WonKyu

~Random Christmas Drabbles~

 

Kyuhyun drudged out of the underground car park and into the lobby of his building. He clutched his takeout in one hand while the other held his briefcase. He was spending the next couple of days holed up in his apartment sorting files that the rest of his colleagues had abandoned and dumped on his desk as they rushed out of the door to celebrate Christmas with their families. As the youngest partner of his firm, unmarried, with no family living, it left him with the short straw.

As the doors of the lift made to close and take him up to his lonely flat, a hand reached through causing them to reopen. The smiling face that greeted Kyuhyun didn’t raise his mood, it just further annoyed him. Choi Siwon, the gorgeous neighbour who Kyuhyun knew very little about much to the younger’s chagrin, had his hands full of bags. It looked like he was preparing for a busy time.

“Happy Christmas Kyuhyun-ah,” Siwon grinned.

Kyuhyun forced a smile. He didn’t want to see the pity he so often saw on people’s faces at this time of year, especially not on this face. “Happy Christmas hyung.”

The older man gazed at him intently as the lift started to move towards their floor. “What are you doing tomorrow?”

“I’m going to see family.” Kyuhyun’s smile tightened but didn’t slip from his face. He wasn’t going to crack in front of the one person outside of work he had been trying hard to impress these past few months that they had been living next to each other.

“That’s nice. My mother has planned a huge get-together and I am slightly worried over how many people are actually going to turn up tomorrow…” The older man continued to talk about his plans as they exited the lift and Kyuhyun reached his door.

“That’s nice hyung. I hope you have a good day. I’ll see you around.”

Kyuhyun shut the door before the other could continue. He needed sink into the peacefulness of his home. It wasn’t decorated, there was no obnoxious happy music, no loud laughter and chatter. He didn’t hate Christmas, he just didn’t want it forced in his face. He placed his pizza in the microwave as he flicked through the channels searching for a movie that wasn’t Christmas themed.

He settled in for a peaceful couple of days, filled with junk food, Starcraft and movies.

 

 

The next day he was in the middle of a fight with a particularly nasty character when he heard rattling at his front door. Swearing profusely as he wondered who the hell was at his house on Christmas Day he opened the door to find an inebriated Siwon holding a key to his lock.

“Hyung… this isn’t your flat,” Kyuhyun shifted awkwardly as he realised he was in his joggers and a Fullmetal Alchemist t-shirt. He was also aware that he was covered with Cheetos powder from where he spilt them down himself earlier.

“Sorry Kyuhyun-ah, I got confused,” Siwon swayed slightly before leaning against his door frame.

“There are numbers on the door hyung.”

“So there are, so there are,” Siwon slurred as he tapped the number several times as if it had only just appeared there.

“Do you need help back to your flat?” Kyuhyun asked, concerned over the drunkenness of his normally straightlaced neighbour. But then again it was Christmas.

“No-pe!” Siwon pronounced each syllable exaggeratedly. But he made no move away from the open door and Kyuhyun.

“Are you sure hyung? Cos you aren’t actually leaving,” Kyuhyun pointed out.

“What do you think of me?” Siwon asked suddenly staring at the younger man intently.

Kyuhyun coughed in surprise as he tried to think of an answer. “You’re very handsome and kind.” He averted his eyes as he continued, “You are what the girls would say is a true gentleman.”

“Would you say I was a catch then?”

Kyuhyun blushed as the elder moved into his personal space. “Erm… yes… I would say you were a catch.”

“It’s just that I have been trying to catch the attention of a certain someone for months and they keep ignoring me.”

Kyuhyun spluttered at the look that was now boring into him. It seemed that the conversation had sobered the other man up quickly.

“Why do you think that is? Is it because he is not interested in me or do you think he is just such a workaholic that he is clueless when people show him attention?”

Indignation rose at the accusation of ‘cluelessness’ and being a workaholic though he didn’t really have very strong support. His mind blanked as he felt firm lips pressed against his own, the smell of alcohol, aftershave and cinnamon clouding his senses.

“Why are you all alone on Christmas Day Kyun-ah?” Siwon asked more softly as annoyance left the younger’s body, leaving it limp in the taller’s arms.

“I don’t have anyone hyung,” the other admitted softly.

“You have me.”