27

The Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shone through my window and the warm rays kissed my face. I stretched out my legs and was about to kick off the comforter when I remembered that Kyungsoo was besides me. I carefully turned over to him and saw him still fast asleep. The blanket still covered his shoulders as he slept on his side. I could feel his bare legs on mine since he was only wearing his boxers. His thick lips slightly parted and his dark lashes adorned his closed eyes. His breathing soft and his hair slightly disheveled. I studied his features and had to prevent myself from pinching myself at the sight. EXO's D.O is in my bed, sleeping next to me. No, not D.O but Kyungsoo. I tamed the fan girl in front of me as I got lost in my thoughts. 

"Noona, if you keep on staring at me like that, I won't be able to sleep." Kyungsoo mumbled without opening his eyes. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I felt his hot breath on my forehead as he spoke.

"Oh, sorry I didn't know you were already awake." I looked away and looked at the time on the clock. 7:02 AM.

"I'm a light sleeper." Kyungsoo said with his eyes still closed. 

"You don't have any schedules this morning?"

"Later ..." Kyungsoo murmured. I waited until I felt Kyungsoo's hand go limp around my waist signaling that he fell back asleep. 

I slipped out from under his arms and quietly moved off the bed. Once I got on my feet, the soreness hit me like a rock. I cupped my inner thighs as I felt the repercussions of last night events. Ugh, I haven't been this sore since I lost my ity. ity. I should ask him about that later. 

I quietly closed my bedroom door taking a quick glance as I made sure Kyungsoo was still asleep. Katy's bedroom was still closed. She must still be asleep. I stretched my arms up in the air once more. I gathered some food from the fridge and started making breakfast.

 

I slid all of the bacon strips onto a paper towel on a plate to absorb the grease. I set the plate next to the pile of toasted slice bread and jelly. I cracked the eggs into the bowl and started scrambling them. Once the butter melted on the hot pan, I poured it in hearing the sizzle of the contact between the two.

"Mmm, it smells good in here." Kyungsoo's arm wrapped around my waist and he placed his chin on my shoulder. 

"Morning sleepyhead. I hope you like American breakfast. How do you want your eggs?" 

"Scrambled please." Kyungsoo kissed me on the cheek. "Katy Noona still asleep?" 

"Yeah, she should be up soon though." I stirred the eggs around in the hot pan. 

"I don't think I can cook freely if you're latched onto me like this Kyungsoo", I laughed as I tried to move around the kitchen. 

"But what if I don't want to let go?" Kyungsoo tightened his grip and rubbed his cheek against mine.

"Well, you have to you silly boy." I pushed Kyungsoo's hands down and freed myself from his clutch. As soon as I left his embrace, I immediately regretted the lost of his warm contact. A little empty feeling making its into my stomach which I quickly pushed aside. 

"I'm no boy." Kyungsoo crossed his hands over his chest. "I thought I proved that to you last night", Kyungsoo replied as a grin formed on his face. "Or do I have to remind you again?" Kyungsoo stalked over to me. I quickly put my arm out and pressed my hand against his chest from coming any closer.

"Don't even think about it! I'm still sore", I whimpered as I put my hands over my sore spot. 

 

We set the table and I looked at the breakfast spread of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast before me. My stomach grew excited at the sight of my favorite meal of the day. I told him to sit and we dug into breakfast. 

"Kyungsoo, I've been meaning to ask you .." Kyungsoo looked up at me with his big eyes. "Um, are you a ?"

Kyungsoo immediately started choking on his eggs and grabbed the glass of water. "W-why do you think that?"

"Um, just a feeling, I guess." More like your members let the cat out of the bag. "And since we haven't actually had yet, I was just wondering." Kyungsoo started pushing around some of the food with his fork and began chewing on his bottom lip. "I mean, you don't need to tell me if you're uncomfortable. It's not a big deal or anything, I was just curious--"

"I am." Kyungsoo put down his fork and looked up at me. "I'm a . Is that a problem?"

"No no, not at all. I was just asking."

"If you really need to have or I'm not satisfying--"

"--That's not what I meant--" 

"--you enough, you can always go find someone else." 

I was completely taken back at how the atmosphere turned into this. I hated how his tone turned cold and his expression wiped blank. "I thought you said you didn't want that? Kyungsoo, look that's really no--" 

"It's fine. Really. I get it. You've probably had numerous partners. And this is just for fun anyway. I have plently of girls who will be just happy with what I'm offering. Even just me looking their way would be enough for them. " Kyungsoo stated dryly. I couldn't swallow the lump in my throat as the chill of his words slapped me across the face. 

Kyungsoo looked at the time on his phone and pushed the half eaten plate of food away from him. "I have to get ready for my schedule. Thanks for the breakfast." His tone was cold and his face lacked emotion. He stood up and left my apartment without another word. I sat there trying to go over what went wrong and why he was acting this way. I felt my eyes begin to water and I tried to blink back the tears. Why the hell am I even crying? My anger started to boil as I wiped away a tear. I hate when people don't just come out and say what's wrong. I'm not a mind reader but I'm not going to go and beg him to tell me what made him so upset. It was just a question. I know I'm being stubborn and I probably should be the bigger person but just the thought of what happened just made me angry. 

Once Kyungsoo left our apartment, Katy came out of her room. I already had a feeling of what she wanted to discuss. Katy saw my red eyes and immediately rushed over. There was only one time where Katy really saw me cry. When I broke up with my boyfriend that one year during college. She knew better than to point it out. I hated crying. It made me feel weak and I loathed that. 

"What happened?" I sat on the couch and told her what had just transpired as she ate her breakfast. "What the ? Why is he being such a ? It's not like you were upset that you guys weren't having right?" Katy slammed her fork down on the table. 

"Yeah, I'm not at all. Normally, with any other friends with benefit situation I would. But I'm perfectly fine with what we're doing. I don't know what got him so heated. I tried to explain but he just kept going. I was just in shock from the 360 in his personality and I blanked."

"Maybe he's sensitive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter