Fright Fest

SaRangHAe ♥ ☆ ♥

"Boo!" Woo Jin exclaimed peeking from behind your legs. You looked down to see your one-year old nephew dressed in a ghost costume you made for him from old bedsheets. He clutched the ends of your sapphire blue skirt while looking up at you through the holes of the sheet with innocent brown eyes. Woo Jin was going to be turning two soon and he could already say a few words. It was mostly gibberish but 'Boo' seemed to be one of his favorites.

"Aigoo Woo Jinnie!" you exclaimed picking him up and twirling him around while pulling the sheets over his head, "You found me! Are you ready to go see the scary monsters?"

It was Fright Fest in the nearby amusement park and you suggested that your sister take a break and go have fun with her family. She agreed and invited you as well. The two of them worked so hard everyday that they deserve to take a break once in a while. You had been Woo Jin's babysitter since the day he was born so you two were pretty close. So close that he learned how to say 'noona' after you taught him.

"Hey, you kids ready?" your sister asked while putting on her shoes.

You nodded and along with your brother in law, you all went to the amusement park. It was approximately a thirty minute drive and Woo Jin couldn't help but stare at all the flashing lights and the young kids playing around.

You smiled. He always seemed to be so amused when he saw other babies in public that he would immediately smile upon seeing them. After you all entered the park, you promised to watch over Woo Jin while his parents roamed around the park for a while. A few men dressed as Dracula and ghosts passed by you and you noticed Woo Jin stare at them with wide eyes.

While pointing to them, he exclaimed, "Boo!"

You giggled at his cuteness.  It was dinner time and you were trying to feed Woo Jin his food but like always he did everything except eat his meal. He would do nothing but run around the park chasing butterflies and other children while you struggled to chase him in your heels. He was way too hyperactive!! He kept on crashing into other people's legs while sprinting away from you.

"Aish! Woo Jin ah! You have to eat!" you exclaimed while grabbing him with your free arm and apologizing to the other people he bumped into. After miraculously completing your task, you let Woo Jin enjoy his time in many of the kiddy rides.

"Woo Jin ah, stay close to me, arraso?" you asked while tightly clenching his hand in line for the Merry - go- Around. Woo Jin looked up at you and made an okay sign with his fingers while smiling at you. Aigoo! You just wanted to hug him and plant a kiss on his soft cheeks. He was naughty but too adorable!

You bent down and while pinching his cheeks you said, "Wah! Your such a good boy aren't you? Bobo!"

Woo Jin softly pecked your lips. You gently tapped his cute button nose with yours before standing back up again. After a few rides, Woo Jin began to grow sleepy and you had no option but to carry him through the crowd. You loved the warm feeling of holding him close to you and you hoped that one day you would have a kid as cute as him but not as mischievous! You continued walking when a young couple abruptly stopped you and asked to take their photo. Since Woo Jim had not fallen asleep yet, you gently placed him on the ground and took their camera. Meanwhile, Woo Jin pouted while holding his arms up to you pleading for you to carry him.

"One second, Woo Jinnie! Stay close, arraso?"

Woo Jin whined and then held onto your legs while resting his head upon them when you took the photo.

"Say cheese!" you exclaimed and took a shot of the couple before returning their camera to them. After they thanked you, you waved goodbye when an uncomfortable and eerie feeling overtook you. You slowly looked down and noticed that Woo Jin was no longer standing beside you!

Your heart felt like it plummeted to the ground from a 100 story skyscraper crushing it into smithereens. Color drained from your face and you could do nothing but stare at the ground in shock and accept the truth: You lost him. Woo Jin was lost within the crowded amusement park all because of your irresponsibility. Panic, sadness, and worry filled your thoughts.

"Woo Jin ah! Odiya?" you exclaimed while running around the park in fret. You tried asking multiple people in the park if they had seen him but none of them had any clue about the whereabouts of your nephew. You couldn't believe you lost him! An innocent one-year-old is freely running around in a park.

What if he gets hurt while bumping into people? What if he gets too cold? Or worse, what if some strange creeper spots him alone and tries to-Aish!

You just couldn't bring yourself to think of that! By this time, you covered your mouth with one hand while sniffling and tears started rolling down your cheeks. Suddenly, you felt a tap on your back and swiftly turned around thinking it was Woo Jin but were surprised to see a familiar face.

"Sooyoung unnie?" you asked between your sniffles.

"Hey kiddo, I was coming here with a group of friends and oh my god, are you crying?"

You nodded and spilled out the entire story to your sister while trying not to choke over your words.

"Don't worry, we will find him okay?" Sooyoung stated in a comforting voice, "Did you try the ferris wheel? Maybe he went there because of the bright lights. And it is close by too."

You nodded and followed her. The only thing that worried you was that it was approaching nightfall and you knew how much Woo Jin hated the dark. When you two arrived at your destination you and Sooyoung decided to split up so you could cover more ground. You continued searching and asking other people.

After a couple of minutes, you heard a voice call from behind you, "Noona."

You immediately froze. You could recognize that voice from anywhere.

"Woo Jin?" you asked and briskly turned around. There you saw Woo Jin in he arms of someone whose face you did not have time to notice since you were overwhelmed with joy to see your nephew again.

"Aigoo Woo Jinnie!" you exclaimed while carrying him in your arms, "I told you to stay by me didn't I? God I was about to die!"

You finally brushed away your tears and noticed Woo Jin nibbling on some pink cotton candy.

"Woo Jin Ah, where did you get this?" you asked and turned to face the stranger who brought your nephew. You were stunned at the person standing before you. "Y-you?" you said for a lack of a better word.

There you saw the person who you swore to never talk to again: Kris Wu. He stood among the crowd with the usual smirk on his face. Ever since Kris had given you the surprise kiss in the library, you two never had conversed with one another. Actually it was more like he continued to remain cold to you and acted like the kiss never even happened! You were deeply upset and frustrated about this and finally after weeks of awkwardness you concluded that he was just being like other guys and was fooling around with you. So you made up the decision to move on with your life and not talk to him anymore. However, your heart continued to ache whenever you would see him in the hallways or in the library. You were a bit hurt that you had been messed around with as if you were nothing but a toy doll. Sometimes you wished you two could go back to the old times when he would mock you or in other rare occasions be so sweet to you that your heart would start to race. Nevertheless, you continued to remain this way although it hurt you so much. Was it possible that you were falling for him?

"Are you going to say anything or just continue to stare at me?" Kris asked awakening you from the dream you were having.

"I-I w-wasnt staring!" you stuttered a bit flustered bringing Woo Jin closer to you to hide your pink face.

A small smile crept upon Kris's lips as he saw your usual coyness. "Why are you avoiding me?" he asked suddenly causing your heart rate to spike up again.

He found out!? just now? -.-

You gathered up your courage like you should have weeks ago and answered softly, "I should be asking you that."

He raised his eyebrows and continued gazing at you with sincerity in his eyes.

"You never been the same ever since -" you stopped abruptly.

Kris titled his head and walked towards you with that ever so cool suave walk while giving you that stare which made you grow weak in the knees. You began to move backwards a bit overwhelmed with his sudden act until your back hit the metal railings behind you. He stepped forward until he was only a few inches away from your face. His finger slipped under your chin and he gently lifted your face to face him instead of the ground.

"Ever since ours kiss?" he finished for you while brushing his thumb across your rosy cheeks. You stood with your legs quivering while Woo Jin looked at you two with a confused expression on his face.

So he does remember?

"Why were you so cold to me?" you asked.

"Because you avoided me so I thought you didn't like me."

"So you like me?" Kris chuckled.

"What is it with you girls? Do I have to say it?"

"Its because you boys are so confusing! Saying one thing and doing something else."

Kris smiled and answered while brushing the hair off your face, "Honestly, after all that time of not talking to you, I realized my feelings towards you are more than just like."

Your eyes suddenly grew wide when you noticed Sooyoung running towards you while flailing her arms back and forth.

"Yah! You found him!" she exclaimed once she came by your side, "Omo! Kris oppa, I thought you were with Tao and Luhan oppa! Were you the one that found Woo Jin?"

Kris nodded and ruffled Woo Jin's hair while he giggled.

You gave her a confused look and when she noticed it, she answered, "Remember I told you I was here with a group of friends? It's Hyoyeon, Tiffany, kris, Tao, and Luhan from school." You figured they would come together since they were they most popular group in school but Sooyoung never excluded you just because of her status.

Sooyoung grasped Woo Jin from your arms and spun him around. "Yah, stop running around! You nearly gave your unnie a heart attack."

You smiled and walked behind Sooyoung while Kris sauntered beside you.

"______ah," Kris stated trying to catch your attention but you ignored him. "Will you just listen to me?" he asked.

You childishly covered your ears until a pair of arms brought them down and turned you around to face him. He stood before you and looked at you with those soft brown eyes.

"Do you want me to make it up to you?" he asked with sincerity in his voice.

"How?"

"Well we can treat this as our first date."

"Eh?"

"It's a simple question. Yes or no?"

You thought about it for awhile and quite honestly, you felt so thrilled when Kris started talking to you. It made your heart flutter and it felt as if you were on cloud nine. But you didn’t want him to know that, well maybe not yet.

You shrugged and coolly stated, "Okay." Kris stared at you in shock and raised his eyebrows in suspicion. You deserve some form of apology after the way he acted towards you. "But I have a rule."

"Yeah I figured. What is it?"

"I don't kiss anyone on the lips during the first date."

Kris chuckled in amusement. "So you kiss people before you date?" he asked cheekily. There was the naughty Kris you knew!

"Yah! That wasn't mutual!"

"But you enjoyed it, didn't you?"

Your mouth flung wide open and you were way too flustered to say anything after that accusation.

"Actually, I think you were enjoying a little too much. You didn’t even want to pull away from me. Was I really that good?" This time you swore you looked like a ripened red tomato.

"Y-Yah! Y-you a-er so," you stammered while Kris stared at you with an amused look on his face. Your stuttering was way too cute for him. Quite frankly, he felt like kissing you already but he was stopped by a sharp cry.

"Hey guys, come on!" Sooyoung yelled in front of you two.

Kris stepped aside and playfully stated, "After you, girlfriend."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!! Kris like meeee *cough* i mean you..... hehehe now go to the next chapter to see what happens nextt :)