Chapter 1 - The Beggining

Fighting for Myself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was new in my new school. My biggest dream was to become a singer but my parents were against that from the beginning.

Me and my friend, Daisy, decided to participate in an audition in an artistic school.

I was really nervous, when they finally called me.

“Claire? It’s your turn”

I entered in the big room, while 3 examinees were judging me. I chose to sing, since I don’t dance very well. This was a big experience for me, I couldn’t sing in front of anyone ever since I was humiliated in front of my old classmates, while I was performing. It’s been more than 3 years since then but I wasn’t able to sing, however I wanted to change that.

I finished singing as I let out a sigh of relief, I was able to sing, I was so happy.

“we’ll contact you, as soon as we have news”

I decided to go home, my parents were waiting for me.

“Claire did you already choose your new school? You know you’ve to study hard this year!”

“Yes Mom, yes Dad, don’t worry, okay?”

As soon as I reached my bed I started to cry, it hurt as hell not being able to chase my dream. When I was younger, I learnt, alone, how to play piano. I was only 7 years and I already knew how to play Christmas Carols, and when I was 8 years old, I started to compose my own songs. My parents were always busy so I used to be all the time in my grandma’s house, she lent me the piano and I would always spend all the time playing the piano. However, my grandmother got sick when I was 15 and since then she has become very boring, she started to control every moves I’d do, and I could barely breathe.

I took my diary. I used to write there but I lost interest and when I reached 16 years I stop writing because it wouldn’t make any difference. Sometimes I look at it and remember my old times, and when I need to talk to anyone, I just write there a little note. I started to remember the times when I dreamt about seeing myself in a stage, singing and smiling. I just cry even more. Therefore I started to feel asleep.

One week later I received a call from the school.

“Hello, am I talking to Miss Claire?”

“Yes, I’m Claire. Did something happen? Who am I talking with?”

“Sorry, I didn’t introduce myself, I’m the Starish High School of Arts and Dance‘principle. I want to congratulate you; you were selected to be one of our new students”

I froze hearing that. I… I did it!

“I-I was chosen?”

“Of course, you’re one of the best candidates we’ve ever had! You’ll have to come here tomorrow to take care of some issues, and then you’ll be a student in my school”

“Thank you so much for this opportunity!”

Everything was so perfect right now, but there w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter