Xiumin

MAMA

It’s cold here.

It wasn’t always cold.

Those days are gone.

I can’t even remember the last time I saw another human being. Well, another before him that is… I was at my breaking point when he found me.  It was then when I realized that I couldn’t remember. I couldn’t remember when my parents left, whether they died or got lost or even left me, I don’t know. I may never know. I was young.  I couldn’t control my powers. They said they’d be back. They said they were going to find help. They never came back. I didn’t know what to do. Months went by. Years. They still didn’t turn up. I grey hopeless.

            I travelled aimlessly. I found food where I could. Everything in my path lay waste behind me. A frozen path left by the sadness in my heart. At some point I stopped. I had given up running. No matter how far I got from there the memory still exists. No point in running from it. But where would I go? Eventually I found myself a home. No, not a home. A shelter. Short story short, I stayed there for a while. There I tried to harness my powers. It didn’t work. It never worked. And somehow with my frustration, with my depression, and with my loneliness it grew. It seemed like there was no end. I could control my emotions about as well as my powers. The ice grew. And it grew. And it grew. Ice covered the walls. It at my toes and bit at my fingers. Yet, I never felt it.

            When I finally broke down, everything around me crumbled to the ground. The shelter, frozen to core, fell apart around me. Frozen stone pilled around me. Neglected sculptures of unwanted ice crushed into a million pieces. A million less than my heart. And where was I? Crouched somewhere where the building once stood, bawling my eyes out. Yet as soon as the tears left my eyes, they froze. That’s when he found me. In the middle of my break down, I felt a warm hand upon my shoulder. I looked to see a boy with concern drawn across his face. He was my new start.

            That boy that came to me was alike me. He had powers too. He had the power to heal. He healed me, not only physically (because lord now what sitting in a freezing cold room when you’re a teenager does for your health) but mentally. I grew stronger as the days passed. Thanks to him. I was the older one, yet he was taking care of me. So, I promised myself. I promised myself that as soon as I was 100% well, physically wise, I would be the one to take care of him. Also having another person around really lifted my spirits. The depression still lingered, but at least I was happy….happier.

            Eventually we started to move around. I followed him from city to city. Seemed like he’d been doing it all his life. Well, most of his life. He told me a little about his past. Not much really. Just that he’d been traveling around using his powers to help people. I was astounded at first. How were the people he helped not afraid of him? Apparently desperate people will do desperate things. Even so, he and I just grew closer. He became a friend and a brother. Neither of us knew where we were going. That is until one day (a long time since we started), in some rural country town, an elderly man (now that’s a feat all in itself) told us about the legend of the tree of life.

“You are a very special person. Did you know that?” The elder rasped out.

We both looked at him confused.

“When I was younger, younger than both of you, my mother used to tell me this bedtime story.” He shook his finger in the air, as if remembering something,” Ah, boy would you get me something?”

I nodded and asked what he needed.

“Over there. There’s an old book,” He stopped and coughed, “Leather bound. Please would you find it?”

I nodded and cautiously went to where he had pointed. I left my brother and the old man’s daughter to find the book in the next room. I found an old desk covered with papers and a small shelf next to it in said room. Immediately I browsed over the bookshelf, looking for the oldest-looking leather book I could find. Eventually, I thought I had found it. I brought it back to the rom and gave it to the frail man.

“Thank you, sonny.” He untied the antique and leafed through its delicate pages. “Here it is.” He pushed the book towards us. “This story tells of twelve men with amazing powers that shall one day meet together and reclaim the world. It is said that they will banish evil and restart the world as a place of purity and peace.” The old man looked at us with bright hopeful eyes. “Is that you?”

Neither of us knew. Was the legend even true? We found out that it was, not a week later.

We had stopped in a small town. Population…two. Anyhow, we decided to rest for the week. Actually I made him rest for the week. We had been walking nonstop for the past…how long had it been? Month…two months? Forget it. We had been walking for a long time. He deserved a break…I don’t want to be alone again.

The building that we had found was rather posh. It seemed like the original inhabitants were quite rich. We made camp in a room with a fireplace, the only source of heat. The cold might not bother me, but he’s not the one with ice powers. The room was decorated white. White wall, white furniture, white floors. Oddly enough, there was a painting of a unicorn on the wall. Even odder, my brother seemed to like it a lot…a lot a lot.

            The day we found the truth of the legend, I was practicing my powers on the wall. My bother said I should try focusing on something small, like drawing a picture or letter, or a section of something, like the black squares on a checkerboard. So I decided to try it out…on the wall…near the unicorn painting. In some way somehow, hit and miss kind of way, I managed to cover the unicorn painting and pretty much everything else (except us) in a layer of frost. Behind me I heard him sigh and heal a frostbitten flower.

                “Sorry,” I muttered, before turning around and tying to rub away the frost on the painting. Suddenly the picture began to glow. I jumped back in surprise and hid behind my brother.

                 “I swear I did nothing,” I muttered behind my brother’s back.

                We both looked up to see a face flash over the painting. A man with brown hair and eyes, with water floating behind him. Then a location flashed over him. My eyes widened in realization.

“I know where that is…”

“Umm, gege…look,” I looked down to see the mirror in front of my brother flash, showing a face.

“Holy crap…” We turned to look at each other,” It’s true…”

 

 

 

 

ok so this one's not that good and if your confused "he" is lay i just wanted to wait until lay's chapter