Whilst On Stage

Whilst On Stage

It was after their 3rd song for the concert. Hongki's face was all red and his eyes were smarting. He stumbled along to the left side of the stage, past Jaejin then Seunghyun and crumpled down to the floor. Burying his face in his hands, he let his train of thoughts rush through his brains, bringing the emotions to a .

Hongki felt a warm touch on his right shoulder. He lifted his head, and met Jaejin's concerned eyes.

It's heartbreaking seeing hyung like that. He has always surprised me with his energy during lives and now, he's just so fed up with himself. I miss yelling those high notes and harmonizing with him. I hope hyung gets well soon. I won't mind getting shot at during talk time and those annoying things he does to me.

"Konbangwa minna-san! Hoonie des!" Jonghoon nasal voice boomed from the speakers.

 

Why today of all days...Why? This is getting frustrating, I can't even put up a good show for the Pris - who spent their money on the damn ticket for this concert. I can't let them down, I dont want to. But my voice. Argh! I hate this side of myself, so weak, so useless. I can't do anything else. I just want to --- Ung?

 

"Hongki-hyung, are you alright? Can you still go on?"

 

"I...I don't know... It's hard for me, but for the Pris, I'll work hard"

 

"Are you sure, hyung?" Jaejin rubs Hongki's back with his palm as he squats down and leans in out of pure concern for his dear hyung. His eyes never left Hongki's, his eyes that are filled with true care and worry. And Hongki reciprocated. He locked his eyes in Jaejin's.

 

Ah Jaejin-ah. He never fails to calm me down. He's like the sun's rays during winter. He could well be my favourite dongsaeng.

 

 

Primadonnas' high-pitched ear-piercing screams followed. A mixture of "HOONIE! MINARI! HONGGI~ SEUNGHYUN!!! JAEJIIIIN". That would have been painful to most of us, but to FT Island, it's their favourite sound. It's no noise, it's the sound of love and the sound of their fans, the fans that have stuck with them since their debut, the fans they love.

 

The fan's cheers broke that fragile moment of connection. Jaejin almost jumped. Both Hongki and Jaejin shot their glances on the floor for a fraction of a second. Hongki held his hand up and pat that warm hand still on his shoulder.

 

"Ara! You're getting like an old grandma! I'll be fine," teased Hongki as his ever charming grin showed. Even though he's sick, he still looks perfect.

 

Yea, that's the Hongki-hyung I know. "Great, just don't take it too hard on yourself hyung, yeah?" Jaejin just had to confirm it in case Hongki was just faking it.

 

Jaejin swiftly moved his hand over to Hongki's head and ruffled his hair before dodging quickly. Well, not as quick as Hongki's reaction. Hongki retaliated by reaching out and messing up the back of Jaejin's hair. Both Lees grinned at each other mischievously: Hongki revealed his sharp canines as usual and scrunched his nose while Jaejin stood up with his oh-so-adorable smile on his face. He returned in front of his mike and played with the edge of his bass. SeungHyun ended his talk with the fans and the arena reverberated with Pri's screams once again. Hongki and Jaejin looked at each other once more, this time with determination. It's time for another 2 hours of jamming together.

 

"Sa, sa, sa, sa!" Hongki's screechy voice burst into the arena. Everything was back on track.

 

No one could have noticed that fragile emotion they had whilst on stage.