How it all began

Of fanboys, idols and utter nonsense. [APPLY OPEN, READ CHAPTER 1]

Yoon Doo Joon.

He's the beacon of light in my life. He guided me when I was lost on this path we call life. Well... at least his songs did. Truth be told, he doesn't even know of my existence.

... Unless he has been reading the fan mails I send to him every 2 days. Wow... I'm a creep.

You might ask me why I 'worship' him so much. Well... it all started out as a form of escape.

Being Yang Yo Seob, I was the baby boy of my parents regardless of how old I grew. Though we had our occasional quarrels, my noona always showered me with endless gifts and her love. My family did quite well financially, being the owners of the most popular cafe in the vicinity. All aspects of my life was what one would call perfect. Well... except for the love part. Well, you know the chinese ying and yang balance thing right? Nothing's perfect.

In school, I was the "aegyo prince". Girls were lining up to be my girl. Mum always said I was naive, that's why I fell in and out of love easily. Basically, all you had to do was send me chocolates claiming that you made them and I would fall mad in love with you. That's what all the girls did and when they found a better man, they would dump me.

So when my 29th girlfriend in 17 years dumped me for the 2nd time (Yes, 2nd time.), I was more than ready to give up on love but Dong Woon, my best friend, wouldn't let me have my way. He introduced me to Yoon Doo Joon's songs.

Yoon Doo Joon was a singer rapper who was 3 years older than me. But our lives were far too different. He was an idol with over 100 thousand fans and I think I know why.

Good looks aside, his voice brought life to his songs. His songs were about strength, hope, pushing on when things seem dark. His simple songs conveyed power messages, messages that made me believe in love against for I was instantly in love with him, a man I never met.

Fanboys weren't common for male idols. So the first few times I went for his fan meet, it was kind of awkward but since I was cute and all, fangirls accepted in the fan cafe. In a matter of months, my room was filled with him. Yes, I loved him so much to the point that my parents considered sending me to a mental institution for a health check up. 

So when Dong Woon told me that Cube Entertainment, the company Doo Joon worked for, was looking for new trainees, I knew it was now or never.

I began practicing like my life depended on it, with a voice I never knew I had. I also worked on my dance and I must say, being a klutz it wasn't easy for me. Seeing the bruises I obtained from well, being a klutz, my parents and noona were strongly against me walking down the path of an idol. But I stood firm on my decision, remembering a line from Doo Joon's song.

"Don't give up, show the world how determined you are and they will all give in to you."

Eventually, they did.

When I got into Cube, I was thrilled! All my hard work finally paid off... I spent four years as a trainee. Sure, it was though but hey, I've got Doo Joon's songs. And I was also rewarded with Doo Joon's frequent visits to the trainees. Gradually, he became aware of my existance.

When the daddy Hong, the CEO of Cube, announced that I would be part of a duet with a rapper, I almost couldn't breathe! Doo Joon was in the same room, smiling at me. Could it be...?

But noooooo, god wouldn't let me have my way. My hopes were dashed when another name echoed in the room. I haven't even heard of that name before!T

That name, was Yong Jun Hyung.