Love too Far

A Saesang's Love

December 25th. Christmas.

The name is Kwon Jihyun, and I am currently at EXO and f(x)'s Christmas concert.

My heart is pounding as I hold my I LOVE BAEKHYUN sign.

Today was another day of making sure Byun Baekhyun would be mine.

It was my Christmas gift, to congratulate me for once again getting #1 on my exam.

My parents gave me 50,000 won every time I successfully did this. Which was always. Needless to say, I believe I have used my money on worthwhile things.

When was it that I fell for EXO? For Byun Baekhyun? I believe it was when I first saw their photoshoot. That piercing gaze, his clothes that perfectly gave off a more stronger sense of MAN than of BOY, which I encountered far too often in America.

That was the start of my crush.

Then MAMA came. And Baekhyun looked oh so handsome. His power is light, and my light lit up when I realized that I had become a fan.

Soon, I started stayed up many nights because I had spent my days thinking about EXO.

I ate less because I was too busy catching up with their later interviews.

In the waiting period before Wolf came, I fed on every little picture that came about, every little fancam, every little reminder that would give me happiness. 

Was it because I had nothing better to do?

No, in fact, I had things that I should have been doing.

I SHOULD have been preparing for my college exam.

I SHOULD have been eating properly.

I SHOULD have been taking better care of my family, who were constantly at each other's throats nowadays.

Sure, to the rest of the world, I was Kwon Jihyun, daughter of the oh so rich Kwon line. But did that bring me love? Did that bring me care?

NO.

Getting good grades didn't equal hugs and kisses. It equaled just mere satisfaction. My parents believed that they could give me money to replace the warm endearing family memories every other kid in this world got.  Pft.

I'm nothing more than just a name booster for my parents. But to EXO, I was one of their fans. I was one of them. They appreciate me. I know it, and I know Baekhyun would fall in love with me as soon as he set his eyes on me. He had to, it was fate.

I suppose that's how my obsession started.

That's when my crush turned into crazed love.

I started camping outside of the SM building in hopes that Baekhyun would stop and offer me a hug or something to keep me warm. I started skipping school to start following them to their schedules. I blew off my money on saesang taxies that were reliable enough to get me where I wanted to fast. I started to buy all the EXO merchandise I could, especially when the BWCW store came out, along with the oh so famous Growl.

With each night I stayed, each school day I skipped, each piece of merchandise I could lay my hand on:

My obsession only grew.

Soon, I realize that my plan wasn't working. The members only glanced at me now and then before walking into the building. However, Baekhyun never threw a glance my way. That made me sad.

I decided instead, to find their dorms. It wasn't too hard. I easily climbed over the gate, and knocked on their door.

No one answered. It was 3 am to be fair, but still, I was mad that one of them didn't answer. So every day, every hour, I sat outside their dorm. The first time someone spotted me outside their dorm, they calmly asked me if I would leave. I told them I would not. They had security drag me out.

Soon, however, they realized I would not take this backing down. I came back, stronger than ever. They grew tired of me, I could tell. However, Baekhyun looked at me. The first time he came out of the dorm and saw me, he STARED at me. He didn't say anything, but he stared at me endlessly.  I felt my heart beating wildly, rapidly. My plan had succeeded. He had seen me. He knows me now. He had probably become smitten due to the length of his mighty gaze.  It's only a small step now until I can become his lover. For now, this was enough.

As a reward to them, I left their dorm alone for a whole week.

This is where the concert comes in. I decided to greet them at the concert, because I'm sure they had missed me.

Currently, since I took oh so long to tell this story, the concert is now close to an end.

My favorite performance? Seeing Baekhyun perform Happiness by TVXQ. He was too adorable for words. I'm glad I have a boyfriend like him. Or, rather, a husband like him. Hehe.

My least favorite? Seeing him sing in perfect harmony with f(x)'s Luna. That Luna, she'll get it. She'll see what happens when she tries to become close with Baekhyun. I don't care if she and Baekhyun don't even like each other. She has NO right to sing with the beautiful Baekhyun. How dare she use her dreadful voice and ruin Baekhyun's. Baekhyun could have sang that line of Magic Castle ALL. BY. HIMSELF. He didn't need help. How dare she think he need help? 

My anger fumed as I saw Luna wave to the fans. How fake. She's completely plastic. 

"BOOOOOO. YOU . I HATE YOU LUNA."

A crowd of f(x) fans nearby glared at me. Cowards. Not enough nerve to even confront me, eh?

As everyone was throwing gifts, I was hollering wildly at Baekhyun.

"HUSBAND. HUSBAND. TOSS ME ONE. TOSS ME ONE."

As if by magic, Baekhyun passed by the area where I was at. He was throwing stuffed animals and signed autographs. I wanted one.

Just then, his eyes fell on mine.

And he frowned and quickly turned away. 

What is he doing? Does he not miss me? How dare he! I have spent so much money to get the very seat where I am now, spent so much money to dress up nicely for him AND to make this sign, and he frowns at me? HOW DARE HE HAVE THE NERVE TO DO SUCH A THING?

