CHAPTER 1

Vampire Obsession

Kyuhyun was sitting at his usual place, a small wooden bench facing a quaint and hidden book cafe, he was of course waiting for his prey, someone to stock his refrigerator with pints of blood. He was looking for someone to sink his teeth into. 

Yes, to sink his teeth into, to bite. And yes, he was a pale, and dangerous vampire, he has been for 150 years. Meaning, he has been 21 for 150 years.

And no, it is not true that he burns with the touch of the sun. It's not true he dies with the pierce of silver or wood; It's also not true that human food is something out of his consumption, he actually can as long as human blood is infused with it, and it's so not true he's reduced to sleeping in coffins, just thinking about sleeping in those small, dark coffins made him shiver.

He took a sip of his coffee infused with blood drink, sat back and locked his eyes on a lone guy. He was wearing a $20 suit he probably bought at a novelty store judging from how the color faded, he had heavy dark circles under his eyes, too many wrinkles for his age, and his face looked terribly tired. 

Kyuhyun liked to think of his preys as an individual suffering terribly with life so it would be less painful to put an end to their lives, for him, he was ending their suffering. That is why he ones took Psychology, so that it would be a lot easier who is suffering and who is not. He liked to think of the life his preys have, and to this particular guy, he drew him in his mind as a divorcee, no kids, horrible boss, a tax collector hated by everyone who lived in a one-story apartment with a loud neighbor he always hated. Evey time he had to kill he had to create a backstory for his preys to convince himself that what he was doing was for the betterment of the victim. But of course he knew all too well, that this can never be, in any kind of way, giving justice to what his nature forces him to do.

He really didn't want to do this, but he has no choice, he was peacefully resting on his couch after a long day at work and when he opened his refrigerator to fill his empty stomach it contained of empty packs of what used to be his blood stock, and as if faith was toying with him, the bloodbank was closed and wouldn't open until the weekend. 

And it was only Tuesday.

These are the days he dreaded the most, he wished he could just take their blood and leave them be, but that would leave his clan exposed to unknown dangers.

So now his teeth sank into the guys' neck, some of the blood and opened his suitcase filled with four empty packets. He filled them up and then burned the guy to ashes. He had no idea why he was the only vampire who had the power to conjure up fire, and strangely enough he was also the only vampire who can appear in mirrors.

He closed his eyes and whispered to the skies 'I'm sorry'

He closed his suitcase, went back to the bench and rested for a while.

He was tired of this, He was tired of killing what was once his own specie, it was a curse, a curse that cannot be broken at all, he was lonely, he was always alone, he can't find a decent lady vamp, either they were too dark or too clouded with lust, which wasn't really a problem because he too was dark, he too was clouded with lust, but who wouldn't? If you stopped believing in true love and happy endings, and all you can do to pleasure yourself was have , unlimited . Vamps never get tired after all, but sometimes he just feels like everything's so complicated, and he wants to feel that complicated thing.

He wants to know what it feels like to blush, to have an innocent crush, to have your heart beat so fast when seeing the person you want so much you're ready to make a fool out of yourself and make stupid decisions, He wants to remember, to remember what that felt like, but unfortunately he doesn't remember, he was fated to live this awful life forever.

He chuckled sadly and was about to get up when from the corner of his eyes he saw this small guy bundled up in thick clothing, running because of the harsh cold winter in Korea. The petite guy went inside the bookstore wherein an elderly looking man handed him a mug, probably filled with a hot beverage judging from how smoke was rising from the cup.

"Sungmin-ah, you're late, I thought you wouldn't make it today" the old man said giving a warm smile to Sungmin

"Ah Uncle it's because I have this shoot for this cosmetic company" Sungmin replied

Sungmin took a sip off the warm chocolate drink and gave a sigh of relief as the warm liquid slowly spread in his insides and gave him a warm feeling. The old guy patted Sungmin in the back

"I'm so proud of you, they're finally noticing your talent" the older guy uttered

Sungmin gave a sour expression "It's nothing to be proud of, I was just a mere extra. You probably won't even see my face" Sungmin gave a loud dissapointed sigh

"Sometimes, I just think that maybe I should give up my modelling dream. I mean it must be pathetic to have that kind of dream right Uncle?" The older guy shook his head and looked at Sungmin with eyes full of hope

"Sungmin-ah, you can't always win, but you should never stop trying. The moment you stop, is the moment you truly lose. If it's really your dream, then work hard for it, nothing good comes easy. I'm sure you'll reap the fruits of your hardwork someday" With that, he patted Sungmin on his back once more and took  his hat and coat ready to leave

"Make sure you close up and lock everything when you leave okay?" reminded his uncle

"Yup, thanks uncle, you never stopped believing in me" He gave his uncle a grateful look before his uncle left the store.

