Hide My Pain

Crooked

When Chaerin wakes up in the morning, Soohyuk’s warm body is wrapped around hers. His hand rests on her stomach, his fingers intertwined with hers. She smiles as she snuggles against him, not wanting to wake up yet.

 

“Watch where you’re moving if you don’t want to regret anything,” His breath is hot on her neck as he whispers to her. He kisses her nape and she can feel his smile on her skin before he kisses at her collar and shoulder. Her eyes flutter open blissfully as she looks up at him resting serenely with his eyes still closed.

 

A mischievous smile forms on her full lips as she slightly adjusts her body to provoke him. Before she can register what’s happening he moves so that he’s on top of her, tickling at her sides as she wriggles underneath him in laughter. The sunlight filtering into the room from the window illuminates her tan skin, making it glow golden against the white sheets. He stops to rest above her, his hands on the bed on either side of her to support his long arms. Her hand reaches out to caress his cheek and he admires her simple beauty with a smile.

 

“Good morning,” He whispers to her, his eyes heavy lidded as he hungrily takes in everything about her face in the morning.

 

“Good morning,” She whispers back and he leans down to giver her a quick kiss. The model rolls over, getting out of bed and putting on his boxer briefs left on the floor from last night. “Where are you going?” She asks with a slight pout, she’s not ready for him to leave yet.

 

“I’m going to make breakfast.” He smiles reassuringly. Chaerin puts on his shirt and revels in the scent of his cologne before following him out to the kitchen. She watches as he cooks and moves around, studying the way his muscles flex whenever he makes a certain movement. They eat in the kitchen, feeding each other bites of food in between kisses and laughter. “I have to leave for work,” Soohyuk says after a while and a smirk firms on Chaerin’s face.

 

“Then, I guess you’ll be needing your shirt.” She says in a low voice as she teasingly s the oversized shirt. Soohyuk watches as with each button more skin is revealed and finally picks her up in his arms, taking her back to the bedroom as she laughs happily.    

 


 

Chaerin happily moves around, cleaning up the table and putting away dishes. Soohyuk’s shirt still hangs on her frame, the long sleeves rolled up. He told her to keep it and took one of her Hood by Air hoodies to wear. YG family usually shared clothes but it felt different with Soohyuk, he made something normal seem so intimate. She puts the stargazer lilies he brought her in a vase and put it on the table, admiring their unique beauty. They’re not her favorite white roses but she loves how bright and bold they are. Somehow it feels more fitting.

 

The doorbell rings and she wonders if Soohyuk has forgotten something. As she walks toward the door, the bell continues to go off over and over again. She looks at the intercom in annoyance and sees that it’s Jiyong. Slowly she opens the door and he stops ringing the bell to look at her. His eyes move from her smooth bare legs to her oversized mens shirt, then to her messy hair and smeared makeup. He recognizes the shirt as Soohyuk’s, having bought it with him at Givenchy in Cheongdam. Angrily, he slams the front door shut and walks past a confused Chaerin into her apartment. He looks around her living room area and her kitchen, then walks toward her bedroom.

 

“Where are you going?” She asks him before he can go into her bedroom and stops to turn around and look at her.

 

“What the hell are you wearing?” He yells back at her.

 

“Oppa, just calm down. I’ll make you some tea.”

 

He takes a seat on the couch and waits for her. She goes to her room to change into a t-shirt and shorts while the tea brews. Looking at herself in the mirror she notices all of the love marks around her collarbone and chest and quickly puts on a hoodie instead. The kettle whistles from the kitchen and she pours Jiyong a cup of tea, bringing the two mugs into the living room with her. She sits on the other side of the couch, handing him his tea. He stares at her as she sips at her tea pretending she can’t feel his eyes boring into her.

 

“Why did you lie to me about your date with Lee Soohyuk?” She looks up at him in shock, immediately regretting lying.

 

“I didn’t know that you knew.” She says quietly, her eyes focused on the liquid in her mug. “I only lied because I wasn’t sure if Soohyuk oppa wanted you to know about us yet.”

 

“I can’t believe Soohyuk seduced you knowing that you’re lonely and desperate.” He mumbles grumpily and Chaerin’s eyes widen at his harsh words.

 

“I’m sorry I lied to you but you have absolutely no right to speak to me like that, Kwon Jiyong.”

 

“I can’t believe you lied to me just so you could the first guy who asked.”

 

“That’s enough!” She snaps at him, sitting up to face him defensively. Her hands shake in anger and she doesn’t understand why he’s behaving like this. She knows he can act pettily and get jealous of others attention toward her but he’s never been like this.

 

“I should have protected you better,” He murmurs, just barely audible, and Chaerin loses it.

 

“I was the one who asked out Soohyuk oppa, I was the one who confessed to him!” She yells out of frustration and confused rage. “I’ve liked him ever since we all went to Paris together!” Jiyong looks at her in shock, not expecting her outburst. He makes eye contact but her usually kind eyes are full of disappointment and anger. “You can just leave if you’re only going to insult me, Kwon Jiyong. I won’t stand for it.”

 

“Wait, wait, wait.” He pleads desperately as he puts his tea on the table. “I just came by to talk to you, Chaerin-ah.”

 

“I think you’ve done enough talking.” She says coldly, crossing her arms over her chest.

 

“Please, Chae, let me stay.” He begs and she looks at him with her chin up high.

 

“Alright, but if you insult me one more time you are out of here. Why do you even care if I date Soohyuk?” Her voice becomes more gentle but her arms stay crossed as if to more easily protect herself. “I really care about you, oppa, and I trust you. But you don’t own me.”

 

“Hunchae, I’m so sorry for being an I don’t know why I’m like this. I was so pissed when Soohyuk told me that I punched a wall.”

 

Chaerin gets quiet as she looks at his bruised knuckles.

 

“Oppa, you’re not in love with me, are you?” She asks in a low whisper. Her eyes are full of pity and confusion and Jiyong wishes she would have washed off her makeup. He notices a large purple hickey on her neck and wishes he hadn’t. Her words hang in his head as she messes up his hair, putting his face in his hands in defeat.


“No. No,  I’m not. I’m not in love with you, oh my God!” He exhales deeply and stands up suddenly, Chaerin still watching him with concern. He wishes she would just stop looking at him and he turns away. Then, he sees the flower on the dining table. Soohyuk probably brought them for her like a perfect gentleman. Jiyong can’t help but think that they’re the ugliest flowers he’s ever seen in his life. “I think I’m going to leave after all.” He says after a moment of silence and he walks out of her apartment, gently closing the door as Chaerin looks after him in shock.

- - -

Author's Note: not my best or my longest but I felt really bad about the long wait. The next chapter will be longer, thank you for everyone who has subscribed and commented. It really means a lot to me!