Ball of Sunshine

Ball of Sunshine

"Aaaahhh why the internet must go down right now of all the other times?!"


Tao hisses at the noise that comes from his right side.


"Well, must you be that loud? Put up with it, ge. It's new year’s eve after all, people are busy sending each other happy new year messages." He calmly states some common sense, wishing that it will sink to his currently frantic half-brother.


"Noooooo I should be spending my new year's eve with my ball of sunshine!!!" Baekhyun clutches on Tao's arm dramatically. Then he manages to muffle out some whiny sobs on Tao's sleeve.


"Ge, please. My shirt is not some napkins." Tao shrugs his brother off his arm. Ball of sunshine... what is even that? Tao thinks.


"Yah, what's up with all this ruckus?!" Kris kinda yells when he comes out of his room. Apparently Baekhyun's whines have disturbed his beauty sleep.


"Baekhyun-ge is upset because the internet's down." Tao says flatly between his yawns.


"Well, it should be up soon! Why you're getting so worked up about it, it's new year’s eve after all!" Kris stretches his arms, letting out a sight of his bushy armpit hair. Tao groans.


"Don't remind him that it's--"


"NEW YEAR'S EEEEVE!!! I SHOULD'VE BEEN SPENDING IT WITH MY BALL OF SUNSHINEEE!!!" Baekhyun bursts out.
 

"Ball of sunshine. Really." Kris deadpans as he is heading for the kitchen.
 

Ball of sunshine... Tao thinks. Is it some new of him? Tao scrunches his face in disgust. But it's weird though, he said ball instead of ballsTao continues his deep, weird, thought.


Kris comes back with a slice of pizza in his hand. He chews it loudly as he stares at Baekhyun who keeps refreshing a webpage on his tablet.


"Ball of sunshine... ball of sunshine... come baack..." he mumbles as he repeatedly checks the internet connection. Kris gapes in horror.


"Wh-- what?!" Kris puts up his hands and sighs. "I guess I can't ever pull you out from that hole of fangirl--uh, fanboying, Baek." After shaking his head a few times, Kris trots away to his room.


Fanboying? Is that what Baekhyun is doing? Tao thinks, staring in disbelief as Baekhyun wriggles like a burned caterpillar on the carpet.


"I CAME IN LIKE A BAAAALLL OF SUNSHIIINEEE!!!" he sings but changes the lyrics that makes it a messy line of squished syllables. Baekhyun hugs his tablet like his life is depended on it.


"Ge, seriously. What is this ball of sunshine? A new toy?" Tao finally asks. And when he says toys it means that kind of toy.


"What?! How could you think like that?! My ball of sunshine is nothing like that!" Baekhyun says--knowing exactly what Tao means--as if he's been badly hurt and clutches his chest. Anti-climatic to that depressing scene, sounds of fireworks could be heard outside their flat. Loud and cheerful. Baekhyun lets out a long sigh.


"I should be spending my new year eve with my ball of sunshine..." then he fumbles with his tab "... which is my lovely dearest Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun admiringly looks at his tablet home screen which shows a picture of idol Park Chanyeol handsomely dressed in a white suit.


Tao snaps.

 

"I knew it. I knew it would be about this guy. It's like your every last ten outburst was because of him, wasn't it?" Tao shakes his head in astonishment.

 

"I don't know what to do about you, ge. The fact that you nicknamed your number one idol 'ball of sunshine' doesn't really strike me. Have a good night, gege." Tao says as he gets up from the couch to his shared room with Kris.

 

"What are you even saying, Tao? You just wanted a reason to cuddle up to Kris hyung, right?!" Baekhyun half-shouts when he sees Tao already closing the door.

 

We'll see, Baekhyun thinks. I will actually get to know this perfect human being called Park Chanyeol, and be his lover. Baekhyun smiles to himself as he hugs his tablet with Park Chanyeol's picture on it, and not-so-intendedly named his device as 박차녈잉♥.


^^^^^

A/N : OMG I'M SORRY BYE