Byun Baekhyun, we are going to talk about this later.

I quickly left the concert and waited in front of their dorm, once again.

The sound of the vans came in front. The voices of 12 boys entered. They all froze once they saw me. They all quickly glanced to Baekhyun, who once again, had that same frown. 

"All of you, hurry to your rooms. I want to talk to my husband." I said bluntly.

"You can't be in here, miss..?"

"Jihyun. Kwon Jihyun. RING A BELL? My family can destroy you for treating me like this. GET IN. NOW." I said, spitting each word to the 11 members who I did not love as much.

They all glanced at each other, each shaking their heads before they walked in.

Chanyeol stayed behind and whispered something to Baekhyun before he bumped past me.

"Your friends are so rude to me honey."
"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to visit you of course! You so rudely ignored me today at the concert, and I didn't even get a stuffed animal!"

Baekhyun scoffed. Oh god, he looked so hot with his makeup and suit.

"Yeah, for a reason."

"Aww, were you trying not to show favoritism? You're so sweet Baekhyun. I thought you had deliberately tried to avoid me because you hated me or something." I ran towards him for a hug.

He quickly pushed me back.

"Listen, I don't have time for games. What are you doing with your life? Why are you following me around? You KNOW you're not my wife, and you KNOW you never will be. What's the point in all of this?"
"What do you mean I will never be? Of course I will. I will be back here, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. to make sure you don't forget me! I will be the greatest wife you ever wanted."

"NO."

"No? What do you mean no? I'm your ideal type, aren't I Baekhyun?"

"No."
"BAEKHYUN. YOU LISTEN TO ME. WE ARE DATING, OKAY? I HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH ON YOU."

"No, that's it. You're NOT my wife, you're NOT my girlfriend, and you are CERTAINLY NOT my fan. You have disturbed our lives, and we have enough of you crazy girls, okay? Get over yourself! I'm tired of avoiding ALL of you. Seriously, are you not in school or anything? Where are your parents? Do they let you do this kind of stuff? Can't my members just have some peace and quiet for once? You guys are the reason I regret I ever became an idol!"

I slapped him.

"How...dare you...say that to me..." I was breathing heavily, fuming.

He looked up, his red cheek starting to match with the rest of his face.

"Please...leave. Don't ruin your life by aimlessly following me around. You only have one life, don't waste it on me. I'm nothing more than just a guy. I'm nothing special. There's no hope. We won't ever be together. No matter what you do, I will forever hate you." He said softly as his eyes shifted in another direction.

With that, he walked past me and into the dorm.

"No...no, Baekhyun! HONEY, I'M SORRY!! I DIDN'T MEAN WHAT I SAID. I'M SORRY FOR SLAPPING YOU. JUST COME BACK TO ME. PLEASE!! PLEASE!!!" I started pounding on their door, and slowly, every single light on their dorm turned off.

"Please..please..." I cried hard. I sat there for what seemed like forever.

Kwon Jihyun...how did you let yourself become like this? Just over a year ago, you had no worries about impressing EXO or anything like that. You only loved their music when you first met them. You were just a normal fan. You were the one who chided the saesangs for being so crazy, and now you're considered one of them. You used to be a #1 student, and now you were struggling to pass. You aren't even ready for college exams. And to the person you wanted to care about you the most, he hates you. You slapped him, and now he hates you. See what you've done? How did you become so crazed that you lost all of your senses?

No one loves you anymore.

I slowly stood up, and slowly walked out of the gate. Every single word he had said to me stabbed my heart. I had never felt this way, even while growing up in a soul-less family.

I walked into the street.

I let the bright lights all come towards me to relieve my pain.

It hurt at first, but I knew where I was going, I would be able to love Baekhyun all I wanted...and he would love me back.

Her breath haltered as she lay splattered on the road, and soon police sirens were heard.

This was the life of Kwon Jihyun.

A fan who fell in love, too fast and too much.

One who transformed from a fan to a monster.

And in the end, she suffered the consequences of transitioning from fantasy to reality.

This was the life of Kwon Jihyun.

Her life was short lived, but she loved EXO with all of her heart. 

She was 18.

Kwon Jihyun.

December 25. 2013.

Christmas Day.

"The morning I opened my eyes in heart fluttering excitement
It’s like the feeling of untying the ribbon of a present
Every single day of getting to know you

The twinkling lights that decorate the streets
Among those, your eyes are especially like the star light
As if you’re melting in my arms, you come into my embrace

What if you come to me when I’m sleeping?
So I stay up all night, all night in a white daze

Just like the Christmas day that I’ve always waited for
Just like the Christmas day oh! When I think about you
I get excited like a kid just like those days, just like that time
You’re just like Christmas day"

 

=--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed reading! At least...somewhat? I know this story may have seemed rushed, I wanted to make it a one shot so that it would just be an easy read, but now I'm looking at the word count going O______O. I hope everything makes sense, and I hope that you guys don't hate our main character too much! 

Leave your comments and criticism below! I haven't written a one shot for a while, and I have a lot to learn, so let me know!