As his uncle left, Sungmin took off his hat and coat and hanged it in the rack. He turned the sign on the door from open, to close.

He then searched for a good book to read, and cozied up on his favorite place on the very corner of the store. He put on his headphones and played relaxing instrumental music so that he would be more focused.

10 minutes into reading a tall pale guy went inside the store. And because Sungmin was wearing his headphones and was in the very corner of the room, he did not notice the stranger get inside the store at all. 

Kyuhyun got curious about the little guy, and he had no absolute idea why. It might be because the guy was running with complete energy. Or it might be the colorful outfit he was wearing. Or it might just be the way the guy's eyes twinkle the moment his hands made contact with the warm mug. How could anyone's eyes twinkle with just that small thing? 

Or it could be the way he could feel the life, just by watching the guy. He could feel how alive the guy is, and it made him remember something at the pit of his stomach. Longing.

He longed for the life he could no longer remember. What did it feel like to be that alive? For the very first time he felt so helpless, there was this longing so deep he had no idea what to do with it and how to get rid of it. He has always used this longing as a strength, it made him feel raged, and would always take it out in paid fights in the clan that was done for entertainment. But now, all he felt was weak, and sad. And as crazy as it seemed in Kyuhyun's head, he felt as if that small guy was both the source and the solution to his longing. So without thinking he stood up and, as if his legs had a mind of his own, started to walk towards the quaint bookstore.

He opened the door but saw no one inside.

"Hello?" he shouted, but no one answered

Instead of leaving, he had this certain pull to explore the inside of the bookstore, afterall it has always looked interesting to him whenever he was outside. He just never had a good enough reason to go inside. 

He walked accross the aisles dragging his fingers along the dozens of books, he found a book written in the 1800's revived. He geinned to himself

"Hey I remember this book"

Kyuhyun wondered where the guy was as he wanted to purchase the book. He wasjust about to give up when he finally saw the guy, cosied up in the far end corner. He approached the guy, seemingly immersed in the book he was reading.

"Umm hey, I want to buy this book" Kyuhyun uttered, but he had no response whatsoever from the guy, he just continued reading

"Hellooooo?" Again, no response

Kyuhyun got irritated so he went closer to the guy, squatted down, took the book away from the smaller guy and deadpanned stared right at the guys eyes.

Sungmin was so surprised by the guy that he punched the guy in the right cheek. It was a reflex of Sungmin, completely uncontrolled. So when he saw the book held by the tall guy in his left hand and the right nursing his cheek, he immediately felt sorry. He approached the guy to look at his cheek

"Oh God, I'm so sorry. Are you alright? Oh no this would definitely give you a bruise tomorrow, it's immediately turning purple. Oh no oh no oh no" 

Kyuhyun was surprised by Sungmin who was not even hesitating on touching his face and being this close to his face. What delighted him was how he could stare at the petite guys face so closely, it was no surprise however to kyuhyun how attractive the guy was. His skin was smooth and creamy, and was obviously soft. He had this bright cat like eyes, and it was as if it's a book, completely readable. His lips was a perfect m-shape and he had the cutest little petite body. Immediately, he thought of what the guys body looked under all that thick clothing and dismissed the thought, thinking of how inappropriate that was.

Sungmin then remembered how rude the guy was to him earlier, he jumped away surprising Kyuhyun

"Wait a minute! Why are you here?! Didn't you see the sign outside? It said close C-L-O-S-E. and how rude were you?! Taking that book from me suddenly when I was enjoying it. You know what? You deserve that bruise, I hope it bruises up nicely! Hmp! You should apologize to me right now!" Sungmin looked at kyuhyun expectantly with a determined look on his face

Kyuhyun bursted into short laughter as he saw Sungmin's face, the guy was trying to look tough, instead he looked so cute kyuhyun wanted to pat him in the head. 

