I.

Over My Dead Body

How I'm feeling it doesn't matter

Cause you know I'm okay

Instead I ask myself 'why do you worry?'

You know, you know I'm the same

You know, I know you don't love me baby

They're trying to take you away from me

Only over my dead body. 

Morning came. The sun was shining over the trees, reflecting from the window and spreading its warmth throughout the room. Hyoyeon opened her eyes to the bright smile of the morning sun. She squinted them and covered them with a hand. Turning over to her side, she saw Kris sleeping peacefully on his back. He had his head turned to the left, exposing his very white skin that shone in the sunlight. Hyoyeon sat up carefully so as not to wake Kris up. Kris was a heavy sleeper so the slightest movement did not wake him up. The glare of the sunlight shone on Kris' pure white skin, illuminating his dyed-blonde hair. 

You look so beautiful Hyoyeon thought as she gazed at Kris' beauty. She actually wanted to just sit there and watch him wake up, wait for him to. 

Finally, Kris felt the rays of the sun stinging his eyes. He tried to open them but couldn't so he looked away and blinked them at his lovely girlfriend.

"Good morning beautiful." he said as he her hair, moving his hands down to her face and onto her shoulder. Hyoyeon batted her eyelashes at him and winked.

"Good morning handsome. Want me to make you some breakfast in bed?" she asked. Kris smirked at her and sat up. He was still wearing the couple shirt that she had bought for them. It was pink and had the words "I'm in love with him/her" and arrows pointing towards each other. They had slept in their couple shirts.

"You make breakfast for us. Not for me. For us." Kris said sweetly. Hyoyeon pulled the sheets from her body and stood up to head to the kitchen. Kris caught up with her later on and hugged her from behind, carrying her even before she could get to the kitchen. Hyoyeon laughed and giggled and kicked around.

"Stop! Stop it!" she squealed. 

"No! You're mine!" Kris playfully teased. When they got to the kitchen, he put her down and started to set up for cooking. Kris loved to help Hyoyeon cook and he loved to eat her cooking, too. In his opinion, she was the best cook in the world. 

Together, they made eggs benedict and paired it with their favorite drink, hot chocolate. When Hyoyeon made hot chocolate, it was like a taste of heaven. 

Together, they ate their breakfast, spoon feeding each other and wiping excess drippings of yolk or hot chocolate off of each other's mouth. After breakfast, they decided that they were going to go out for a morning walk in the beautiful Korean sun.

They still proudly displayed their couple shirts as they walked around the village. Hyoyeon couldn't help but notice, though that a lot of people were looking at her funnily, like she had dirt on her face or was walking . 

"Kris, they're looking at me funny. Why?" she asked him, clutching his arm and a bit worried. The carefree Kris just shrugged it off and grinned.

"They're prolly jealous because you have the hottest boyfriend in town!" he joked. Kris' sense of humor never failed to impress her and make her smile when she was down. 

Throughout their entire walk, people kept staring at them and murmuring amongst themselves. Dirty looks were shot by teenagers in between muffled giggles.

But what is it about them that made people talk so much?

Too much of the staring and glaring made Hyoyeon want to retreat and go back to their house. She clutched Kris' arm and glided her hand down to his to hold it tightly. When Hyoyeon did this, Kris knew what it meant. 

"Okay baby. We'll go back now." 

The walk back was even more torturing on Hyoyeon's part. This time, people were more blunt about what they were talking about. They literally yelled at Hyoyeon.

"Crazy girl!"

"Go to the asylum, you sick !"

"Lookie, one cuckoo flew way over the nest!" 

The teases and taunts grew more and more insulting by the mile. So much that Hyoyeon just ran it out with Kris until they got back to their apartment. 

In their apartment, Hyoyeon burst inside with Kris following behind and immediately locked the door. She leaned on it and slid down, tears dripping from her beautiful, tantalizing eyes. Kris hated seeing his girlfriend cry. 

"Kris, why? Why do they laugh at me? Why can't they understand that I love you and you're my entire world? What is wrong about that?" Kris sat down right in front of her and took her hands in his, holding them tightly. The warmth that coursed from his palms to hers was enough to provide at least a little bit of comfort to her.

"You have to let go of some things." Kris replied. Hyoyeon removed the hands that covered her face and looked at him, puzzled.

"Wh-what?"

"There are some things that you have to let go of, some things not worth keeping in your life." Kris said. 

"But Kris, I don't want to. I don't want to let go..."

"I'm sorry, but it has to end here." Kris said. Hyoyeon watched and felt her tears drop, staring as he backed away from her.

"Kris, please. No. What are you saying?"

"I'm sorry Hyoyeon. I'm sorry..."

Hyoyeon remained engulfed in a sea of her own tears.