Winter Reunions

In the Winter

You sat around the fire with four of your closest friends. 

Kyungil, the second oldest of the group. He was younger than Jaeho by a few months, he had entered college last year at a local dance college studying modern dance.  He also has his own dance studio in the larger local town for children. 

Dokyun, the 3rd oldest decided not to attend college but instead auditioned for Loen Entertainment and is currently a trainee there in Seoul. He takes night classes at the same university as Jaeho for music composition. He's a year younger than he and Kyungil; a freshman in college. 

Next was Sihyung, born in the same year as you, so you were both 3rd years in high school - seniors. You luckily had the same classes every year from elementary to high school until he dropped out. He had decided to become a model. He was so good-looking, it wasn't hard for him to find an agency in Seoul. He takes classes there until he can take a test for a GED. 

Last, the maknae Yijeong, a second year in high school. He, being the last of the group in high school with you, is the one you're closest with at the moment. Two years ago, he always felt like an outsider, being the only one in middle school when you entered high school and Jaeho and Kyungil were third years. You eat lunch together everyday, despite all the threats you get from female classmates who think you're dating, despite your constant denying it. 

The five of you sat around the fire, reminiscing. 

You broke the conversation suddenly. "Do you think that Jaeho will come home this year?" You asked them. He, being busy with university as a freshman last year, didn't come home for Christmas- in fact, he hasn't been home for 2 months, and when he was home, it was just for the weekend when he heard his mother was sick. He spent so much time taking care of her, the only time you had to see him was when you offered to help him. 

Sihyung laid back in his fold-up chair. "I was wondering that too."

"So was I." Added Dokyun. 

They all looked at each other. "Hmm, I wonder..." They said simultaneously.

You shot looks at all of them. "Wait! Do you know something that I don't?!" You whined. 

Their faces went blank. "No, what makes you think that?" Yijeong laughed. 

At that moment, Sihyung's phone buzzed in his pocket. He took it out and looked at it. 

"Oh, a text from my girlfriend." He said, standing up. "She said to call her. I'll be right back." He told you all as he walked out of the room. 

"Since when does Sihyung have a girlfriend?" You asked the other three.

You all kept in touch via chatrooms, text, Snapchat, and Kakao Talk, there was no way he wouldn't tell you guys about it. Especially Sihyung who loved to brag whenever he got a hot new girlfriend. Though you weren't always the best at keeping in touch, since you were all busy and since two pairs of you went to the same schools, it wasn't always necessary, but Sihyung never failed to update on his love life- including every time he got laid. Jaeho was the worst with keeping in touch- perhaps being the busiest and Dokyun was the best. He updated every time he got a glimpse of someone famous from Loen in the company building. He once got a hug from IU. 

You stood up to follow Sihyung, stopped by Kyungil who grabbed your wrist. 

"He's a handsome guys, not as handsome as me" He said under his breath. "He gets new girls faster than he can tell us about them." He said, trying to convince you not to leave the room. 

"Oppa, this is Sihyung we're talking about. He always takes the time to tell us about a new girl." You said, shaking out of his grip. You ran to the doorway, only to be stopped by Dokyun and Yijeong standing in front. 

"Wait. We haven't gotten any time to talk about how you're doing ______." Dokyun said. "I was lucky enough to get some time off from training to come here for Christmas. I'm not even getting New Year's off. Just stay here and chat with us."

"Yeah, noona." Yijeong added. 

"Jeongie, we go to the same school, you know everything about my life." You scoffed. 

"No, not about classes. You're a grade above me, I don't know anything about the senior's classes or drama. You know how much of a gossip-lover I am!" 

"What are you guys hiding?" You questioned. 

"Nothing." They all replied, again at the same time. 

"Uh huh, that's not suspicious at all." You laughed. "Move or I kick you." You threatened. 

"Oooh, so scared." Yijeong taunted sarcastically. 

"In your favorite place." You smirked. 

"Bet you won't." Dokyun chuckled. 

You brought your leg back, earning a worried look from the two. You brought it down fast, stopping right before you hit Yijeong's crotch. The both of them jumped out of the way, leaving the doorway clear. You ran out of the farm shed where you were had the campfire contained. You ran until you saw Sihyung, still talking on the phone. As stealthily as possible, you ran up behind him and leaped for his back, grabbing him form behind his waist, this tackling him to the floor. His cellphone flew out of his hand and his body hit the bare ground. 

"What is it?!" You yelled playfully.

"What is what?" A familiar voice asked from inches away. 

You looked up.

Jaeho, holding his cellphone in his hand, looked back at you, sitting on top of Sihyung who was coughing below your legs. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I know that Jaeho is not the oldest in the group. Other than Jaeho actually being the second youngest, the age order is right. Also, I am using the Junior/ Senior High system like they do in Korean and everywhere except the U.S. ie. 3 years of high school, 3 years of middle school.)

I hope you all enjoyed that. I'd appreciate any comments. I love hearing feedcak from my readers, to see if this story is even worth writing. 

I'm going through some stuff right now, so this makes me feel better to let it all out here (this is not my situation btw). So, expect to be around for the long-haul. Thank you so much for reading. I am truly grateful. Enjoy~

P.S. these will be  short chapters, unlike my usual which is medium length. I'll be chaning chapters with each subject that's going on. You'll get use to it. ^_^