I don’t want you to miss me so much and cry yourself to sleep,” Amber replied sarcastically though the edge of was twitching.

A silent passed by us.

The three of us burst into laughter.

Amber at first if you come to know her is a very straightforward and sarcasm filled person. She doesn’t hide her opinions and she’ll critic if she found it suitable to do so. Despite how she views things may be harsh at times but there’s always truth in what she said. She can be seen as a cold beauty with her long straight black hair, dark eyes, all the exotic looks, but she’s a warm person inside.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down, “Come on, let’s go home,” I pulled at both Amber and Min Ji’s blazers.

Min Ji frowned, “Sorry Jie but oppa asked me to accompany him to today’s basketball game and –“

“And Amber’s coming with you. That’s why Taemin wants you to be there with him,” I end her sentence.

I forgot to mention it; Min Ji has an older twin brother known as Lee Taemin, our basketball team vice-captain. Everybody is closed to him (especially Jong In, they can make a good gay couple) though with an exception to Amber and me.

Since Amber is my neighbor (no, not the one with a cockatoo), I often go to play with them if she’s there. And as weird as the twins can get, Taemin is freaking afraid of Amber until now. I don’t know what he’s scared of her but Min Ji said Amber makes him feel like the world’s going to end soon.

“Kris’ school is coming to play against ours tonight,” Amber said. Kris is her step-cousin from Canada, a Chinese descendent whose mother, a single mother at that time, married Amber’s Korean uncle…I hope it is not confusing you.

 “Ah well, you guys can go. You know Mom will never make me kimchi pancakes again if I don’t come home early at least once a week,” I smiled at them.

I stayed for a while to talk with them about our mid-term test results.

“Bye, Min Ji, Amber,” I waved as I walked out of the class backwards.

“Bye, Jie,” Min Ji grinned as Amber waved back. Suddenly, her grinned disappeared from her face.

“Wha— ,” my sentenced cut short when I felt my bag hitting somebody and followed by me falling down on my .

It effing hurts I tell you. And stupid. And embarrassing.

“Jesus, woman, look where you’re going will you?!” the person that I unintentionally pushed to the ground with me shouted.

I know that voice.

Thank God for my long hair for once. I hope it covers my face.

“You’re alright?” a hand appeared in front of me. I took a peak from my curtain of hair.

It was Luhan.

I nodded meekly and stood up by myself. After brushing myself in a hurry, I proceeded to power walk away from the situation.

“Hey, you, stop there,”

I’m sorry for cursing of serious, AH . I stopped walking and stood stiff.

Typical him.

“You didn’t apologize,” I could hear footsteps, he was approaching me.

You better back off buddy; you don’t want to see who pushed you.

“Hey, do you even hear what I said?” his hand pulled my shoulder to turn me around.

I keep on looking at the ground.

“Seriously, apologize,” the hand then pushed my chin up.

Prepared, I glared at the tall guy in front of me.

Kim Jong In, one thing I don’t like about him is his damn ego sometimes. It’s not just that he rarely apologizes but when people do wrong to him, he will demand one from you.

As he saw who I was, he retracted his hands quickly off of my face.

I look at the people behind him, those who were with him. There were Luhan, Taemin and Sehun. All of them had a shock expression. They knew the situation calls for trouble if Jong In and I were not careful.

Staring at them, I said my apology.

“I’m sorry,”

And with that, I turned around and walk away. I ignored any calls of my name.

“Jie! Jie, come on!”

I know who it was from and I don’t ever want to turn around to his callings again. Never.