001

The Kingdom of Exist

Kingdom of Exist 001: Minseok, OC

 

Minseok felt nauseous from the plane ride. Sure, he's been traveling country to country but he can never hide the fact that he feels sick just by seeing an airplane. Their CEO told them that they'll meet his close friend but he feels as if no one's going to pick them up. Judging from the emptiness of the airport and the silence of their surroundings.

"Minseok-ah, you look sick. Seriously, don't hold it in anymore. Let's go to the cr." Luhan said then grabbed Minseok by his wrist, not looking back to tell the other members where they're going. 

He followed Luhan's instructions of not holding it in anymore. Luhan said he'll go get Minseok's medicines, toothpaste and toothbrush. Minseok somehow felt relieved after Luhan left him; it's embarrassing to be watched as you vomit. 

"Did you tell them?" He asked when he saw Luhan's figure by the door. Luhan shook his head while frowning. "I'll be fine." He says as he took his medicines from Luhan's hands.

Luhan smiled back when Minseok thanks him, beaming brightly. He's never told anyone except Luhan and their manager about his nausea, he doesn't want to be a worrisome to the members, they've been through a lot. The last thing they need was to worry about a nauseatic hyung.

"But they were worried about you. It's a relief they didn't see me taking your medicines or else you'll get caught." Minseok chuckled as he sees Luhan's worried look in the mirror. He kept his personal supplies and they walked out of the rest room side by side. 

He simply nodded and smiled. "I'm fine. I just got a little dizzy, that's it." After awhile, he asks, "Did CEO-nim or manager-nim call you, guys?" 

"Yeah, they told us to wait for five more minutes and our ride's going to be here." Yifan replied while showing him his phone. Minseok can't help but smile at Yifan's wallpaper. He might look cold but he does love s. 

Minseok then offers to take a picture of the two people struggling for a position for their selca. Baekhyun laughed embarrassingly while slapping Chanyeol's arm. The both of them can't stop laughing while doing their best to put their half heart-shaped hands together. Minseok secretly takes a stolen picture and made them pose for a final photo. 

He watched as his dongsaengs almost pissed themselves from laughing because of their stolen picture. "Thank you, hyung! We'll keep this." Baekhyun says as he wipes a tear off his eye. 

After ten minutes, a limo appeared in front of them. None of them said a word until a middle aged man went out of the luxurious car. "SM's kids, right?" All of them nodded, "Please get in, and we'll talk while we're on our way." 

The man looks nothing like a bodyguard, Minseok thought, removing the possibility of him being their bodyguard. "Where are we going?" Kyungsoo asks confidently, just like the way he talks to their CEO. He may be small and squishy but he's the manliest person Minseok has ever known. 

"To the Kingdom. Oh and by the way, if you have your phones with you, you can browse the internet for some informations about this country so that you'll be aware of where you are right now. This limo has a free wifi, so go on." Though he tried to look and sound friendly, the makne lines can't help but flinch, as what Minseok had noticed. 

"I'm sorry but what country is this?" Kyungsoo asks again and the man's gaze became softer than before. 

"It's called Exist. It's never featured in the top news or whatsoever, but it's a great country." The obedient kids tapped on their phones like there's no tomorrow. Tao gasped as he takes a closer look at his phone then to the man in front of them. "Yes kid, I discovered this country and now I own it." 

The kids couldn't help but throw comments at him like, 'How?' 'Cool!' 'So the kingdom...' 'Adopt me!' 'I love you sir.' The man whom they didn't ask for the name yet, chuckled as he puts his index finger on his lips, making them silent. The noise dissolved as he spoke. 

"I did it for my daughter. We're really poor before, we only eat once a day, but with my hard work, I did it. For my daughter." He smiled, "And yeah, you're the very first outsiders to come and visit my kingdom. You'll meet your bodyguard there." Finally, Minseok's silent question has been answered. 

When the limo stopped and the doors opened, the one who owned the country said, "Call me Mr Kwon, please enjoy your stay." Surprisingly, Mr Kwon didn't go along with them, but instead a girl wearing a simple sweater and pants did. 

She doesn't say anything unless she introduces EXO the different places of the kingdom. Her voice was soothing but cold at the same time. "And this is your home for two months." She pushed the gates, revealing an extravagant garden with their favorite plants or trees in it. There was also a pool at the dead end of the place. 

"This place is awesome! Just look at this! It's my favorite tree!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he touched the oak tree. Minseok also found a cherry blossom tree beside the oak tree. 

Minseok never told anyone his favorite tree; it might be a coincidence after all. The cold girl clapped her hands to get their attention before speaking, "My name is Alcea, just call me Aly. I'm 20 years old. It's a pleasure to meet you all. I hope we'll have a great time together." 

Sehun choked on his strawberry flavoured milk and almost spat it at Jongin's face. "What do you mean together?" 

"I'm going to be your bodyguard for two months." 


