CHAPTER I

Uncommitted

"Yah! Come back here Byun Mihyun!"

Mihyun laughed as she skidded down the hall with her brother's cellphone in hand, sending embarrassing text messages to his girlfriend in the process.

It was a typical morning in the Byun household. Mihyun had gone into Baekhyun's room to see if she could borrow his pencil crayons for school when she spotted Baekhyun's cellphone, his inbox still open to his conversation with his girlfriend. Not wanting to miss out on an opportunity like this, she started sending the most embarrassing and cheesy text messages she could come up with coupled with missy face emojis. When she had sent her 6th text and Baekhyun's girlfriend had started wondering if he had hit his head on something, Baekhyun came back from the washroom.

And that's how Mihyun ended up running through the halls of her house and down the stairs. When she got into the kitchen, she spotted her dad and immediately hid behind him. "Appa! Baek-oppa's being mean!" She exclaimed, laughing at her brother's unamused face.

"Am not!" Baekhyun protested, trying to grab his phone, "Mihyun's just being annoying and won't give my phone back."

"Mihyunnie, give Baekhyun his phone back." Their father said, not even looking up from the report he was typing up.

Mihyun stuck out her tongue before handing over the phone. "Soora unnie thinks you hit your head."

With that she walked away to retrieve her backpack from her room. Before she could actually climb up the stairs, she heard Baekhyun suddenly yell, "YAH", making her sprint up the stairs.

---

"Man, first day of school and Soora thinks I'm mental." Baekhyun sighed before glaring at his sister, "Thanks, Mi."

Mihyun shrugged. "What are siblings for."

The two were currently on their way to school, snacking on ice cream cones on the way there. Despite all if the commotion and embarrassment Mihyun had ensued, Baekhyun loved his sister no matter what and would always walk Mihyun to school. Mihyun smiled fondly at her old school when they walked past it. She could see where Baekhyun would always be waiting for her, where she made her first (and sadly, last) friend, and so many more memories.

"Hey, be happy Mihyunnie, you'll definitely make another friend." Baekhyun said, nudging her.

Mihyun smiled at her brother. "Thanks, oppa. Hopefully I do."

Mihyun's one and only friend had moved to the United States when they had started middle school. Being a really shy person outside of her home, Mihyun couldn't find it in her to try and make more friends. Plus, a lot of the girls didn't like the fact that a lot of the boys liked Mihyun. She was honestly one of the prettiest girls a boy could possibly dream about. Baekhyun could vouch for her if needed.

"Hyung!" Mihyun froze at the sound of that very familiar voice. Baekhyun looked at her sister worriedly before smiling and turning around to wave at his best friend.

"Oh! Sehun-ah!"

---

Mihyun was very ridged the whole way to school as Baekhyun and Sehun were animatedly talking. You see, ever since Mihyun could remember! she has had the biggest crush on her neighbour and Baekhyun's best friend, Oh Sehun. Baekhyun obviously knew about it just by the looks she would give Sehun every time he would come over to play or do homework. The siblings talked about it a lot too. Baekhyun didn't tell her, but he was strongly against her feelings for Sehun. The younger boy may be his best friend but Mihyun didn't know the reputation Sehun had with girls.

Sehun has never once accepted a confession in his whole life and does not plan to until he's done university. Because of this, Sehun often went around flirting with girls and going on dates but he didn't want anything serious to happen until he finished school. Baekhyun was worried that Mihyun would end up as one of Sehun's flings with the way her infatuation was going. Of course, Sehun was a gentlemen and was always kind. He just wasn't serious when he flirted with a girl.

But that was probably what worried Baekhyun the most.

His sister was really soft and weak at heart so he didn't know how she would take it if Sehun dumped her and left her when she finally confessed.

Baekhyun looked over at Mihyun and they met eyes. Mihyun immediately blushed when he saw the knowing look in her brother's eyes and turned away.

Baekhyun abruptly stopped.

"Aish! You're too cute for your own good!" He exclaimed before crushing her in a hug. Being adorably short (Baekhyun's words, not her's) Mihyun only went up to Baekhyun's shoulder. Mihyun turned even more red when she heard Sehun begin to laugh. "Yah, hyung, you're crushing her!"

"Go away Sehuh. My sister is being really cute and I don't want you falling for her." Mihyun's eyes widened and she got out of Baekhyun's vice grip, her face an adorable shade of red.

"Yah oppa! You're so embarrassing!" With that, she hurriedly walked away, Baekhyun at her side and cooing at her red face.

Unbeknownst to them, Sehun was staring at the siblings with a very amused smile. Unconsciously, his gaze shifted over to Baekhyun's sister, his heart beating at a strange pace.

Byun Mihyun, huh? Sehun thought before running to catch up to the siblings.