The Masquerade Ball

Enchanted

Masquerade Ball
Time: 8:00 pm- 1:30 am
Get Mysterious and Fancy!
Age:

 

“No, I can’t go!” I groaned once more at Na Eun.

“Why not, it’s not like they’ll check your I.D, you’re not drinking or doing drugs! It’s just a simple romantic costume party!” Na Eun persuaded me. She came up to me and pulled me up.

It’s crazy, if my parents ever find out that I get into trouble with the law or something like that…. I’m gone, you’ll never EVER see me in Korea again.

“But still, what if they call my parents!” I shuddered at the thought of my parents ever finding out. The last time I “went against the law” and my parents found out. They took away ALL kinds of entertainment….including string. Na Eun thought I was as good as dead…..and she’s still pushing me to do this…go figure.

“They won’t know you’re only 17!”

She is pretty convincing….

“I’m not saying I’m going but….if we do go what would I wear? And you never know if they could see right through me”. And I was even exaggerating, last time I saw some girl who looked older than me trying to enter the club, she was 15…. The securities were able to see right through her façade, these people are a group you REALLY don’t wanna mess with. If it was me I would’ve let the girl in without a second thought.

“Eun Ji, you worry way too much. Just stop worrying, breathe in and out, and relax just this once. Don’t make this vacation a bad one for me” Na Eun begged with her puppy eyes. “We only have 3 more fudging days here, let’s make them 3 awesome days where we would never be able to forget them. Plus they’re great stress relievers trust me”

I actually have been worrying a lot, especially with tests and finals.

“So…?”

“Fine, let’s get ready.” I was confident now, I do realize that I really need to take a load off, and just take it slow and easy. So for the next few days of freedom away from tests…I’ll go make it the time of my life.

Na Eun squealed with excitement, I swear I could see the glint in her eyes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

By now Na Eun had brought me to her house, and we were getting ready for the party…..or the ball.

“Here take this” Na Eun handed me a box as she placed on in front of her too.

“And this would be?..” I questioned her.

“The dress duh” Na Eun responded as if that was the stupidest question ever asked.

I opened the lid to the dress and I gasped…it was absolutely breathtaking. It was a black sweet heart neckline, with a champagne pink chiffon high-low bottom. The bottom of the dress was adorned with glitter where if the lights hit on it, it would look as if it was shimmering. Everything about this dress just screamed me.

“To die for, or what?” Na Eun grinned at me as she saw me stare at the dress.

“It’s gorgeous, when’d you get it?” I said in awe as I lifted up the dress.

“I knew you’d die for it, it was just perfect for you and I got it yesterday” Na Eun confessed slyly.

Na Eun then uncovered her box and in her box laid a dress perfect for her too. Na Eun had a beautiful long dark blue sparkly gown that also had a sweetheart neckline.

“You know you’re a great friend right?” I stated as I got up to give her a hug

“The best” she replied back to me and my hug.

We got dressed with our makeup and hair, and if anything we looked kickass.

“Oh Eun Ji I forgot these accessories came with it” Na Eun said as she handed me a slightly smaller box than the one my dress came in.

I opened the box and there laid a beautiful red flower tiara along with a beautiful matching ring. “You’re such a liar” I told her.

“What did I lie about!” Na Eun said looking at me defensively.

“You totally bought this for me” I pointed at the set.

“Okay so I did, throw me in jail” Na Eun scoffed as she held her wrists out for the handcuffs.

I didn’t say anything and just hugged her, “Thank you, really”.

“You’re welcome you doofus” Na Eun smiled. She took the tiara and placed it on my head, I looked in the mirror and it just added more gorgeousness to everything.

“Are you ready?” Na Eun asked me as she handed me my mask.

“More than ever” I smiled.

____________________________________________________________________________________

“Where was it again?” The taxi driver asked.

“Just make a right turn here”

“Oh the big Masquerade ball huh? Is that why you girls are all dressed up tonight?” The man chuckled to himself. “It’s magical; you girls should remember this party…it’s actually where I met my wife” he then went back to driving and smiling at the same time.

“No way that is too adorable and magical” Na Eun awed as she was always totally into stories like these.

“Yup, I met her while dancing. And girls let me tell you, I was a horrible dancer! I coincidentally fell on her, and right then and there I knew I met the love of my life. We hit it off right there, we didn’t take off our masks and all we did was talk about our interests, our life…..and I finally knew I was right about making sure she was the one” he continued.

I smiled.

Although I hate to admit it too, I love these kinds of stories too. I love knowing that somewhere everyone has a happy ending no matter what, even a random stranger was able to live such a magical coincidence.

“That is such a beautiful story, I wonder if I could find my true love” Na Eun continued sighing as she smiled.

