1.

Black.

Minzy came to the cafe again, on the exactly same time she went there everyday. Not many people came to this cafe because the coffee doesn't taste good enough like Starbucks but to her, the aroma of the coffee itself brings her back to her memories.


Her teenage's memories.


Then, came a man who knew her very well gave her the same coffee that she would order when she came here. The man smiles, put down the coffee and took a seat in front of her.


Minzy just ignored him. she took out a book that she bought yesterday. The book caught the man attention.


"New book, huh?" He said, just to begin a conversation with her.


She smiled, only with half of her lips. "It's my only friend I have,"


"Find another then," the man insisted. Minzy smirked then continue to read the book again.


The man got up, as there's another customer came into the cafe. Minzy could see there's only five people occupied the cafe, including her and the man.


The man, that Minzy loved as he has the same characters as her best-boy-friend-forever.


"Hanbyul," she called a bit slow but Hanbyul, the waiter turned his head to MinzyMary.

                                                                                                                
"Need anything?"


Minzy shook her head, "Not really."


Just then Hanbyul came to her as he had finished serving the foods and beverages to customers. Hanbyul sat at the same place, facing Minzy who was busy continuing her reading.


"Aren't you drink your coffee just a bit?"


"Why?"


"You look pale, skinny."


"You mean pathetic?"


Hanbyul get offended by the word pathetic that came out from Mary's mouth. Hanbyul released a sigh that to Minzy herself, it's sound so hurt.


"I'm sorry," Minzy said. "I'm just can't control it sometimes." Minzy then began to sip the coffee.


Hanbyul smile, realizing that Minzy  had done what he had asked for.


"You still waiting for him?" Hanbyul asked again when Minzy and him sat in silence for quite few minutes. The rain kept falling down the cafe's roof and its make a kind of romantic or nostalgic sound to Hanbyul.


"I still didn't lose hope."


"It's been 10 years."


"Only a decade, Hanbyul. It doesn't make a big deal to me."


"I just hope that you didn't rely on someone who doesn't really care about you."


"Did you read this book?"


Hanbyul chuckled. It's funny to see Mary's 'unbelievable' face when she held up the book a bit high to show to Hanbyul the book that had been her new friend. Hanbyul finished up his laugh and nodded.


"It's a good book. And I just hope that you didn't make it as your friend."


"I have you,"


"But you don't really see me."


"What do you mean? I love you. You understand me."


"So why did you keep on waiting to someone that doesn't understand your solitude?"


"I've said to you before, I didn't lose hope."


"To you, it's always rain on your life. I've been your umbrella for long time but you yourself doesn't want to be under the same umbrella with me."


"Enough, Hanbyul." Minzy started sobbing. When listening to Hanbyul's word, it's like her heart thorn into thousands pieces. Hanbyul never been like this to her.


"I hope you could roar as loud as lion."  Hanbyul stated. He bend his back and got his face near Mary's body.


"Because I'm hoping that you could be like lion," he continued.


"Lion?" Minzy seems interested in Hanbyul's words.


"It proud to be itself."


"I'm proud of myself, Hanbyul."


"No you're not."


Minzy stares at the vacantly at the cafe. Her mind, the memories kept going through her mind again.


How she ended up being what she is now.


How she ended up meeting Hanbyul and making this man stayed the longest in her life. Hanbyul came into her life when she was totally in disguise.Ways before the one that she waits until today left her without she knowing what she had done.


"Today's the day that I've met you exactly 10 years." Hanbyul said proudly.


On the other side, Minzy doesn't seems excited like he way Hanbyul was. "How time flies,"


Hanbyul got up. At first Minzy thought that he was angry but when she saw a customer came into the cafe, Minzy knew that Hanbyul had to deal with him. Minzy let Hanbyul doing his work, while she took out her phone, looking at a photo.


The one that she waits until today.


Hanbyul didn't came back but he sat at the bar, wiping the goblets. Minzy thought he was mad because looking at his face, Minzy knew that she had said something that made Hanbyul turned angry.


Minzy stood up, trying to persuade Hanbyul, or making her feel even better. But, she stopped in front of her couch when she realized one figure.


The one that she waits for a long time.


The one she longs for a decade.


Minzy was hesitated to approach him as Hanbyul had already dealing with him, taking his order at the bar. Hanbyul saw Mary's shocking face while he was taking order from the man that walks into the cafe.


"Sorry, but may I ask you something?" Hanbyul turned when he heard Mary's voice was near to him. as expected Minzy had already stood in front of the man who was waiting for his brew coffee and sandwiches that Hanbyul tried to make as soon as possible.


Hanbyul saw the man's face. It's obviously dark when he faced the nervously Mary. Minzy stood in front of him and nervously holding both of her hands. Hanbyul cold see cold sweats formed on her forehead. 


"Remember me, Himchan?" Minzy said, after had summoned some courage from Hanbyul's. 


Himchan, the long lost best-boy-friend that she had waited him for a decade smirked. Minzy couldn't translate it what was the smirked for.


"You still alive?" He inquired. Sounds so cynical in Hanbyul's ear.


"How are you?" 


"Is that what you ask me after you met me in ten years?" 


"I've wait for you since that day."


Himchan took off his shades and put it in his pocket. "But to me you've died since that day," 


"Is this my coffee done sir?" He continued and face Hanbyul. Hanbyul was about to explode when he saw the way Himchan treated Mary. He gave a paper bag,filled with brewed coffee, hash browns and apple pie that Himchan had ordered. Himchan pays, then quickly walked away to the front door.


"Wait!" Minzy was way faster than him. She had already stood in front of Himchan, preventing him to go before she want to say everything she had kept for decade. 


"Oh please," Himchan sighed and chuckled as he found this situation was way too funny. 


"Himchan please," Minzy begged. "Listen to me," 


Hanbyul tried to get Minzy but Minzy noticed it earlier. "No Hanbyul, stay there."


Minzy then turned to Himchan again, giving a face that begged Himchan to stay and listen to her.


"I'm in a jiffy. So can you go away?" Himchan then turned to Hanbyul as he got no answer from Mary. "Bro,is this cafe has back door?"


"Himchan," Minzy began. "I'm sorry for what I've done to you. I tried to call you, find you but there's no hope. I waited for you for 10 years just to beg an apologize from you?" 


"Sounds easy to you, y." Himchan cursed and that's what make Hanbyul go bananas and Minzy sobbed even harder.


"And I'm sorry for your lost," Minzy sobbed so hard and makes her difficult to say each words. Himchan felt so uncomfortable in this situation. He wanted to go out before he cursed in front of him even more.


"I don't need that sorry." 


Hanbyul couldn't stand to be a coward next to them. Hanbyul grabbed Mary's hand and gave her a look to stop all this.


Minzy was struggling to let go of her hand but Hanbyul way to strong than her. 


"Enough!" He barked. Minzy froze when he heard a loud, husky and rough voice came out from Hanbyul. 


"Enough," Hanbyul said breathlessly. "You shouldn't hang on to someone who doesn't want you." 


Minzy looked at Himchan again. Himchan saw the way Minzy looked at him and looked away.


"I love you," At last, Minzy spitted out the most hard sentence that he kept for herself for years. Himchan was taken back with that sentence but he kept it cool. 


"Disgusting," A short respond from Himchan that can make Minzy burst into tears once again.


Himchan turned to Hanbyul who was holding Minzy tightly. "Hold her bro. I need to go."


Minzy couldn't let the chance get away once again. With all her effort and her determination, Minzy snapped her hand as hard as she could when Hanbyul was engrossed to see Himchan walked out of the cafe.


Hanbyul ran when Minzy was already ahead of him. Although Minzy ran so hard but Hanbyul was sure enough that Minzy couldn't catch Himchan when that man had already hopped on his jaguar and speed up. 


Minzy kneel on the cold road, crying on what had happened just now. She barked, jerked off and cursing alone. People who were walking nearby looked at her with many reaction. Hanbyul couldn't stand when he heard some of them and assumed her to be so pathetic.


Frankly, Hanbyul's really think Minzy was pathetic.


"Mary," He called with a gently voice, hoping that Minzy can got up and followed him to the cafe again.


"It's cold, let's go." Minzy just burst into tears again, and even louder. She got up, and started to hit Hanbyul on his chest many times.


As for Hanbyul, he just let Minzy hit him as much as she wants to.


"It's all your fault!" Minzy barked and people were now eyed on them. Hanbyul's face turned red and he was trying so hard to endure his anger towards Mary, the one that he love for the rest of ten years they've been together.


"Mary, listen." Hanbyul grabbed her hand again and faced her. "Enough, okay? Can't you see he doesn't want you anymore? Love the people who wants you," 


"I've been for you but why can't you appreciate me like the way you appreciate Adam? Why you must to hold onto someone who wants to go?"


"Mary, please I'm here, can't you see?." 


"Shut up!" Minzy escaped and run to the middle of the road. Hanbyul looked at his left when a lady pointed him that way. Hanbyul was so shocked when he finds a lorry was coming away towards Mary.


"Mary!" He shouted and started to run. Hanbyul doesn't care. 


Minzy heard a loud noise of honk. She just wanted to end her life. 


Himchan doesn't wants her. Himchan doesn't forgive her. 


She lost both of her parents on the early of this year.


She's lonely and she couldn't bare it anymore.


She felt her body being pushed away. She closed her eyes, hoping the death that waits for her wouldn't be that painful. 

She heard a loud bang sound but then, she opened her eyes again.


"I didn't die?" she said to herself and started to see her surrounding. There's many people swarmed at the road. She saw the lorry was already stranded on the road. There's massive accident happened in front of her eyes.


Then she realized one thing. "Where's Hanbyul?" 


She got up even her knee felt a very sharp pain from the bone to the skins. 


Then she saw Hanbyul was lying on the road, covered with bloods. 


One thing she could do is crying and screaming. She dashed into people, hugged Hanbyul tightly into her arms and begging Hanbyul to wake up.


"Don't sleep, don't sleep!" She screamed as she saw Hanbyul was opened half of his eyes. She could feel Hanbyul's breath but it's way weaker than usual.


"Don't leave me alone, please." 


"Hanbyul, I'm sorry."


"Wake up please."


But then, Hanbyul didn’t  listened to him as always, as Hanbyul had done for the rest of ten years.


She ordered Hanbyul but the man can't do what she wanted to. 


Hanbyul left her, all alone.

 

"Don't chase too far. Sometimes the one that you want to, is so near. And sometimes, God just make you blind to see them, just to test you who would be so loyal to you. And He gives you sign, to open up your heart to find them."