Chapter 2

My little Merman

"Is he dead?" Jonghyun asked a little ways off in the water.

 

"I don't know." Jinki mumbled, before turning away from the unconscious human. "Go home Jonghyun. I'll be along shortly."

 

"Are you sure?" Jinki nodded, "Alright. Just don't stay out here in the open too long okay?" He then dove into the water and disappeared with a flick of his strong silver tail.

 

Jinki turned back to the human he learned was named Minho. He ran his hand softly over the man's smooth skin, and gently smiled. "You won't die you know? I wouldn't let that happen." 

 

Jinki then softly kissed Minho; lingering a moment before parting as he began to sing. His voice was deep and smooth, and it did what it was meant to. The cuts and bruises that were along the man's body began to close; and as his eyes began to open Jinki smiled as he continued to sing. 

 

He then jumped into the water and disappeared behind the rock before Minho could awake fully. A dog barked, and Jinki watched as it and another man walked up to the now awakened Minho. The man was looking frantically around the beach and water; looking for the man who had saved him, but he wouldn't ever find the merman. Jinki took one last look at the man's handsome face, mumbled, "Goodbye Minho." and dove under the waves without

looking back. 
                                                            ```````````````


 "Oh my god Minho!" Key rushed to the Prince's side. "I can't believe you are alive."

 

"Where's the man?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"The man with the beautiful voice. Where is he?" 

 

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Key helped the man stand up slowly, looking at him full of concern.

 

"There was a man who saved me. He was so beautiful. His voice was so... ugh where is he?"

 

"There was no man Minho. You are just a little under the weather from the shipwreck. Come on, you need a warm bath and a goodnights rest." Minho kept mumbling all the way up the beach and into his room. 

 

The image of the man's face, his smile and how his eyes crinkled into those beautiful crescents, was etched into his mind. Not to mention his voice. He couldn't get the sound out of his head; like he had never heard anything like it. The sound of the man saying his name replayed through his head, and Minho had to admit that he loved the sound of it coming out of those pink plush lips he remembers seeing. 

 

Key drew the bath, and after Minho had gotten out and dried, he left the Prince laying in his bed. "Get some rest. We'll talk more when you wake up Sire."


   
"Who are you?" Minho whispered to himself before closing his eyes; the singing voice never leaving his mind.


                                                       ````````````
"You did what?"

 

"I kissed him."

 

"You kissed him." Jonghyun said quietly before his voice raised. "You did what?!"

 

"Shut up! Do you want my father to hear you?"

 

"Okay. I'm sorry Jinki, but what were you thinking? He's a human!" Jonghyun ran his fingers through his hair and stared at the merman he called his best friend. 

 

"I had to heal him."

 

"No you didn't. He's a human. A filthy, ignorant human."

 

"Hey!! Don't talk about him like that. You don't talk about Taemin like that. You let me save him didn't you so why the hell are you judging me like this?" 

 

"Taemin is different." Jonghyun sighed. "I just don't want you to get into something you can back out of." 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"You've never kissed anyone okay? No matter how many times I tell you that I love you and ask to. You always say no, and you kiss this man you haven't even met. He doesn't know you exist and you kissed him. I don't want you to fall in love with someone, some thing, that you can't really have."

 

Jinki glared at him. "Are you sure you just don't want me to fall in love with someone that isn't you? Are you sure you just aren't jealous Jonghyun?"

 

Jonghyun rubbed his eyes softly before looking up. His gaze wasn't one of malicious, but his voice had the frosty edge to it. "So what if I am jealous. I still care about you enough to not see you do something stupid like fall in love with a human."

 

"Are you calling me stupid?"

 

"That's not even what I meant Jinki." Jonghyun groaned loudly and sighed when Jinki slammed the door in his face. "Fine Jinki, but listen here. Don't come to me if you need help, because I'm done with all of your foolish schemes." 

 

Jinki put his head in his hand's and sighed. Was he really falling in love with the handsome human named Minho?
                                                         ``````````````