“Oh just trust fate, you’ll know when you’ve found the perfect one” The cab driver said, it became quiet but I knew everyone in the taxi was smiling. This was one of those stories at could tug on your heartstrings while making you feel alone all at once. But for me, I was just totally enchanted by the story.

_____________________________________________________________________________

“That will be $21.45, Have a good and safe night girls!”

“You too Willis!” I called out as he drove away.

It was dark already and my heels were starting to hurt, I get no pain no gain huh?

“12:00 tonight is our curfew missy, I’ll have my head on a silver platter if they found out I’ve been gone this long” I reminded Na Eun.

“Yes Cinderella” Na Eun emphasized as she sarcastically bowed down.

“Do you see the town hall yet?” I asked Na Eun irritated.

“Yeah, it’s about two more blocks, don’t you see the lights?” Na Eun smiled as she pointed to the illuminating light coming from behind a huge building.

“Oh, that’s really pretty” I commented as I picked up the speed which resulted in my mask being pulled halfway off.

“Look who’s so excited now!” Na Eun chuckled as she looked at me.

We then stopped right in front of the lights, and in front of that was the town hall building, I remember this place my family used to come here all the time for the gatherings.  The building was decorated with sparkling lights and flowers all over the building. The bricks looked like they were scrubbed new when I saw some bricks were darker than the other.

“Here it is!” Na Eun shouted pulling me closer to the gates.

“I can’t believe it’s been 10 years since I’ve came to this area again” I said touching the old rusting gates.

I turned towards Na Eun wondering why she was so quiet, and saw she was just as star struck as me.

“I know it’s beautiful” Na Eun told me with the same twinkle in her eye from before.

There were a lot of people walking in dressed up nicely and fancy like. This was just like the balls from the fairy tales.

“Come on, before they get suspicious” Na Eun urged me as she pulled my air toward the entrance.

We walked up the steps and pushed through the doors, as we opened the doors the enchanting sounds of violin filled the room. There were literally hundreds of people here that were dressed in beautiful gowns and suits; all with different masks on. This whole thing was like a walk back into the 1700’s.

Na Eun turns to me and grins “Are you ready?”

“Better now than never” I grin back.

“Well Good Evening ladies” A butler like man in a gray suit greeted us.

“Evening” We both replied in unison.

He eyed us up and down to see whether we were eligible or not. “Well you girls have fun now”, he opened the velvet rope to allow us in and I swear my heart stopped for a while. I held my breath as we officially stepped into the room.

I let out a huge breathe and Na Eun grinned even wider, “lucky as hell?”, “Lucky as hell”.

“So now what?” I asked breathlessly as I headed for the empty seat at a table in the back.

“Well I know we’re not going to be sitting!” Na Eun giggled as she pointed at the dance floor.

“Well I know I’m going to be sitting just for a minute, y’know to get settled” I promised her smiling as I pointed at an empty seat closer to the dance floor. She wore a sad face, but it quickly changed. She nodded and happily skipped to the dance floor as her blue dress glimmer as the light shone upon it. I watched her as she tapped on a mysterious man with a golden feather mask and they quickly started to dance. She was so lucky she had the guts to talk to a guy; if that was me I would have avoided them as much as I could. Look at me, sitting here drinking water.

 I sighed and decided to walk around. I surprisingly walked through many kinds of groups. In one area was a supposedly snobby group, a very classy group, and last but certainly not least the drunken group. Seriously I should take more chances like this, I’ve never been to a party like this before…so experiencing. The most “experiencing” thing I’ve ever well experienced was…the museum. Yeah point and laugh at me but I was 10, even boogers were amusing.

I turned back to walk to my seat as I heard a cry “Yo watch out!” Without myself knowing, I just tripped over a drunken man lying on the floor….classy. I fall face-flat on the floor in utter embarrassment. I groaned as I picked myself up from the floor, I looked up and saw a hand gestured to help me get up. I quickly grabbed their hand and pulled myself up. I looked up to meet two pairs of glistening brown eyes.

“Sorry about that, my friend could get pretty wasted at parties” he said gesturing to his friend on the ground.

“It’s alright, this is a dashing party there has to be at least on drunken guy” I chuckled.

“Take this seat” he said pulling the chair next to him out.

I quickly sat down and checked my dress to see if there were any damages done. I sighed once I saw nothing was ruined.

“Aw don’t worry your stunning dress is still beautiful” he smiled as he laid his head down on his arm.

I blushed, “Thanks” and then I smiled.

“So little Miss Clumsy are you alone tonight?” he asked me pointing to the dance floor.

“Nope, my friend is dancing with some dashing mystery man” I said gesturing back to the dance floor.

