Chapter 4

My little Merman

"Father please!" Jinki pleaded, snatching the object that was in the merman's hands and hugged it into his chest. "These are all I have." 

 

"These things... these hideous, barbaric things.. why do you want them?" The King hissed.

 

"They aren't barbaric Father! They are beautiful." The King just growled and another one of Jinki's treasures exploded in a ray of bright light. "No!" Jinki launched himself at the triton, trying to get it out of his Father's grasp but only ended up being thrown against the now bare cavern walls. He groaned as his head smacked against the stone; his eyes slightly open. 

 

"You must learn son that you belong down here. This ocean is your home. Not with your head up out of the water. Human's are barbarians, and nothing, and I mean nothing, they make can ever be beautiful. The quicker you realize that, the safer you will be." He then aimed his triton on the statue of Minho standing in the middle of the room. "He is nothing but a hideous, dangerous creature."

 

"Father No!" Jinki shouted before pushing off the floor and covering the statue with his body. "You can't destroy it! It's all I have of him."

 

"Move Jinki."

 

"Father No! I love him." Anger flashed in his father's eyes, but Jinki didn't move; not until he was thrown away. There was a crack as his body slammed into the wall once again. 

 

With a roar and a wave of his golden trident Jinki watched as his father destroyed every single human object he had found. Saving the statue for last; it exploding into a million pieces. The weapon lowered, having had spent all of his anger, as the King turned with a sad expression. He said softly, "You need to realize you are suppose to be down here Jinki." He then left as Jinki rushed to where the ruins of all of his treasures now laid.

 

He in a breath as he pushed his fingers under the bit of stone that still was intact. Jinki ran his finger tips over the smooth stone that capture the face of Prince Minho as a soft sad smile formed on his face. "I don't see why he can't just understand. You aren't what he thinks you are."

 

He looked up when he heard the hissing. He saw two giant green eels. "It's a sssshame that ssssuch beautiful things had to be destroyed." One of them said.

 

"We could help you." The other hissed as they circled around him. 

 

"Yes, we could help you get what you want."

 

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jinki glared as he held the stone closer to his chest. 

 

"Oh yesss," One hissed.

 

"The human Prince,-"

 

"You want to be with him,-"

 

"To walk among hisssss world." One of their tail fins slid across his back. 

 

"You're wrong." Jinki stared at the two creatures as they swam around him.

 

"Well that'sss a sssshame."

 

"Sssuch a sssshame. We even know sssomeone that could help you get what you want." They stopped swimming around him and made their move to leave.

 

Jinki looked down as the stone in his arms and thought for a moment. Was walking up where Minho lived what he wanted? Was being with Minho, loving him, what he wanted to do? "Wait!" He called out. The two eels stopped and looked back.

 

"Yesss?" They hissed in unison.

 

"Take me to whoever can help me." The eels smiled, if what they were doing could be considered a smile as they moved their heads. Jinki nodded and followed them out.

 

Jonghyun was sitting at the entrance, and he looked up when he heard the group swimming by. He called out. "Jinki where are you going?"

 

"Gwiboon." Jinki answered without an ounce of emotion in his voice. He then glared over at Jonghyun as venom entered his voice. "Maybe you should go tell my Father. You're rather good at that." 

 

Jonghyun gulped as he looked at his best friend with sad wide eyes. Jinki just turned away and followed the two eels. The slightly younger merman just sighed and shook his head, before following after. 


                                                                                         ```````````