worst birthday ever!

A Bitter-Sweet Story

Jessica POV

Dear diary:

"Wow today is the day, finally, it’s my birthday and I just turned 23, so I should celebrate and have fun, but why I feel uneasy, I can’t explain it but, even though the sun is shining I feel so gloomy, maybe it’s because I know I won’t get what I want? A party, my family coming in my room and waking me up singing happy birthday with a cake, breakfast in bed and nice gifts. *sigh*, I know I financially can’t get that, but at least a hug and some love, sometimes I feel like my family doesn’t......."

“Jessica, come down stairs!”

“Ok mum Im coming!”

I closed my diary and went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and had a shower, just before i went down stairs my mum came up, “Jessica put something nice on we have visitors”

“ who came thats so important that i need to get dolled up?” i said frustrated if my mum wont remember my birthday at least let me have breakfast,

“Jessica just got and put something else on okay, don’t argue back”

“ok im going” i sighed and turned around and went back to my room

 

Normal POV

10 minutes later Jessica came down wearing a white knee length dress, clearly unhappy, what could be that’s the reason for her mum to be so pushy with her appearance.  She slowly walked into the living room and greeted everyone; in the room were her mum, dad and four unfamiliar faces two women and two men,

“ Ahh sit down” her father finally broke the silence and gestured her to sit down, “Jessica this is my good friend Mr. Lee, his wife and two kids, Donghae and Sandara” Jessica’s dad said, “annyeonghaseyo”

“This is our daughter Jessica” Mrs Jung spoke up, “wow she is pretty”

Jessica POV

What is going on who are these people, Im scared, I finally had the courage to ask for some answers, “Umm w-who... are you people”

“ Oh right imp sorry I forgot to tell you, Jessica, my daughter, your 25 years old and my good friend came to see you, hoping to have a marriage arranged between you and his son, Donghae” Mr Jung said with confidence and proudly,

WHAT!!! Marriage you kidding me no absolutely not, Im not 25 Im 23 dad how could you not know that my own father, in thought to myself,

But just I was going to speak my mind; he continued “they are from America and hoping to have you two married within a week, so spend some time with Donghae while he is here”

I looked over to my mum and I think she knew what I was thinking so she sent me a death glare, a warning to stay quiet, nod and smile. So in regret I did.

Normal POV

The lee family were heading to the car while Sandara and Donghae were behind their parents,

“So what do you think of Jessica?” no response “ Yah Lee Donghae” “What” “Jessica.... what do you think of her?” “Oh she is pretty” Donghae replied showing no interest. “Really? ”Donghae sighed “yeah she is nice but i don’t know her yet so ask me another time and you will get a proper answer”

ON THE OTHER SIDE

“Arranged marriage mum dad why, how could you not tell me?” Jessica said as she looked in the fridge for something to eat, “yah Jessica we know its sudden but please for us can you just agree to it, i mean you 25 years old and me and your father think.....” “Mum please IM 23 HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW HOW COULD YOU NOT CARE, FOR YOU INFORMATION I LIKE SOMEONE ELSE AND TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY SO PLEASE FOR YOUR ONLY DAUGHTER LET ME BE HAPPY” Jessica screamed while hot tears ran down her eyes. Her parents were stunned they were gobsmacked how could they be so horrible, they felt guilty, but sica’s dad who was fuming with angry softly said “oh my daughter we are sorry, but we are asking you for a favour, our company is falling and soon we could be in poverty, our only chance is this marriage, please understand us”

Of course Jessica felt guilty, after hearing that she had second thoughts and said she will reconsider, that day Jessica thought long and hard, “what should I do? I really don’t want to get married Im to young but I own my parents that much”

In the end Jessica decided to agree to the marriage, but she really didn’t have much of choice, the next day after she told her parents.

Suddenly her phone rang

“Jessica what you doing today?”

 “Hi Nickhun oppa, me I wasn’t planning anything for today”

“cool you wanna meet up I need to talk to you”

“*hesitates* yeah sure ill meet you at the park near my place”

“okay xx I will see you in a couple of minuets”

‘I wonder what he has to tell me, but...maybe I should tell him about my marriage’ Jessica thought and finally got up and grabbed her coat and headed down stairs “mum im going out, i will be back soon”

“ wait hold up, you should be meeting Donghae, today” her father replied

“oh yeah I will do later, but I want some fresh air”

“okay”

Jessica POV (at the park)

I slowly walked towards Nickhun, he had his back to me, and a part of me said to run away, i cant face him, Nickhun is my best friend, since childhood, I love him as a brother, but sometimes i feel like he wants more, which makes me uncomfortable, because i don’t feel that way.

“Oppa hi”

“Oh hey Jessica, you okay?” he turned and replied with a smile

“Yeah, Im fine and how are you?”

Honestly why do feel so awkward with him?

“Not bad” he said

“So why did you call me out” i asked trying to get to the point

“Um Jessica I kind of have a confession”

My heart stopped beating, please don’t say something i don’t want to hear stayed quiet, telling him to carry on

“I like you”

No no no no you cant like me not now.

 

 

Finally first chapter is up,, sorry its late...I kind of felt uncomfortable with writing since new years day...hope you enjoyed it, i will update soon.