The Meeting

The Story That Just Began...

4:00 PM, same day

 

Nazia drags along two giant suitcases behind her, while trying to match the address on a little piece of paper to one of the buildings around her.

 

“Good thing I still hadn't unpacked,” She thought while grunting to carry her heavy suitcases, “But, I didn't expect mom to give in so easily...”

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

“You WHAT???” Nazia's mom yelled in *insert your language here* through the phone.

“But there's no other option mommy!” She desperately tried to convince her mother.

“No other OPTION??”

“Yeah, there's no other dorm rooms available, I looked around the neighbourhood to rent a room, but they hike up the prices so much!!! Plus with the boys, I get my internship done so I can return early!”

“But you'll be living with 6 BOYS!!!!”

“But mommy, I'll have my own room with a lock!” You hoped this will convince her. “And most of the time all of us will be with tons of other people.”

“Well.... If one tries to do something weird I guess the others will try to stop...”

“Sure mommy, as if a guy has ever tried to do or say something weird with me” Nazia said exasperatedly, cursing her own sad, non-existent love life.

“But you're my gorgeous baby! No one has the guts to ask you out because you look beautiful like your mommy!” She joked, but Nazia still wondered if it was one. Hearing her mother joke made her realize she had accepted the fact that she had to live with the boys.

Nazia laughed and replied, “So we're good with me leaving with the boys?”

She sighed and said, “I suppose so. This Beast right? The one with On Rainy Days?”

“Yes mom.” Nazia chuckled, thinking that her KPop-fangirly-ness had rubbed off on her mother too.

“You!” Her mother suddenly said, “Better keep an eye out for The one with the smile! You can't marry a foreigner!”

“Which one are you talking about?”

“Doesn't matter! Just don't fall for any of those chinks! I may have found the perfect guy for you!”

Nazia laughed at her mom's reply. She was always looking for guys to get her daughter married off to, but Nazia didn't mind, since she felt it was too much work to fall in love with someone.

“Don't worry mommy, I'm only a fangirl. Now bye, I have to get ready to move.” She replied before hanging the phone on her mother.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

“I had seriously thought she was going to come to Seoul to live with me” Nazia thought to herself as she squinted at an address on the gate of an apartment building.

“So, this is it.” She said out loud while admiring the stylish building. “They sure do get paid a lot.”

 

She pushed the gate open and walked in, stopping in front of the lobby entrance, only to realize she was never given the code to open. As she was wondering who to call, she saw Dongwoon walking towards the entrance with small plastic bag in his hand. Nazia immediately recognized him and froze in her spot.

 

“Control Nazia, control thyself” She whispered before lightly tapping him on his shoulder as he was putting in the code. “Excuse me, but you're Dongwoon, right?” She said in English.

“Another fangirl? This time it's a foreigner!” He thought to himself before simply saying, “Yes.”

“I'm your new manager” Nazia said slowly, waiting for his reaction.

“Ah, noona!” He exclaimed. “I was waiting... you.” He slowly said.

“Noona?” She thought to herself, “Do I look that old?”

“Follow, follow!” He excitedly said as he led you to the elevator. The two of them waited quietly for the elevator, Dongwoon looking at Nazia through the corner of his eyes.

 

“Yah, if she didn't have such a squeaky voice I never would've thought this was a girl.” Disappointed he kept looking at her. When noticed the two big suitcases, she was carrying he politely offered to help. “Can I help?” He said pointing at the suitcases.

 

Instead of refusing politely like normal people do, Nazia took deep breath and said, “Thank you so much!! I thought I was gonna die from carrying all this!” She shoved one of the suitcases towards him and looked at his bewildered expression, realizing that he didn't understand her since she spoke so fast and so much in English. She just giggled and stared at him, thinking of scaring them for a little while longer.

 

As Dongwoon was trying to think of an appropriate reply, the elevator door opened, and they walked in, each carrying a suitcase. The elevator ride was short and they quickly reached the apartment. Dongwoon opened the door to their apartment and entered, leading Nazia in. He said loudly, but confusedly, “Our new manager's here?” He left her suitcase that he was carrying in the middle of their messy living room and dazedly walked off, wondering how they'll manage with this foreign manager.

 

Nazia, on the other hand, didn't even notice how confused and dazed Dongwoon was, missing out on her little enjoyment. She was too shocked by the state of the apartment. There were clothes, magazines, shoes everywhere. There were even empty bottles of soda/pop under the couch. She looked at it all, horrified that she had to live here for the rest of the semester.

 

Hearing Dongwoon's voice, all the members walked out of their bedrooms one by one, except Yoseob. They all politely greeted her and wondered why she looked so shocked. She was brought back to reality as Doojoon was waving his hand in front of her face and she realized that they all were staring at her.

 

“Oh, sorry.” She said, looking at all their faces.

“She doesn't speak Korean!” Dongwoon whined all of a sudden.

Suddenly remembering the prank she was trying she looked at all of them again, but now it was their turn to be horrified. Fear of miscommunication was building inside them, when she sweetly smiled and said, “Good afternoon, my name's Nazia and I'll your new assistant manager.”

 

All hope drained from their faces as they stared at her blankly, worrying about their own future.

 

She smirked and continued, “Isn't there six of you?” She looked around, “Where's Yoseob?”

 

Hearing Yoseob's name they all looked at each other, before Kikwang left to call Yoseob from the washroom. Doojoon looked at her and asked, “You know us?”

 

“Yes, I'm a big fan of Beast!” she told them with big smile.

“Dammit! How can a fan work for us? She'll be too busy ogling us to properly do her job!” Doojoon thought angrily but didn't let it show on his face.

 

Right at that moment, Kikwang and Yoseob walked into the living. Nazia turned to look at them, and slightly stunned by Yoseob as he came in wearing a white t-shirt with grey comfortable pants. His head was wet and he was drying it with a towel, as he was clearly talking a shower. He slightly bowed as he saw her walked to stand by the guys.

 

“Now that everyone's here, let's start the introductions!” Nazia said enthusiastically.

 

The guys looked at her and started talking amongst them. They didn't bother to whisper as they thought she didn't know how to speak Korean.

“She can't speak Korean!” Dongwoon declared again.

“She said she's a fan, though.” Junhyung said hopefully.

“That's what worries me, she won't be able to do her job because of that!” Doojoon explained his worries.

“I told you it was a bad idea!” Yoseob angrily whispered, knowing that she was looking at them all.

“Yah, let's give her a chance before we say something.” Kikwang said innocently, believing in a girl he has never before.

“She doesn't even look good!” Hyunseung exclaimed.

 

They all turned to look at Nazia and sighed at the way she looked. She was wearing running shoes and jeans, both of which looked old. On top, she was wearing a baggy hoody that came down to her mid thighs, making it seem like she had no figure. To top it all off, she had her hood on and even wore thick glasses, which covered most of her face.

 

Nazia just sighed and continued speaking as she realized they were looking at her, in Korean.

“Annyeonghaseyo, my name's Nazia. I come from Canada, but I was originally born in *insert you country here.* I speak *insert your language here,* English and Korean. I have a bit of trouble with Korean but it's understandable. I also slightly know French and Japanese, but not much.”

 

At this point they were looking at her open mouthed, amazed at her Korean and embarrassed by what they had just said.

 

She continued, “Even though, I listen to your songs and like you guys as an idol group, I have no intention of letting it interfere with my work. Also I do realize that I will be cleaning this place” She looked around the room and sighed, “and cooking for you, but I do need your help in the beginning so I know exactly what has to be done. I have never cooked Korean food so at first it might not taste as well. Also...” She thought what more needed to be said. “Ah! I don't mind that you don't think I look good, I actually prefer it that way. That way we can be....” She thought what the professional was in Korean.

 

“Professional?” Yoseob said, almost as if reading her mind.

“Yes, that. And thank you Kikwang-shi, for believing in me even though you don't know anything about me.” She smiled at Kikwang and then glared at Yoseob for his much earlier comment.

 

The boys stared back and forth between her and each other, wondering what to say, when she burst out laughing. They kept staring at her wondering if she was mentally ill or something.

 

She sat down on a couch laughing, covering trying to stop herself from laughing. When she could control it, she said, “Oh, you should look at yourselves! Ah, your face, it's priceless! This prank worked out 1000 times better than I expected!”
 

“A prank?” Kikwang asked.

“Yup” She said sitting up straight. “I knew you guys would be against the idea of a girl living with you and I was against it myself. But since I had no place to live I had to do it so I do feel a little guilty. I felt, you know, that I had to treat you guys like my friends if I wanted to be treated like a friend, right?”

“A prank?” Dongwoon quietly whispered and everyone turned to look at him. “You call this a prank? Do you know...” He yelled angrily as he was storming towards Nazia, before she cut him off.

“Dongwoon-ah, go sit down. You at acting.” She calmly replied.

Everybody started clapping and laughing as Dongwoon quietly went back to his spot, angry to have gotten caught so fast.

“Dongwoon-ah, I hope you don't mind me speaking informally to you, since you already called me noona.”

“Of course not, noona!” Kikwang happily replied for him.

“Another one?” She sadly thought to herself, feeling very old.

“By the way, how old are you?” Doojoon asked wondering how he should refer to her.

“In Canada, it's rude to ask a girl her age.” You slyly replied.

“Then I'll call you noona too!” Hyunseung chirped.

“Me too” Junhyung replied.

“I won't” Yoseob curtly replied.

 

She looked up at him wondering why he refused to call her noona when even Hyunseung and Junhyung were okay with it.

 

“You're right, I bet she's younger than me.” Doojoon added.

“EH???” The other four yelled.

“It's fine, call me noona. That way I feel closer you guys.” she smiled at them and they relaxed at her reaction. “By the way, can you guys give me a Korean name?” She asked them, “No one at school can pronounce my name, please help!” Nazia then made a cute puppy dog face.

“Yah! Don't do it if you can't do it right!” Yoseob yelled at her, but he had no way of knowing since most of her face was covered.

“Yah! Then you do it then!” She yelled back as she pulled down her hood while standing up. Now they could see her black hair tied tightly in a bun, strands sticking out from everywhere. Yoseob then quickly made a puppy dog face and smirked as if he had won the battle. All the other boys cheered, as Nazia held up a hand to calm them down. “Fine, I admit defeat!” She smiled at Yoseob who smiled back, silently establishing a mental agreement.

“But anyways, I'm the y type, not the cute kind.” She continued and proudly looked at the boys as they started getting annoyed at her narcissism.

 

“What about Nayoung?” Dongwoon suddenly said?

“That sounds good, not too different from your real name” Junhyung added.

“Jeong Na Young!” Hyunseung happily yelled out and they all nodded in agreement.

“Nayoung, eh?” Nazia said thoughtfully. After a moment of pause, she said, “I like it!” and they all yelled happily with their new manager.

 

--------------------------x--------------------------

 

This chapter's a bit weird and may sound like I'm rambling... So yeah.... Hope it's not too weird.

Comment please!

Enjoy!