The Return of the Chubby Cheek Boy

Love Over Friendship

Nichkhun sat there brain dead, while also daydreaming through one of Mr. Park's lectures on statistics.

"Well that wraps everything up for today, go home and study for Friday's test."

All the students groaned in agony because they knew none of the things Mr. Park discussed wasn't even going to be on the test. As I was gathering my stuff together, I felt my pocket ring.
Put your hands up, put your hands up!
When I open it, there was a call from a familiar voice.

I answered, "Yobosayo!”

"Hey, it's Woo! Long time no talk!"

My heart dropped. I couldn't believe it! This voice, the seductive voice that put me in a trance that I could never resist. The blonde, spiky haired boy that I pictured with the chipmunk cheeks with rosey dots that I haven't seen in three years.
It was Jang Wooyoung.
The guy I fell in love with, and the one who broke my heart.

"Hello? Hello! Khun, are you there?" Came a frantic voice from the other end of the line.

"Oh, hey, hyung, what's up?’' I said with a too-chipper voice.

"Nothing much. I moved back to Seoul for good."

"Thats good." I replied.

" I haven't been out since I've got back, so would you like to go out tonight?" Wooyoung asks.

My eyes widened after I heard those words.
I hesitated.

"Umm, okay. Where do you want to meet?" I asked with a shaky voice.

"Hmm,” He pondered for a minute, then spoke confidently. “Meet me at the cafe we use to go to all the time when we were freshman."
"Araso, annyeong."
The phone went silent.
My brain was scrambled. I can't believe that I heard that voice. The voice I thought I would never hear again. I can't believe it was Woo after all these years. The guy who once held the key to my heart, but also the one who shattered it.
I gathered my things together and got up from the desk. As I walked towards the door, there was a familiar voice yelling at me.

"Hey, wait up!" A tired voice bellowed as it came toward me.

It was my all time best friend, Suzy. The one who knows all my deep, dark secrets. The one who’s like my little sister, and the one who helped me through it all when I went through my depression and heart break.

"Oppa, where are you going?" Suzy asks.

"Just going to this cafe." I replied hesitantly.

"Oh, are you going on a date with a girl?" She asked with a high, confused brow.

"Um, no but I am meeting someone there."

"WHO?" She screams. And I wanted to groan because Suzy could just be so loud sometimes!

"Shhh," I hushed, trying to keep her big mouth shut.

"Wooyung." I whispered..

Her eyes then widened, "The guy you use to date a long time ago." She says, rather than asking.

"Yeah." I sighed. Saying his name, my mind started drifting back to that certain day. that day when...

 

"Hey, we...need to talk."

When I heard those words, I started to panic! I felt like my world ended and there was no hope at all.

 

Suzy starts to shake me like crazy.

"Yah, did you hear me?" She screams yet again.

"What?” I blinked, looking rather confused because of the daydream I slipped into.
"Why are you meeting him?" She asks, voice laced with distress.

"He moved back to Seoul, so he asked me if we could meet up." I explained simply.

"Oh,” Suzy lets out a small breath of air and nods. “Okay.”

"Are you going to Junsu's party tonight?" She asks, dismissing the earlier subject.

"I'm not sure, maybe." I shrugged.

"Araso, Kakao me if you change your mind."

She starts to walk away once we got close to the cafe where I'm suppose to meet the spiky haired boy.
I walked in and I see him. Something tugs at my chest. He still looks the same, just maybe a little more mature, but he still has the  flawless skin and those chunky chipmunk cheeks. My heart felt like it just stopped.
I walked towards him and he looks up from the menu.

"Khun?” He looks puzzled.

"Hey, Wooyoung." I said with a crooked smile.

He gets up and quickly hugs me. My blood starts to pump a little faster and my eyes widen. Omo, he smells so good. Just like I remember.
Wooyung finally lets go.

"Oh wow.  You've gotten so handsome, it's been so long." He said with a boisterous voice.

"Yeah, three years to be exact." I replied. Not that I’m counting or anything.

"Sit down, sit down." He urges as he motions me to a chair opposite of his.

"Would you like something?" The younger asks.

"Sure.” I replied simply.

"Do you still like vanilla chai tea?" He smiled.
And so did I. Despite my somewhat stoic face, he still manages to crack me down and make me smile. Even just a little.

I can't believe he still remembers what my favorite drink is.  
He ordered for us, then we sat in a comfortable silence until the drinks came. Then that’s when the action started.
As I started to drink the tea, all of a sudden this giant started to walk towards the table. He was a pretty y fellow, if you asked me.
Jet black hair, toned body with the most giant package that was very obviously seen. Wooyoung gets up and wraps his arms around him.