"Did I say something wrong? Why are your jaws dropped? If you're against it, you won't be able to do anything anymore." I said confidently although I know that my heart is beating a lot faster than usual. I just hope no one would hear it. 

So this is how I react when I see my idols, huh? I promised my dad I would be happiest when I met them, but why can I not smile? Although I can feel myself screaming from the inside, I can't smile. You still have two months with them to give yourself a reason to smile, Alcea, calm down! 

I noticed that none of them are talking so I cleared my throat, "If you can't see me as your bodyguard, then I'm willing to be entitled as a manager." I put smileys on twitter, why can't I put one on my face? 

"Hyung! I can't think of business anymore! She's of the same age as us! What if I fall in love because I couldn't think of her as our manager or bodyguard? Hyung, help!" 

"Mother of pizza, you're so blunt, Zitao. You're embarrassing us!" Alcea, calm down, this is not the time to panic. Isn't this your long life dream? It's right in front of you, you're about to reach it. The once unreachable star you've been longing to reach is right in front of you, gosh. He's right in front of you.

"We are ONE! Hello, we are EXO!" 


Fudge! This isn't going to be easy for me. Like seriously, Alcea, why aren't you smiling? Is that cold face of yours permanent? How is this even possible? I curse my cat for dying and making me miserable. 

"Are you a fan?" I nodded like it wasn't actually a big deal, but deep inside it is. "You already know all of us?" I nodded once again and slowly walked towards the small mansion's door. 

"If any of you lost your keys, there's a spare key under this carpet, but before you can get it, you'll need to show an easy proof that you're from EXO. Like singing or rapping, so that our machines will be able to determine who's trying to get it." 

I was trembling because they're so close. He's so close. I don't even know why I'm acting like this as if everything's okay, like everything's real calm but it's not! I'm so cold to them, I can't even force a smile. 

Am I not happy? No, that shouldn't be it. This is so unnatural. Am I hiding something from them? No, I told them I was a fan, that was it. As usual, they're ruining my life! In a positive way, though. 

"That's pretty much it. If you need anything, this is my room." I said pointing to a specific door. "And if you're going out, even if you're alone, I'll go with you." 

"I don't get it, Aly-ssi. Why do we need a bodyguard if we're the only outsiders here?" As expected, from a smart vocalist, Baekhyun. He might have been suspicious since we met. Firstly, I'm a girl, second, there are no harmful stuffs in this country, why would they need someone to protect them? 

Third, this is their vacation why would they need someone to fix the schedule? Fourth, I told them I was a fan, what if they thought of me as a sasaeng? If I were him, I'd probably suspect this girl, as well. "You might be lost." 

He nodded then smiled, "Okay! I guess we all need rest for now. We'll see you when we wake up!" He was the first to go upstairs to his room followed by the other members. 

Before I could get into my room as well, their leader puts himself on my way. "Thank you, Aly." He smiled sweetly, which made me guilty as hell because I can't smile back. Instead of forcing to do something I can't, I nodded in response and went to my room. 

I opened my laptop and opened my twitter. 

aly @shortalycantreachoppa
idk what to feel rn. 
(」゜ロ゜)」/vomits blood


I let it stay there in that page before rolling in my bed. I should probably remove all these posters before they find out. I sighed and kneeled in front of my most favorite poster, carefully removing it's stickiness to the wall. 

I gathered everything up in my bed and rolled them altogether. I kept it in my wardrobe then looked at my room again. "So plain." But it'll be okay, they're only going to stay here for two months, anyway. 

I walked towards the other door and opened it. It's my dance practice room, since my room is huge, I asked my dad to put another room in it. I keep my drumset and guitar here, too. In this room, you can only feel yourself. All you can see is your reflection, from the back, sides and front. 

I almost jumped when I heard a knock from my door. I went out of the practice room and closed its door before opening the main door. "I wanna go outside." That's all he said as he grabbed my wrist outside the small mansion.

"Let go of my hand." I said as calm as possible. He lets go of it and a small smile was planted in his face, "Where'd you wanna go, Mr Kim?" 

"Just call me Jongin oppa. Or oppa. Why are you so formal?" 

"I'm 21 in your country, thank you very much. So I'm going to call you Jongin instead of Mr Kim. Now where'd you wanna go, Jongin?" He chuckled and crossed his arms in his chest. 

"That's more like it. Hm, does this country only contain a kingdom or is it a normal country like my country?" His small eyes wanders around the whole place but disappointingly, he can only see royal stuffs. 

"Normal. We have Starbucks, malls, everything here is self-service and free." His eyes widened and that only meant one thing, he likes the normal life than the royal one. One point for Aly, zero for her father. 


if you want to talk to me, please do. ヾ(=゚・゚=)ノ i'm a little awkward but still

twitter: @kkamchief / @deokbokkai
CHAPTER ONE WORD COUNT: 2,000