"For a short guy you do talk a lot" kyuhyun whispered, but Sungmin heard it loud and clear

"WHAT DID YO--"

"you're the one who punched me, you're the one who should apologize" kyuhyun said with a smug look

Sungmin puffed his cheeks in annoyance, which just made Kyuhyun want to pinch his cheeks.

Sungmin was about to speak again when Kyuhyun put his hand against his mouth, sungmins' eyes widened

"To make up for it, atleast let me buy this book" Kyuyun held up the book he was holding

Sungmin looked with amused eyes, and then reluctantly gave a muffled 'fine'.

They walked towards the counter and Sungmin scanned the book, took the money from Kyuhyun, and put it in the cash register.

He gave a hesitating look before finally speaking up

"You know, looking at you, I wouldn't think you would buy a book such as pride and prejudice" he said

Kyuhyun gave a thoughtful look and said "I bought a copy of this when it was just released, only a few people bought it as the writer was a woman, you see women aren't seen quite as equals back in the days. Unfortunatel I lost that copy" he gave a reminiscent look as he spoke

Sungmin, however, looked at him as if he was crazy

"Are you telling me you bought this during the 1800s?" Sungmin giggled as he looked at Kyuhyun

Kyuhyun, in return, gave Sungmin an amused look. Kyuhyun thought Sungmin's laugh was too adorable to consider as an insult but he realized his slip up and quickly became flustered, making Sungmin giggle again

"You know you're really cute" Kyuhyun's words slipped out before he can even think, it was as if he just had to say it.

Sungmin for a second got taken aback but quickly recovered himself

"I KNOW I'm cute" and gave a toothy smile, and again, gave a hesitating look before looking towards kyuhyun

"You know what, even if you're a non apologizing jerk, I'm still raised to be a kind compassionate person, and I really do think that'll bruise up real bad tomorrow, it but I feel obligated to atleast ice that and put atleast an ointment so it won't leave a scar, come here" 

Kyuhyun gave a teasing smile "You know I meant it when I said you talk a lot for a small guy"

"Do you want me to nurse that bruise or not" Sungmin said annoyed

Kyuhyun raised his hands up in defeat "You know what, on the contrary, i like hearing your voice, honestly" and gave the sweetest smile he could muster, which was surprisingly coming out naturally.

Sungmin, to that, turned around immediately to hide the blush rushing to his cheeks. He grabbed the first aid behind the counter and muttered a 'crap' as he remembered there was no ice

"It's fine, just give me the ointment" with that Sungmin poured a small amount of ointment on his index finger and lightly spread it across the span of Kyuhyun's cheeks, he was quite confused as kyuhyun did not even flinch, he looked at Kyuhyun's face to search for any hint of pain but instead locked eyes with Kyuhyun who was already staring at him.

He slowed down his movement until it came to a stop. They just stayed at that position for what seemed like hours and Sungmin just felt magnetized by those hazel orbs. 

"You're so much prettier this close" Kyuhyun said and gave a smirk in a desperate attempt to break the tension that was quickly building. Sungmin pulled away and gave Kyuhyun a slap on the shoulder

"Well you just got more annoying up close" Sungmin said coolly although inside he was completelt flustered

He stood a distance from kyuhyun before saying

"Well, you got your book, you should leave me now to finally get back to my book, you really disturbed me back there, next time look at the sign okay?" Sungmin gave a warm smile that quickly turned into an annoyed expression as he heard kyuhyun mumble "yup, you talk a lot", "Whatever" he replied.

"Well, goodbye, next time if you really are closed and you have your guard down, you should lock the door, what if I was out here to murder you huh? Tsk tsk tsk" kyuhyun gave one last wink before going out the door.

Sungmin then went back to the corner to get back to his book, when he realized he had not gotten the name of the guy. He shrugged but felt a tinge of dissapointment in his stomach as he sighed and finally went back to reading.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

There might be typos. There might be grammar mistakes. But I was just too excited to post an update after years!  So i couldn't wait to post this!

As always subscribe, comment, vote!

Ahhhhhhh finally back! (Still unstable update though but whatevs!)