1~ First Meet

The Man Who Can't Marry
 
 
 
 
 
Author's POV- 
 
 
 
Mir, a well-known tycoon in the business industry. He sells branded clothing, shoes, accessories, women's apparrel, men's apparrel, you name it.
Fashion is his passion. 
 
But he has an attitude issue. He insists on the type of clothings he wants and would not allow anyone in his company to defy him. But his company staff would just follow his instructions as they have no other choice since his creations are just so darn great. 
 
 
You, Park YunHee, on the other hand, is a hardworking and kind person. Although you are kind, you have a fiery temper for people like Mir. Snobby, obnoxious, mean and selfish. You detested people like him.
 
You work at several places to pay off your late father's debt and also to invest in your younger sister's studies as you wanted to send her abroad since your younger sister dreamed to be a chef. 
 
You had lost your mother at birth but refused to let that fact seep into you. You didn't want to face the harsh reality that she had passed away because of giving birth to you. But you were grateful that your father and younger sister never once blamed you for it. 
 
You work from Monday to Tuesday as a beautician, Wednesday to Thursday as a make-up artist and Friday to Sunday as a bartender. 
 
It was tiring to work 15 hours everyday with little breaks in between but you could only grit your teeth and stay strong because you knew you had to do this since you didn't graduate from college because of financial issues. 
 
 
But overall, the money was just enough for daily needs, the debt and also your sister's studies. 
 
 
 
Mir POV-
 
 
It was a Friday today. My company had just sold off the whole storage of women's apparrel and we were going to celebrate tonight at J's & Berry's Bar. 
 
 
As we walked into the bar, we found ourselves a big space to seat each and everyone of us. We then ordered the food and drinks. 
Of course, almost all of them chose alchohol but because i just couldn't stand the burning sensation in my throat whenever i drank alchohol, i sticked to a non-alchohol cocktail instead. It tasted much better than some yucky alchohol. 
 
 
 
"Cocktail, please." I said and took a seat in front of the lady bartender. I found it weird how a lady could be a bartender instead of a man. 
 
She nodded and smiled as she mixed the cocktail. As she was approaching me to give me my drink, she tripped over her own foot and the drink spillt all over me! 
 
I gasped in horror as i frowned and glared at the lady menacingly. "Yaahh! Watch where you're going! These are my new clothes!" 
 
"Oh no! I'm so very sorry!" She quickly apologised and took some tissues to help me clean up. 
 
But when she reached out her hand to wipe my clothing for me, i cringed and smacked her hand away,"I don't need your help!" 
 
 
"Mister, I'm so sorry! I'll pay for your drink and make you a new one! I'm very sorry, Sir!" She apologised profusely. 
 
As i felt all the stares on me, i frowned and reprimanded her,"Aren't you going to pay for my clothes then!? They are worth $1,000 USD!!" 
 
I could tell her mind was out of place as she stared at me in shock. 
 
 
I smirked and said,"No money to pay huh?" 
 
"Think about it.." I said and left to the bathroom. Just my luck to run into such a clutz. 
I looked at the stain on my clothes through the mirror. 
 
"Aish.." I cursed under my breath. I used water and went over the stain to at least "wash" it first. 
I don't want an army of ants to charge at me. 
 
After i was done, i went out and saw that the lady bartender was cleaning up the mess on the floor. I smirked at the sight and walked over in front of her.
 
 
Your POV- 
 
 
$1,000 USD!!!??? Thats like a million Korean Won! How can i possibly afford it!? It'll take up all my life's savings! 
 
I panicked in my mind and was flustered. What should i do? Isn't there any other way to pay him back? 
 
I took a wet cloth and cleaned up the mess on the ground. As a million thoughts ran across my mind, a pair of feet appeared before me. I looked up and it was the man i had spilt the cocktail on.. I quickly stood up and apologised again.
 
"I'm awfully sorry, Sir.. And about the clothes.. I... I.. " I stuttered. I was at a loss of words. 
 
"My guess is right then." He smirked. 
 
Oohh, how i hated that smirk! 
"I-Is there any other way to pay you back?" I asked. 
 
"Hmm.. Let me think." He said. 
 
He then scanned me from head to toe which made me feel uncomfortable. I looked at the ground to avoid his gaze. 
 
Suddenly, his hand tilted my chin upwards to face him face-to-face, eyeball-to-eyeball. I slowly cowered back. What on earth is he doing?!
 
He then suddenly said,"Be my model." 
 
I couldn't believe my ears. Am i hearing right? What? 
 
 
"What did you say?" I asked to confirm my queries. 
 
"Be.." He placed his hands on my shoulders and with seriousness in his eyes, he repeated his sentence,"My model.." 
 
I gave him a confused look and cocked my head to the side,"Eh?" 
 
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------
 
 

Dear readers, 

 

i'm posting short chapters so that i can extend the length of the fanfic so please understand! And also, don't worry because i won't leave this fanfic! Please be patient with me if i don't updte in a week because school is starting soon and my life would become pretty hectic but i'll definitely find some time :) thanks for reading! Bye~ 

 

Author Hyunmin