Last Christmas with You

Last Christmas with You

"Hey. I brought you fresh flowers!" The person put a bouquet of white roses on the marble RIP plaque. "Its New Year’s day, so I knew no one else would be here."

The person sighed and sat down in front of the tomb.

"You could've celebrated with us this year, you know. But I know you're probably looking after us up there." The person smiled at the sky. "I was planning on seeing the Fireworks with you... But why? Why did you do this? You could be here... If you just-"

 

 

"Suga."

Suga turned around and saw the rest of the BTS members. They had brought foldable chairs and an ice box with them.

"We didn't want you celebrating New Year’s alone." Jin set up his pink chair and sat down. He handed Suga an extra one. "For you."

Suga stared at the chair "You guys should spend New Year’s with your family, not me-"

"And Jihye." Jimin added and set his chair beside Suga's. His eyes were still swollen, but he hid them under a pair of shades.

"You and Jihye ARE family, remember?" J-Hope put the ice box down and set his own chair.

"I even brought cookies." Jungkook sadly smiled and waved a box in the air.

"Man, she would've loved that." Namjoon shook his head with a sad smile and opened a can of the juice.

"Save Jihye the cherry flavored one." V, who was silent ever since the day Jihye died, finally spoke.

"Of course." Namjoon took the lone cherry flavored drink and put it on top of Jihye's grave. "She's the only one among us who really likes the taste of it anyway."

Suga chuckled, remembering every memory he had of Jihye spending time with BTS.

"Remember the time when Jimin first confessed to Jihye?" Hoseok laughed, Jimin turned beet red.

"She thought it was a hidden camera and searched each of us for the camera." Namjoon shook his head while laughing.

"Her face was-" V stopped himself when he remembered Jihye wouldn't be there to pout at his insult "-beautiful. As beautiful as she'll always be."

"Right." Suga nodded with a smile and drank his orange drink.

"Oh! That time when we had a flour fight in the kitchen!" Jin laughed "She was as white as a ghost!"

The members laughed, except for Jimin who was silent all the way.

"Hey." Suga nudged Jimin "Penny for your thoughts?"

"She never once did show her... 'problem' until that one day when were out on the beach, right?" Jimin sighed "She was too stubborn for her own good."

J-Hope sadly smiled "I carried her to the car that day."

"I drove." Jin added.

"And I was the only family member she had left, so I signed the papers." Suga smiled.

"If she told us sooner... you think she'd be celebrating with us in Jin hyungs house, like we always did?" Jimin asked with a pitiful expression.

"We can’t fool ourselves with that kind of thinking, Jimin. It's unhealthy. And she wouldn't want that, would she?" Suga patted Jimins back "She'd want us to celebrate the end of our first year together as a rookie group." He turned his head to Jimin "She'd want you to move on."

Jimin sighed and sank in his seat. *She doesn't always gets what she wants.*

 

Namjoon raised his half empty can "To Jihye."

The rest did so too "To Jihye."

They toasted and soon was blanketed with silence.

They soon decided to leave, as it was already January 1st.

"Hey, you're not coming?" Suga folded his seat, but noticed Jimin wasn't moving.

"Nah. I'm staying for a while. You guys can go ahead." Jimin smiled and Suga nodded understandingly.

The 6 boys left, leaving Jimin to himself.

"Hey there, Jihye." Jimin smiled gently at the block of marble "I just wanted to thank you." A tear slid down his cheek. "For everything."

His lips started to quiver, trying to hold the sobs down. "Whatever I accomplish this year, it would be for you. You’re one of my fans right?" He smiled once again "And I'll do my best for the sake of my fans."

He folded up his chair and started to leave, but stole one last glance "Even now, just keep holding onto my heart for me, yeah? It's not the kind of heart you needed, but I know it's the kind of heart you wanted. I guess I didn't tell you enough how much you meant to me. Bye, Jihye, you're the only person who ever made my heart beat fast. I hope you knew that."

He walked away, with curved up lips, but tear stained cheeks.