Chapter 1

Hi. You've Been Hi-Jacked! [hiatus]

Hee Young sat quietly in the passenger seat as the mysterious man, who held a gun to her, drove her car. Thoughts such as , torture, and even forced ion ran through her mind, causing her to be more terrified. She regretted stopping and trying to help; that’s what she gets for being too nice, now her life’s in danger.

 

Hee Young stared at the gun pointed directly at her, “W-What are you doi—“

“Shut up. Look, I’m sorry, but I’m kind of in a rush here, so I desperately need your car sweetheart.” He cut off, slamming the hood of the car, “And then I’ll let you go.”

She gulped, should she let him use her car? What was she thinking, of course, her life is way more important than that car, but what if he doesn’t keep his promise? Either way, she has to be a good girl in order to get away from this guy.

She nodded her head, and he came closer, looking at her eyes. The close distance made her nervous, but more over, at the fact that he looked flawless. It almost scared her laying eyes on someone that was that handsome. He took her wrist and pushed her into the passenger seat, while he quickly got into the driver’s seat.

Before he started the car, he eyed her again, “What’s your name?”

“H-Hee Young.” She stuttered, snapping her seatbelt on.

He started to drive, “Hee Young? Hm… Nice to meet you. I’m Jonghyun.”

 

She sighed, “How did I get myself into this mess?” She thought to herself, and looked out the window to see if she could recognize where he was driving, but nothing outside seems to ring a bell.

After what seems hours of continuously driving, Jonghyun finally stopped at a graveyard, which erupted many more negative thoughts in Hee Young’s mind.

Oh no, he’s planning to kill me, and then bury my body.” She thought as her heart starting beating at an incredibly unhealthy rate.

Jonghyun got out of the car, “Stay here,” and looked at her hyperventilating in her seat, “And would you calm down.” He said rolling his eyes.

Her eyes were fixated on him, making sure that he was far enough not to hear or see what she was going to do. “Great, now I can drive out of here, and—“ Hee Young scanned over the wheel, seeing that the keys weren’t there, “He took the keys with him… now I’m stuck here.”  She slumped deeper in her chair, frowning in her misfortune.

 

Jonghyun dropped down beside the gravestone, “I-I was too late to see you go…” His voice cracked as he tried his best to hold back the tears, “I can’t believe you’re gone, to think that we were laughing and having a drink not too long ago.”

He stared at the gravestone blankly for who knows how long, burying his feet in the newly dug out ground and reminisced what was, but then he remembered Hee Young. He wiped the small tears from his eyes, making sure that he won’t lose his composure, especially with a stranger.

Climbing back into the driver’s seat, he started the car again and realized that Hee Young was fast asleep, with her eyebrows furrowed, “Hm, idiot, if she keeps that up, she’ll get wrinkles on her forehead.” Jonghyun looked at the rear view mirror, spotting all her things in the back seat, he raised a brow, but didn’t bother with it at the moment.

Jonghyun now entered the city and checked the gas, “Seems as if she’s running low in gas, and it’s getting dark… Maybe I should find a place to stay for now.”

 

Hee Young tossed and turned in bed, but finally found it unbearable to sleep any longer, so she woke up, blinking slowly. The first thing she spotted was the window, the sun’s rays shining brightly in the room, “It’s morning already?” She said, sitting up.

Yawning, she sat up, rubbing her eyes, not remembering when she had gotten back in bed… bed? Her eyes shot open, as she frantically looked around the room. This wasn’t her room; it was some sort of motel. Where was she?

Hee Young remembered that Jonghyun hi-jacked her car not too long ago, but where was he? She made her way towards the window, pushing the curtains aside, but there was no sign of her car anywhere.

“Don’t tell me that he left me… Wait, how am I supposed to pay for this room? I don’t even remember coming here? Did he bring me here?”

She paced around the room trying to find out how she could get out of this mess and her eyes wandered to the bed sheet, and an idea popped in her head. She decided to make a rope with the bed sheets and climb down the window. Can she do that? What if she gets in trouble, no of course she would get in trouble, it was a crime!

Her eyes finally rested on the shiny gun that laid on the night stand beside the bed. She walked up to it, and gingerly brushed her fingers along its cool surface. She picked it up, surprised that it wasn’t as heavy as she thought. “He wouldn’t have left his gun here, that’s stupid, so that must mean that he’s coming back… with my car! Maybe I can use this against him—“

The door slowly opened, Jonghyun walked in with a bag in his hand. Hee Young turned around, hiding the gun behind her back.

“Good morning sunshine!” He happily greeted as he set the bag down on the table. His smile faded when he saw her glaring at him, “What’s wrong—“

“You. Y-You better give me back my car and leave me alone!” She threatened, whipping out the gun, pointing it at him, like how he did to her.

