07

Battle For Survival
"Destroy it."
"No, I was going to let them track us," Archer rolled his eyes. 
"You know I could really deal with you better if you didn't have such snide remarks."
He brought the device that was once implanted in me, towards his face where his eyes examined it. They scanned the way the peaks of the blades at the end where suppose to hook onto the muscle in my body. 
"Some ." 
When I glanced down at my injury- expecting the hole to be a couple inches deep- but to my surprise, there was no trace of the wound. It appeared as if nothing ever occurred to my leg, spotless. Maybe the blood in my body healed the wound similar to a vampires. 
"So what do we-" 
There was a disturbance in the peace. Ruckus of noise came from all four corners of the room. Archer rose a finger to his mouth, a simply gesture to stay tranquil, as he stood to examine the situation. It couldn't have been someone because the noise emitted from an animal; rodents were much of a surprise anymore. He glanced back at me and shrugged his shoulders, it must've been the rats in the walls, transporting food from a different room to their dwelling. 
"Nothing?" I inquired. "It didn't sound like much either." 
"I didn't see anything," he murmured some incoherent thoughts. 
Archer sat down in front of the fire, bringing his hands close to gather warmth. We wouldn't stay here for long, there was no way. In this room, there was no kitchen that could've aided us with cans of perishables, nor a bed to strip the sheets off. It was vacant and useless, but maybe if we head down this way again, just as a pit stop, we could make great use; that's if we ever survive in the future. 
Mass warmth surrounded me just as my eyelids were heavy with desired sleep, I curled in a ball. My mind went blank while sleep captivated me, maybe if I close my eyes tight enough, I could return home to a blooming garden that greeted me with leaves my arms as the wind carried them, I could thrive on grounds before the corruption. A better place where life was worth living.