"Hey, Khun, I would like you to meet my boyfriend Ok Taecyeon.” He beams, smiling widely.

I sputtered, spitting out my tea as my eyes widened like saucers.

"Omo! Gwaenchanha? Be careful its hot." He panics.

I couldn't believe it, he has a boyfriend!
After all these years, it’s like a slap to the face.
All kinds of emotions coursed through my body. I didn't know how to feel. I just knew that I wanted to just run away at that very moment.

Put your hands up, put yours hands up!
Yes, I was saved, it was Suzy!

"Yobosayo?" I answered quicker than intended.

"Oppa, have you changed your mind about going to Junsu's party?"

Thank you! This is my chance to escape!

"Oh. Yeah, how about you come pick me up from that cafe that we passed by?" I asked  in a rushed tone.

The couple across from me look toward each other, wondering who could it be.

I hung up the phone after exchanging a few more words with her, then sighed lightly.
“You’re leaving so soon?" Wooyoung said disappointedly.

"Yeah, I forgot that my friend Junsu invited me to his party." I said, cracking, (more like forcing) a small smile.

"Oh, a party! Can we come?" Taec said, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Ugh, there’s just no way for me to get out of this. I just wanted to get away from them.
I don't know what to do, but I couldn't be rude.

"Sure, why not? It would give Wooyoung-ssi and I time to catch up." I said in a sarcastic way.

Eventually Suzy came around and we were walking out of the cafe. She pulled up in her black and pink Mitsubishi Evo.

"Hey, is it okay if they ride with us to the party, Suzy-ah?"

"Sure." She looks between the two, face void of anything negative.

"Hi, My name is Jang Wooyoung and this here is my boyfriend Ok Taecyeon." He introduces, bowing respectfully.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Taecyeon bows as well.

We finally arrive at the party, the atmosphere was daebak.
Before you even walk in you could hear the loud noise banging on towards. You can hear Fantastic Baby blare through the surround sound. As we walk, there are lights flashing, people dancing everywhere with glow sticks. Drinks in their hands.
Just being care-free. Like I wished I could be at the moment.
It wasn't my type of atmosphere, but I didn't want Suzy to go by herself. Well, besides me trying to escape Wooyoung and the abominable giant Taecyeon.

"Hey, Nickhun, glad you can make it!"

Walking towards me was Kim Junsu, The Diva which he like to be called. He was that one who showed everyone up on the latest fashion because his parents are the top notch owners of multiple fashion companies. He was the the guy and girl everyone tried to get their hands on, but none of them were up to his standards.
Underneath all the flashy clothes and attitude,he was on of my best friends since we were high school freshman.

"Yeah, man, you know I couldn't have disappointed you!" I smiled while exchanging handshakes and a quick bro hug with him.

He looks over and sees the familiar spikey haired, chubby-cheeked boy behind me.

"Jang Wooyoung, is that you?" Junsu grins, putting his hands on his hips as he looks over the familiar face.

"Yep. It’s me. I just moved back to Seoul not to long ago." He says, exchanging handshakes with him.
"Wow. It's been a long time. What, it’s been like, three years?" He grins more.

"Yes, indeed. That seems about right." Wooyoung nods.

Then something caught the corner of Junsu's eye. Of course, how could he miss it?

"And who is Mr. Tall, Tan, and y?" He asks, giving Wooyoung’s boyfriend a very thorough once-over.

"Uh, this is my boyfriend.” One couldn’t miss Wooyoungs hawk eyes. Only Junsu, being too busy drinking in the sight of said boyfriend. But after hearing that, his whole stance change. He scrunches his face up, then shrugs.

"Oh, Sorry. I don't mess with kept men, either way."

Wooyoung says, "Its okay." then smile, dismissing the subject.

"Well enjoy the party, drink, smoke, dance, hell, get in’ wasted! I don't care what you do." He yells, as if the music had gotten ten times louder. He chuckles he disappears into the crowd.

Something caught my eye though, I didn't like the way the giant was looking at Junsu as he walked away, he looked at him as if he was a piece of meat ready to be served for an entree.

"Taecyeon!” Wooyoung yells over the loud music. "Lets go get some drinks."

Suzy goes dancing off in the crowd with some guy who I believed was Kai in a lower grade than me in school. Wooyoung tugs my hand.

"Khun,” He half coos. “Come on, let's go have a drink together!"

"Um, I don't drink." I said rather lamely.

"Come on, just one drink!" He pouted as he showed me those beautiful brown eyes in puppy dog form.
The damn aegyo. I couldn’t say no to the damn aegyo.

"Well, okay,” I gave in, cracking another smile. “Just one though. Chances are I’ll have to take care of Suzy if she gets too carried away again." I resigned, sighing.

