03

She's A Fantasy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally Jihyun and Sungyeol reached the Drama Club’s table, where six other students were already there, about to eat their lunch.

“Guys, this is Nam Jihyun. She’s new here. And she likes to act.” Sungyeol introduced her to his friends. He pointed to a guy with prominent biceps and an adorable smile. “This is Lee Howon —”

“But you can call me Hoya,” Lee Howon winked impishly.

“— and next to him is Hyuna, Jessica, Taeyeon, Inguk, Chanyeol and Eunji,” Sungyeol went on, rolling his eyes at his friend who grinned. “This is everyone in the Drama Club, minus the directors, that is.”

Jihyun bowed politely. “Nice to meet you, please take care of me.”

The girl named Eunji patted on an empty space next to her, indicating for her to sit down. “Have a sit, no need to be formal with us,” she smiled warmly and Jihyun sat down next to her while Sungyeol sat down after.

Friendly, Jihyun deducted from this group.

Hyuna giggled, flashing the girl a warm smile. “Another girl with the name ‘Hyun’,” she said. “Maybe you can join the ‘Hyun Club’.”

Confusion clouded Jihyun’s pretty eyes. “The ‘Hyun Club’?” she repeated. She looked at Sungyeol for help.

He just shrugged.

Inguk chortled and shook his head. “Hyuna and two other girls have ‘Hyun’ in their names so they call themselves ‘The Hyun Club’ while the rest of us had been trying to get them to change their names to ‘Hyun Cube’.” He snickered.

Jihyun burst out laughing and Sungyeol could’ve sworn they sounded like bells chiming sweetly. “So if it’s two Hyun’s, then it’ll be Hyun Squared?” she quipped.

“Man, I like this girl already,” Chanyeol spoke up, giving her a high-five from across the table. “She has a good humor and fast wit.”

“Who are the other Hyun’s?” Jihyun wanted to know.

“One of them is Sohyun, she’s the librarian’s assistant,” Hyuna informed her, flipping her hair back to wipe the sweat. “She’s a year younger than me.”

“The other would Nam Hyunyoung,” Jessica chimed in.

“My sister?”

“Wait, wait, Hyunyoung’s your sister? As Nam Hyunyoung, the Head Photographer from the school's magazine committee?” Chanyeol sat up straighter, his eyes going wide with shock by the news. “Whoa!”

“Well, no wonder,” Taeyeon said, studying Jihyun properly with her huge eyes, nodding like she had realized something. “You two share the same surname and you two look alike if you see it in a different angle.”

Hmm, they know my sister too.

“Can I ask a question?”

“Sure,” Inguk nodded.

“Is my sister popular in school?”

“To be honest, Jihyun, there’s no popular crowd in school,” Sungyeol spoke up after staying silent for awhile. He nibbled on his sandwich and shrugged. “But everyone in school will know your name if you hold some sort of title, and your sister holds the title of the Head of Photography in the school’s magazine. So of course people would know her. Just like how they know me as the Head of the Drama Club, and Lee Sungjong, your sister’s best friend, as Head of Journalism.”

Chanyeol nodded vigorously. “Her pictures are amazing,” he practically swooned. “Her team and the pictures they take — totally breathtaking. And the best part is that the effects aren’t edited, they were used from the camera. They’re one hundred percent original.” He sounded like he was a huge fan of them.

Sungyeol leaned toward her, smirking, and whispered into her ears, “Chanyeol has a slight crush on your sister so do not be surprise if he ever asks her out on a date.”

She giggled, unsurprised. Hyunyoung was beautiful.

Hoya turned his head slightly and noticed that bashful smile on Sungyeol’s face. He smirked and chuckled to himself, shaking his head. His girlfriend Eunji turned and saw what he was looking at and giggled. “He’s falling,” she whispered.

“It’s too obvious,” he laughed quietly.

“What are you two talking about?” Sungyeol whipped his head toward their direction and narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the both of them.

Hoya sat up as all eyes turned to them. He cleared his throat and smirked. “Nothing.”

“We were just wondering how your date with Hara went the other day,” Eunji laughed.

Sungyeol’s face turned into a look of horror just as Jihyun gasped, looking as though she just remembered something. “Goo Hara — my sister told me to stay away from her.”

“Wise choice,” Inguk snorted, folding his arms across his chest, her name leaving an awful taste at the tip of his tongue. “She thinks she’s so popular just because she’s the Head Cheerleader, and tries to date anyone ‘worthy of her time’ like we need to stand in line and go through an inspection before we can deem ourselves ‘worthy’.” He rolled his eyes but Jihyun somehow had an inkling that he was feeling bitter toward her for not choosing him to go on a date with but she didn’t want to assume.

Hoya patted his back and turned to Jihyun, noticing her confused expression. “Don’t mind Inguk. He just hates it when people try to mess with me, for I am his best friend.” His voice dropped, smirking. “He’s secretly gay for me.”

“Screw you,” Inguk muttered.

Jihyun blinked. “How did she, uh, mess with you?”

Eunji was the one who answered. “She knew Oppa and I like each other, but she wanted to be with him at that time, so she did everything she could to mess it all up, to prevent us from getting together.” She smiled wryly. “She even lied, telling Oppa that Inguk has a crush on me, hoping that it seems like I got in the way of his friendship or bromance or whatever.”

Inguk snorted. “She thought she was so smart but apparently she wasn’t.” He looked at Jihyun. “There’s no way I’ll ever like Eunji.” He shrugged. “She’s beautiful and yes, I love her, but she’s my cousin.”

Jihyun choked on her orange juice and Sungyeol quickly rubbed her back soothingly, slightly frowning at the others like it was their fault she choked. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter