It's our night

I Live 4 U

I walked into my parents’ house and threw myself into my mom’s lap, snuggling against her like a puppy.

Tasha looked down at me surprised “What is the world, Lina what are you doing here”?

I didn’t answer I didn’t trust myself not to breakdown, I wrapped my arms around her waist and buried my face into her stomach.

“Dear lord what is wrong with this child”. My mom laughed my head, the sound of heavy footsteps a bit later told me that my TLC time with my mom was over.

“Well look what the wind blew in”. My dad said sitting on top of me, I groaned and struggled to free myself.

“Get off”! I begged but he just made himself more comfortable giving my mom a quick kiss. I let my crazy family wash away the nasty after taste left in my mouth by the real world, at least for a few hours everything was ok.

Later that night I drove down the crowded street of Gangnam, my natural high was gone and replaced by despair, chewing on my thumb nail I debated how to chase it away again and after passing a few flashing neon sign for clubs I pulled into one of the parking lots of a hip hop club called NB2.

Inside it was popp’in and I instantly began to grove to the beat as I was lead to a table in the VIP section. Of course when I got there, there was the normal line up of hip hop want to be’s mixed with the hipster crowd. Dudes eyeing every scandalously clad stick figure strutting and shaking on the dance floor below. I sat down and began to drink and by the time the bottle was half gone, a small crowd of guys that thought they had a chance with the drunk solo girl swarmed around me.

Not wanting any of what they were saleing I stood and made my way to the dance floor where I danced like I was try to make a baby with the air. I was tipsy and, dancing to some sick beats but still some how what I'd seen kept creeping into my clouded mind. Needing to chase it away I returned to my table to finish my bottle off and when I had, I was 100% done.

So laying here, in a bed, still drunk enough to doubt that I was in bed, with a guy I didn't know. Reaching out I touched him, only to find that he was very much real, groaning I rubbed my hands over my face in frustration, I wanted to escape but not into some guys bed this could make this even more annoying if something went wrong. Speaking of which I slowly got out of the bed and in the dim morning light I found the used in the trash, letting out a sigh of relief at least that much was covered. I gathered my clothes and dressed.

“Eating and running”?

Freezing, I cursed under my breath trying to think of what to do…..and of course nothing short of running for the door popped into my head.

It wasn’t until my phone rang that I began to move again, pulling out the thing with the intention to send who ever to voicemail. But the Display flashed K-ra-z, so I pick up out of habit.

“LINA! Where are you, I’m in front of your house, let me in”. She whinned but it was news to me that we were even meeting today, racking my brain I didn’t recall making plans with Kris let alone being able to contact her for the last few day.

“Babe, why are you in front of my house”? I asked walking to the door, forgetting about who lay behind me on the bed where we did god knows what.

“I’m hurt, my unnie forgot about me, fine then bye”. Kris hung up on me as I got into the elevator, rolling my eyes I took my phone from my ear before it rang again second later.

“Hang up on me again and its on like donkey kong little girl”. I snapped making my way to the front door of the surprisingly high end hotel.

 

-------------------later------------

The drive back home was a whirl of plans for the trip to Busan with Kris, I didn’t want to worry about what happened in that hotel room so I didn’t. After getting home I showered and then packed quickly before hitting the road with Kris by my side.

The whole ride Kris clung to me holding my hand or leaning on my shoulder, speaking about the trip we planned in 45 minutes like it was planned for years as part of our bucket list or something. But I didn’t mind in fact it made me doubt if what I’d seen it that coffee shop in fact actually happened, and if the image of Kris wasn’t burned into the back of my eye lids then I might have let that thought carry me away on something fantasy where I believed that.

“So where were you last might, huh”? Kris asked waging any eyebrow suggestively as we sat eating a late lunch.

“I got drunk last night so I crash at a hotel”. I replied smoothly and watch as she gave me a unconvinced look.

“And those are buries from when you fell on suction cup and not hickies miss nasty? I may still have a reluctant hold on my V-card and be a 21 year old spinster but I know a thing or two”.

And who the hell are you learning these things from?  I barely kept that mental retort to myself, as I pictured her and Dok2 together at the coffee shop. Kris pulled at my hand that froze over my food as my mind wondered.

“Lina, I’m happy that you finally found someone”. Kris squeezed my hand “You don’t have to worry about me feeling like the third wheel, I just want my Li-li time here and there”.

I looked up at Kris, my throat burned and so did my eyes as I struggled not cry, but Kris wouldn’t let up as she linked our fingers together and pick up some food on her chopstick and shoved it in my face telling me to say ah.

I didn’t want to eat but I did as I was told and chew the food machinely in time with the beat of my heart which sent pain coursing through my body with every pump.

“Aw, Lina don’t cry, I love you and that will never change”. Kris put down her chopsticks and came around the table to sit next to me and pulled my head against her chest, the sound of steady heartbeat forced my pain to follow its beat.

Closing my eyes I sunk into her warmth as she rubbed my back, I let her scent wash away all my thoughts and her voice comfort me.

“Don’t think I’ll ever let you go Lina, I know you’re getting old and have to get married before your eggs get soggy, I’m just lending to this guy”. Kris laughed “Your mine, though”.

I couldn’t help but crack a smile only my Kris, her sarcastic remarks couldn’t be tamed no matter the situation.

 

After arriving and getting settled in our hotel in Busan, Kris and I hit the local nightlife scene, we went to three clubs the first night and Kris surprised me by how willing she was to party . By the time we made it to the third club which was another hip hop club Kris and I clung to each other, this club was much better than the last two and we instantly took to the dance floor or should I say one of the poles that were scattered around the dance floor and we didn’t get down until the other girls that felt the need to prove that they were better dancer crowed us off every pole.

Fed up I pulled Kris through the crowd to our seats in the VIP section, she was obviously feeling it more then I was because I could barely keep her in the seat, sitting next to her I force fed her water and finger food.

But of course just when I thought I had her settled the DJ has to get his second wind and start playing all the best music, Mario’s Go began to blare through the speakers. All the lovers, long and short term began to basically have on the dance floor, I smirked finding it amusing. But Kris stagger to her feet and began to dance in front of me, I tried suppress her sudden ual seduction but when I grabbed her wrist Kris smirk and turned her full attention on me.

Her hips rocked from side to side in a slow rhythm while her feet brought her closer toward me until she stood over me, bending forward Kris’s face came dangerously close to mine.

“I loovvb you”. Kissing the strange place between my lips and cheek before moving back to begin my personal r that I didn’t know I order. But as Kris danced seductively in front of me I couldn’t take my eyes off of her, it was like she was casting some kind of dreamy spell on me and when I reached out to touch her, my hands landed on her waist and pulled her into my lap and buried my face in her shoulder, closing my eyes I just let the feeling of her closeness wash over me.

Even though Kris was now grinding on me like she was in the backroom of strip club her movements swayed me into a kind of trance and when the music finally changed back over to the house mix, which caused Kris to lose interest and slump back against me.

She shouted out her frustration about the sudden change which was lost in throbbing beat, a hand shot out and grabbed Kris by the arm and pulled her to her feet, I was too tipsy to react right away so I watched as the new arrival handed her a drink and began to usher her over to a table crowed with well-dressed men and the y women that they’d pulled off the floor, one of said men seemed to be staring intently at me from across the room.