Surprise?

Surprise?

It had been going on for a while now, the times he would come home late. You knew he wasn’t at recording since none of the other boys were there. Sometimes you would catch him talking quietly on his phone around you and sending mysterious texts he refused to tell you about. When you’d asked him who he was talking to he would simply say it was someone you didn’t know. He couldn’t be growing tired of your already?

He had texted you a while ago, telling you that he was expecting you around for Christmas dinner with him later but he had absolutely made you promise that you wouldn’t turn up until precisely 6pm. Given how weird he had been acting lately you only became more suspicious and decided to turn up a little bit early – blaming it on a lack of traffic. In your head you were scared you would catch him with another woman around though in your heart you knew Seunghyun wasn’t that kind of guy. Nonetheless, you drove off feeling more nervous than you ever had before.

You arrived at his house not twenty minutes later, ready to catch your plan though for a minute your resolve wavered. You really didn’t think Seunghyun would be the type to cheat but then again, to be honest, nobody ever expected to be cheated on. You really didn’t think you could handle seeing him with another woman but at the very same time you couldn’t handle not knowing either so you made up your mind and climbed up the stairs to his apartment. You knocked on the door and not a minute later a very flustered looking Seunghyun opened the door for you.

“What are you doing here?” said Seunghyun with a shocked expression on his face. His face was flushed red and he looked decidedly flustered, only arousing your suspicions more.

“It’s nice to see you too? And there was no traffic so I got here earlier than I thought I would…” you trailed off as you tried to look around him and see into his apartment.

“No traffic on Christmas day?” he asked you in a slightly sarcastic voice with an eyebrow raised.

“Listen I don’t control the roads, okay?” you rebuffed his silent accusation. It didn’t help that he was right but you didn’t want him to know that.

“Hmmm…” you could see him calling you out on your lie but you chose to ignore him, instead pasting a pleasant smile on your face.

“Are you going to invite me in?” you asked sweetly with an expectant look on your face.

“Oh… Oh! Come on in, jagi.” he hurriedly said as he ushered you in and helped you with your coat. He carefully grabbed your hand and dragged you towards his bedroom that was all the way on the other side of the apartment, only confirming your suspicions. You reluctantly followed him, all the while listening intently, trying to pick up on any movement in the living room when you suddenly heard the sound of something crashing to the ground. Seunghyun immediately let go of your hand and uttered some expletives with his hand on his forehead. You looked at him with disgust before you stalked towards the living room, ready for battle.

What you came face to face with, however, was not what you were expecting. On the floor, in the far corner of the living room, was the cutest dachshund puppy you had ever seen. He was currently playing – and destroying – the pile of presents under the Christmas tree. Immediately you ran towards the animal with a smile on your face and giggles escaping your mouth. The small dog wasn’t startled by your sudden approach; he stopped tearing at the wrapping paper and trotted towards you with a curious look in his eyes. You knelt down in front of him as he came towards you and nudged your outstretched hand. You giggled again at his cuteness and he let out the most adorable bark, causing you to coo at him. It seemed he decided that he liked you as he barked again and began jumping in front of you, asking you to play with him.

“Surprise?” you heard Seunghyun say as he sat down beside you and watched you play with the puppy.

“What do you mean? He’s mine?” you asked bewildered, not believing that this delightful baby was now yours.

“Well, I always feel bad that I can’t be with you all the time and I’m sure you get lonely so I thought I’d get you a companion.” he explained with a smile on his face as he watched you play with the puppy.

“So that’s what all the phone calls and texts were about?” you said, finally putting together all the pieces.

“Yes. I had to adopt him, make sure with your landlady it was okay to keep pet and buy all his supplies without you realising.” he told you

“Oh Seunghyun! Thank you so much!” you exclaimed as you enveloped him in a sudden hug.

“Merry Christmas jagi.” he answered as he pulled you closer and nuzzled his face into the crook of your neck.