“You know mystery isn’t all that, I mean for all you know mystery could add to her dashing AWAY from him” he pointed out.

I giggled.

“There it is the smile after the accident” he said pointing at me.

“So Mr. Mystery Man, is this guy your only friend here?” I asked pointing to the still drunken person on the floor.

“You betcha, so…..you’re not really 18 are you?” he asked me slyly.

“Is it that obvious?” I groaned wondering if anyone else caught on.

“Nah, it’s as obvious as you knowing I’m 17” he told me.

“You know I’m 17?”

“Well now I do”

“We do look pretty good”

“Nah we look pretty damn perfect”

I smiled at his compliment to me, and his own cockiness.

“Well what do you say to a little fun?” he announced as he suddenly stood up.

“As in?”

“Let’s dance a little” he grinned pointing to the dance floor.

“Are you kidding me? My middle name is Goofy” I suddenly mind face palmed myself when I noticed he might find me stupid for knowing goofy. And even worse not even knowing the joke behind it.

“Well Miss Clumsy middle name Goofy, I too have two left feet when I dance, so leggo” he smirked as he held out his hand.

I chuckled since he knew what reference to Goofy I was making, but I was still reluctant.

“May I have a dance with this lovely lady?” he said with his hand out, while lowering down his head. By the time he had done that, he had caught the attention of everyone in the room.

I had never dance in my life, let it be even ballroom dancing; but I couldn’t say no.

 “Yes you shall dashing man” I giggled as I took his hand. I’m pretty sure at this moment Na Eun had freaked out.

He smiled as I took his hand and led me to the dance floor. He brought me to an empty space and spun me around.

“Baekhyun by the way” he told me as he spun me again.

“Can’t dance by the way” I groaned again thinking about my dance-trophe.

He bent down and tugged at my black heels, I pulled back a little and stared at him. He looked at me and gave me a face that seemed like he was saying to trust him. I finally let him take my heels off and he placed them on the side of the room.

“Now, allow your goofy feet to get on top of my shoes” he smiled as he gestured to his shoes.

“What?”

“Get on top of my shoes” he repeated.

“Wait hold up, what?”

He picked me up and placed me on top of his shoes. “See that wasn’t so bad”

I stared at him my face full of bewilderment and confusion. He chuckled as he just started to sway. I stared down at our feet; it seemed and felt as if I were matching his steps perfectly in sync.

“So favorite color?” he suddenly asked me.

“Orange”

“You mean like neon?”

“No, the type of orange you see in a sunset” I replied.

“Purple” he told me.

“Barney purple?”

“Nope, the type of purple you see in a sunset” he smirked as he replied.

“So Mysterious man, what do you like to do on your spare time?” I asked wanting to know more about this person.

“Long walks and music”

“Woah me too…”

“Guess we’re a match made in heaven” he chuckled winking at me…or so I thought it was…the mask was pretty hard to see through.

“You’re pretty cool” I smiled at him

“You’re pretty awesome and might I add super cute too” he smiled back. 

We both stared at each other through our masks and soon it just seemed like we were the only two people at the ball. The music slowed down and it seemed like the light was only shone on us. Without myself knowing, I leaned in and he reciprocated my moves. Soon our lips touched. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer in. Electricity soars through my veins and igniting every cell. I wrapped my arm around his neck and pull him closer, I could tell he smiled. Although he’s someone I’ve never met before, heck he could be dangerous for all I know, I never wanted to break the kiss.

*BI*** DON’T KILL MY VIBE* My phone rang from the pockets of my dress.

I broke the kiss, amazed at what just happened. Baekhyun stood there with a smirk on his face.

“Hello?” I answered breathlessly.

“Hello Eun Ji?” Na Eun asked.

“Yeah what happened?” I asked a little bit annoyed.

“It’s 12 o’clock remember you have to be home BY 12 o’clock?” Na Eun told me as she emphasized the word “by”.

“OH SH** I FORGOT” I said a little bit too loud for my liking.

“Hurry up let’s go I’ll meet you at the front entrance” Na Eun said as she hung up.

“I’m so sorry I have to go” I huffed as I ran to grab my shoes.

“Wait! What about your name?” I heard Baekhyun shout as I ran towards the entrance.

Running barefoot and hoping my parents weren’t hope yet, I was still flustered over the kiss and still depressed over the fact that maybe that was my last chance to ever see that person ever again. After meeting Na Eun at the front entrance..I knew this chance would never happen again.

I  was now back in reality.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this! It’s my first fanfic and I’m not even sure it’s all that good LOL. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT BELOW AND ASK QUESTIONS I’D BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER THEM!

Jamie xoxo