Lonely

The Man Who Can't Marry
 
 
 
 
 
Author's POV- 
 
 
 
The next morning had come and you were on your way to the destination that Mir had mentioned. 
 
 
 
Your POV- 
 
 
 
I pushed the door open and walked in. It was spacious and big. The whole office was huge. I went to the reception and asked,"May I know where is Mir?" 
 
"Do you have an appointment with him?" She asked me back.
 
"I guess so.. I'm the new model." I replied. 
 
She then pulled a book and began checking the records whether it was true or not. Just then, a voice came from behind,"She's the new model I hired yesterday. Put her in the list from now on and prepare her ID Card." 
 
 
The voice startled me and i frantically looked behind. It was Mir. I bowed and greeted him. 
"Follow me." He briefly said and guided me to the elevator. 
I was feeling pretty nervous since its my first time.
 
When we were in the elevator, Mir pressed the button of the highest floor, the 26th level.
"Yunhee ssi, how old are you?" Mir asked. 
 
"I'm 32 years old. What about you?" I said. 
 
"You don't look like it. I'm 35."
He replied. 
 
"Are you married?" I asked. 
 
People around our age are usually already married. But i haven't found my right one yet. I was curious about Mir though. I wondered how he could be married if he had that attitude. 
 
"No. Why do you ask? Are you interested in me?" He smirked. 
 
I rolled my eyes."I guess there's a reason why you're not married yet at that age, huh?" 
 
He frowned and was just about to retaliate when the elevator stopped and i stepped out. I was satisfied that i could irritate him but still pulled a poker face. 
 
 
With a frown, he showed me around his personal office. 
"This is my room. And we'll be discussing everything at that table over here." He pointed to the oak-coloured table. 
 
We both then took a seat across from each other and Mir then started explaining on his business and what i need to do. 
And i've gotta say, he is a pretty brilliant man. But too bad he's got that stuck-up personality.. 
 
 
"So.. This is the outfit that i'm currently working on." He then showed me a picture of the outfit. 
 
I was stunned by its beauty. It's beautiful but y at the same time. 
"And i need you" he pointed to me. 
"To model this outfit." He completed his sentence. 
 
"We'll be going to the photo set in a while and the stylists will style your hair and the makeup artists would work on your face. You are perfect for this outfit so don't disappoint me." He said in a strict manner. 
 
I nodded and let him continue. He then went on about how much i'd be paid and it was a great sum of money. I'd be paid $8,000 for this job! Its more than i earn for 2 months! 
 
After a while of explaining the procedures, Mir then brought me down to the 12th level which i assumed to be the photo set. 
 
He then shooed me away to the changing room. I changed into the outfit and was shocked by my transformation. It was a mini dress and was really tight and short. It revealed a little of my chest and above. I then put on the fur coat and it totally made the whole outfit a wonder! I slipped on the black bejeweled high heels that completed the look and confidently walked out of the changing room. I felt beautiful! 
 
I sat on the chair in front of a mirror and the stylist then began working on my hair. She gave me a wild hairstyle. It was messy yet intoxicating. The makeup artist then began on my face. She put on the foundation and eyeliner and gave me red lips. I was suprised by how i looked totally different. 
 
Just one word to describe the whole look: y. 
 
 
Mir then walked towards me. He scanned me from head to toe then nodded in satisfication. 
"Alright, go to the photgrapher." He pointed to a guy with glasses on. 
 
He didn't look nerdy though. His glasses  outlined the shape of his face which made him look kinda cool. 
"Ahh, the model is here! You look great! Now go out there and look y!" He encouraged me. I laughed a bit and walked onto red screen. 
 
"Alright here, just squat down and make a y expression while also showing off the outfit." He instructed. 
 
I squatted down and faced the camera with my sides. I looked at the camera and gave a mesmerised look with my finger on my lips. 
 
"Good!" He yelled out. 
 
"Change!" He said. 
 
I then stood up with my body facing the front. I put 2 hands on my waist and turned my head to the side and looked at the ground to show off my collarbone and chest. With a few shutters, the photographer smiled at me.
 
"Great job!" The photographer complimented me. 
 
"Change!" He said, once again. 
This is actually kind of fun!
 
 
 
 
Mir's POV- 
 
 
 
Truth to be told, she looked amazing! But i maintained my poker face because i didn't want her to have any strange thoughts. 
 
After an hour, the whole photoshoot was done. I went to the computer and scrolled through the pictures. She was indeed dazzling.
 
But strangely this time, i wasn't looking at the outfit but i was looking at her.. Yunhee.. I shook away the thought and concentrated. 
 
"Alright, they're fine. Send me the photos later to my laptop." I said to the phyographer. He nodded. 
 
I then spotted Yunhee resting at a corner. Many were praising her for her good work. She then went off to the changing room. 
 
I am very satisfied with today's photoshoot. Its more than what i had expected. 
 
 
When Yunhee came out, i then brought her to my office again. I wanted to thank her but the words wouldn't come out. Is it because of my pride?
 But Yunhee spoke up first,"Mir sshi, it was really fun today and i would like to thank you for that. It was definitely a first." She smiled. 
 
I didn't know how to answer her so i just took the envelope with her pay inside and passed it to her. 
"This is your pay for today. I'll let you know when i need you to model again. So now, do you need a ride back?" I asked. 
 
"Well, if it doesn't cause any inconvenience to you then sure." She smiled. 
 
I put on a straight face and guided her to my car. The ride to her house was silent. I couldn't bring myself to say anything. While i was contemplating on what to talk to Yunhee about, she suddenly asked,"Mir sshi, forgive me for my rude question but.. Don't you ever get lonely?" 
 
 
"What do you mean?" I asked. 
 
"Well, you talk back a lot and tou flaunt a lot.. You're reallly rude too.. And you're not married or have anyone beside you.. Don't you ever feel lonely?" She asked. 
 
I was offended by her question and frowned,"Living alone is great. I don't need to care about others and I can do whatever i want! " I shouted. 
 
"But sometimes.. Just sometimes.. You need to care about the feelings of those around you too.." 
 
"Why should i? I don't see a reason i should." I replied coldly. 
 
She sighed and looked out of the window. It became silent again. Once we reached her house, she greeted me goodbye, to which i never greeted back, and left. 
 
I went back home to have some relaxing time and also to work on the various projects i've invested in. 
 
When i had reached home, i gave myself a long relaxing bath and then did the things i needed to do. It was getting late as i yawned and kept my things away. I cooked up a bowl of noodles and ate to my heart's content. 
 
"Who needs someone beside you when you can enjoy life's privileadges alone?" I scoffed. 
 
After i was done, i washed the dishes and took a good look around my house. It was big, spacious and classy, just like how i meant for it to be. 
 
But... But.. It's empty... 
 
I sighed and walked up to my bedroom. 
"Maybe she was right..." I whispered. 
 
I shifted around in bed and finally, my eyes drowsily drooped down and i went off to dreamland.