Six shots later.

"You know,” Wooyoung slurred. “You're just so darn cute." He cooed, pinching Taecyeon’s cheek.
"I think you've had enough." His boyfriend interjects, trying to pry the shot glass away from his boyfriend in his drunken stupor.

All of a sudden, the giant feels his cell phone vibrate in his pocket.
He took a peek out it, then nodded surreptitiously to himself.
“I'm going to go to the restroom really quick. Can you keep an eye on him while I’m gone?" He asks me.

"Uh, sure." I replied, shrugging.

"You know, Khun,” Wooyoung pauses and takes another shot, then shakes his head and looks straight to me. “I miss those days when you used to take care of me all the time. You were just so sweet."

Short of oxygen, smiling slightly, I nodded and stirred my sweet-tart. "Yeah, what are friends for." I said, sort of solemnly.

"No, Khun, we were more than friends, and I messed that up, just because I was too afraid." If Wooyoung had the strength, he looked like he would have slammed his fist down. He was angry.
There it goes. Those emotions. Danger signs were flashing in the back of my mind, DANGER DANGER. Big, red flashing signs. Those emotions were coming back. I stared off to space and just...felt. I felt the emotions...

 

"Hey, we need to talk."
“What's wrong?’’ I ask with a worried voice.

"I can't do this!” He bursts. He says pointing between us.

"This isn't right. We need to just stay friends." He coldly turns around without looking back.
What....

"I don't feel too well." Is all I hear while coming back to reality.

All of a sudden barf was everywhere. Wooyoung had drunk too much.

"Omo! Not my new jeans!" I cried.

"I'm so sorry, hyung, let me clean that up!" Wooyoung sways, trying his best to clean up the mess, but only making it worse.

"It's okay, Woo,” I sigh, pushing him away a little and standing up. “Let me go clean up and I will bring you some napkins." I say.
I then started walking to the bathroom, mumbling to myself, "I hope this comes out."
As I walk in, I couldn’t believe myself, I swear my body could have went into cardiac arrest.
It was the giant (now douche of a boyfriend) Taecyeon making out with some random guy I had never seen before. I quickly ran out the bathroom, hoping no one saw him.

I think to myself, "How could he do this, especially to Wooyoung, HIS OWN BOYFRIEND!" I mentally raged.

"That jerk. I should go kill him for cheating on my Woo-baby." I said, obviously too deep in thought.

"Did I just say my woo baby!?" I shake my head. I thought that pet-name was long gone, buried in the back of my head and heart, but I guess not.
I was approaching the table where my ex was hungover so I recollected myself and plastered a small smile.

"Hey, where's the napkins?” He asked.

"I'm sorry, they ran out" I sputtered.

"Gwaenchanha? You look like you've seen a ghost."  Wooyoung slurs.

"Yeah, I'm fine are you okay?" I asked, rather worriedly.

"I'm fine. My...stomach is just a little upset, maybe it's time for me to go home." Wooyoung  suggest. And that was the smartest thing he’s said all night.

Taecyeon returns to the table as if nothing ever happened.

"Took you a pretty good while in the bathroom, buddy!" I grinned.

"Yeah, t-there was a long line to the bathroom." He stutters.

"Hey, Taec can you call a cab so we can go home? It's getting pretty late."

"Sure babe, and I can do that." He smiles, and what a charming smile it was, I hated to admit.
Sooner or later, after watching the couple warily, the cab arrives and I them out to it.

"I had a really good time, besides the throwing up on you part, which I am really sorry about." Wooyoung's says while stumbling, trying to get into the cab.

"It's okay, I enjoyed seeing you." I replied, smiling.

Then my smile crumbled upon seeing Wooyoung’s dirty boyfriend.

"Nice meeting you, man." The giant said with his great white teethy smile.

As the giant was pulling him into the a bro hug, he whispers something into my ear.

"If you tell Wooyoung what you saw in the bathroom, I will kill you." He threatened, deep, baritone voice laced with seriousness.

My eyes widened because - I never thought that anyone, especially Taecyeon saw him!

"Yeah, you too!" I chuckled nervously, waving.
I closed the cab doors and waved them off.

", now what should I do!" I cried, let my arms fall hopelessly to my sides.

"Should I tell Woo or should I not?" I thought.

"I don't want to see him hurt." There was a little devil on my shoulder, and on the other was an angel.

But the threat that Taecyeon made keeps echoing through my mind just like that one day. The day my heart shattered.


_______

Hey, guys! So, did you like it?
Feedback is motivation, so let me know what you think! Critisism is greatly appreciated. ^^
'Til next time~