Jonghyun’s face was serious now, “You really think you have enough guts to pull that trigger?” He asked mockingly. The tone of his voice made her doubtful, shooting someone sounds harsh, but it’s for self-defense, right?

Hee Young felt her heart skip a beat, “I will—And I can!” She said, reassuring herself.

“Go ahead. Pull the trigger. Shoot me.” He dared, his lips curling slightly, staring at her.

“How could he remain so calm even though there’s a gun pointing right at him? He must be some sort of idiot!” She thought.

Jonghyun stepped closer, startling her, making her pull the trigger.

Hee Young opened her eyes, seeing Jonghyun fine, she looked at the gun, wondering why she didn’t hear a bang. He suddenly burst into a fit of laughter, clenching his stomach, “Do you really think I’m that stupid to leave the bullets in my gun?” He said in between his laughter.

She stared at him dumbfounded, “W-Why aren’t you shot?” She asked bluntly.

Jonghyun smirked and reached into the inside of his jacket pocket, “It’s because I have the bullets.” He said waving it in her face, “Now, hurry up and eat before the food gets cold.”  He said taking out the containers out of the bag.

“F-food?” Hee Young repeated. Now that she thought about it, she didn’t get the chance to eat at all yesterday, so food sounds great right now. She placed the gun down and nervously stood next to Jonghyun as he began eating the fresh waffles.

Hee Young picked up a batch, sniffing it and Jonghyun noticed, “Yah, I didn’t poison it or anything. Will you calm down?” He said irritated.

She pouted, “Well of course I’m paranoid, holding a gun up to my face, taking my car. Why wouldn’t I be after what you did to me?” She retorted as she slowly ate the waffle.

“Why do you have all your junk in your trunk?” He asked out of the blue.

She choked on a piece of her food, “W-What?” Her face began turning red.

Jonghyun’s eyes widen in realization, “I-I didn’t mean that! You just had all your things in your car so I was wondering if you were moving or something.” He corrected himself.

“I guess you can say I’m moving. I just don’t want to be near him anymore.” She said subconsciously.

“Who is he?” Jonghyun asked curiously, finishing up his meal.

“Just my ex. He’s abusive, an alcoholic, possessive, secretive when it comes to his so called job, and I’m pretty sure he talked to other girls while we were together. I couldn’t stand him anymore so I left.” She answered, angrily stabbing her waffle just by the thought of her ex.

Jonghyun nodded his head, “That sounds tough sweetheart. I don’t think you deserve to be treated like that.”

Hee Young’s eyes widen, “Wait, why am I telling you my business? Can you let me go now?”

He smiled, “That’s right, I just have to do one more stop and I’ll let you go.” He said, grabbing his gun.

 

Jonghyun parked the car in front of a random street in the city, “Well this is it. Thanks for everything, you’re free to go.” He smiled, dropping the keys in her hands. He got out of the car and waved goodbye to her and started to run along the busy streets. She watched and pouted, “What a strange man… What’s his name? Jonghyun, that’s right, he’s cute, but weird… I wonder where he’s running off to.”

Hee Young sighed a breath of relief, finally she’s out of her strange problem, but it brings up another one.

She looked out the window, the streets were filled with sketchy by passers and the buildings were old and run down. “Was this Seoul? But how come it looks so scary? Am I in the boonies? Why did Jonghyun want to leave here? Was he part of some sort of gang? I mean he did have a gun after all, but then again he wasn’t that mean to me. He did keep his promise not to hurt me, and he kindly filled up my gas tank.” Hee Young started the engine and wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.  

As she backed away from the sidewalk, she felt a sudden impact behind her, causing her to bang her head against the steering wheel. She looked back and saw that she accidentally bumped into a very expensive looking car.

A tough and intimidating man came out of the car, clearly pissed and knocked against the window. She rolled it down, “Y-Yes sir, what can I do to help you?”

The man let out a breathless laugh, “Are you kidding me right now love? Do you see the car behind you?” He said, pointing to his dented car, it wasn’t even that bad actually.

She meekly nodded her head, “You’re going to have to pay for that love.” He said, pointing a golden gun at her face.

Hee Young gulped, “Not again.”



New story! I’m starting to question whether or not Key really is my bias because I seem to spazz out about him a lot more. But blah, I got inspired by seeing a man with a broken car on the side of the road. I felt bad for him, so I decided to write a story about it! *LOL I’m an idiot, other people’s misery is my inspiration… jkjk* but I hope you enjoy reading the first chapter! I had to think long and hard before I wrote this chapter because I had to figure out what this story is exactly going to be about.

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting! <333