First Christmas with You

Last Christmas with You

"Hey, can’t we go outside? I really want to go outside." Jihye whined from her hospital bed. "Come on~ We can take a wheelchair."

"No. It’s too cold out." Suga sternly said. "You can’t go out when it’s THIS cold. You’ll get sick and then it will add complications and then-"

"Hyung. Just let her. I can take her." Jimin said and went to fetch the wheelchair.

"No. I'm her brother, I'll take her." Suga bargained but Jihye made a face.

"You'll probably just let me out for 3 minutes, I'm taking my chances with Jimin oppa." Jihye wrinkled her nose at Suga.

"Just because he's your boyfriend." Suga muttered and sat on the couch pouting.

Jihye rolled her eyes while chuckling. "Yup. Pretty much."

"Hey, I got the wheel chair." Jimin entered the hospital room with a blue wheelchair and helped Jihye get on.

"10-15 minutes tops." Suga tapped his watch "You have to go back to the practice room. Manager just texted me. They’re recording with the vocals."

"Okay." Jimin sighed "God, Tomorrow's Christmas. Can’t we get a break?"

"Shhh." Jihye shushed him "Think of it as an effort for the fans, okay?"

Jimin didn't repsond and pushed the wheelchair out of the hospital room "We'll be back soon."

 

Jimin pushed Jihye around the park that was right beside the hospital. It was built there for the bedridden patients, like Jihye, a long time ago. It was in commemoration of a cancer patient, Jimin thinks.

"So... Hows the practices coming?" Jihye asked to break the ice.

"It’s tiring, but since it’s an effort for the fans, I do my best." He quoted her.

"Good boy." Jihye chuckled.

"So when's the operation?" Jimin asked.

"I don’t know yet, actually. There's still no donor, and theres still 2 people above me. Maybe 3 months, I think?" She said while admiring the pond of fishes where they stopped infront of.

"3 Months?! That’s too long! It will only lower make your body grow weaker!" Jimin furiously said.

"So when's the comeback-"

"Stop changing the subject, Jihye." Jimin said in a low voice. "I'll fly around the world for a heart donor if I have to."

"Dont. Okay? Just stop, Jimin. Dont worry about it, I'm fine." Jihye crossed her arms.

"You're not." Jimin stared at her body that was hidden in hospital clothes and a jacket "You got thinner."

"So?" Jihye asked with an irritated expression. Jimin should know better than point out how weak she is, she thought.

"And youre skin is sickly pale. You need a donor, Jihye! And I'll take that place if I ha-"

"No." Jihye glared at Jimin, making the latter gulp. "I'd rather die than take someone else’s life. And think about your family, Jimin!"

Jimin looked away, avoiding her intense glare.

"You should know better than giving your heart to just anyone! And you're going to debut with my brother soon, are you really going to take away their dreams like that? MY BROTHER, Jimin." What she said should've come out as shouts, but it sounded like her normal talking voice because she was getting to weak to shout.

"Take me back." Jihye looked away and stared at the floor.

"But-"

"Now, Jimin." She looked up, giving him one last glare.

 

"What happened?" Suga held Jihye's cold hand. "Why did he leave early?"

"Recording, right?" Jihye weakly smiled at Suga.

Suga raised his eyebrow at her, not believing her excuse.

"Okay. We had a fight." Jihye admitted. "He was stupid. He IS stupid."

"Woah, what did you fight about?" Suga interestedly leaned in "Is it about THAT again?"

Jihye nodded and sighed.

suga snorted "You didn't agree with me when I bugged you with that same problem for months, does he really think he can convince you in a day?"

"I won’t give in even if you bug me for a year about it." Jihye stubbornly crossed her arms "That is... if I live that long..." She whispered to herself, but the room was quiet enough for Suga to hear it.

"Stop thinking like that." Suga seriously said "You'll get a donor soon, I just know it."

Jihye weakly smiled at her older brother and nodded "I hope so."

Suga lightly pinched her cheek "I have to go now, I'm helping in making the lyrics for the new song."

"Bye." Jihye waved goodbye.

Soon, she was left alone in her cold and solitary hospital room *What if I really don’t make it? I'm realistic enough to know that I'm getting weaker by the day.*

 

The next day was Christmas day, and BTS had gotten the day off to spend time with their families then off to Jihye's hospital room.

"Hey Jihye noona~ I brought some of umma's cookies for you!" Jungkook held out a box of cookies to Jihye's face.

"Thanks, Kookie." She giggled weakly.

"He acts so innocent around her." Suga rolled his eyes and set out the table where the food will be on.

"RapMon and I bought you a gift." Jin showed Jihye a huge wrapped box that was half the size of his body.

"Thanks, Jin oppa and Namjoon oppa." She smiled at them warmly.

"Welcome. My mother also made me bring fruit salad." Rap Monster smiled back and put a bowl on the table.

"I brought you a scarf!" V proudly showed Jihye a yellow knit scarf with blue stars "I have one just like it, so we could be partners!"

Jihye chuckled and accepted the scarf, wearing it immediately "That's so sweet. Thanks Taehyung oppa."

He beamed back and made his way to the couch.

"You got thinner." Was the first thing Jimin said, making Jihye frown. "I got you a gift, you can open it later."

"Thanks." She mumbled, keeping her gaze away.

Jimin nodded and sat beside V.

"So, let’s celebrate Christmas, shall we?" Suga clasped his hands together with an excited smile. "Dig in, guys. Since I know that's one of the main reasons you came here."

The BTS members took their plates and ate the food after thanking. Suga sat beside Jihye the whole time, feeding her with only the healthy foods. The others were telling stories around Jihye's bed, laughing and being happy.

"This is our first Christmas with Jihye, right?" Namjoon asked as a toast.

"Because she was studying in America before." Suga informed.

"Right! Let's toast to Jihye's health. As her brother, friend, pretend parent-" there was laughter in the room "and simply as people who love her." Namjoon eyed Jimin who was looking elsewhere.

Jihye chuckled when she suddenly stiffened.

"What's wrong?" Hoseok was first to react. "What-"

Her heart monitor started to act strange.

"Press the emergency button! NOW!" Suga yelled before facing Jihye who was pale and  started to close her eyes. "Stay awake, please. Stay awake, Jihye. Keep your eyes open. You can’t sleep yet, it's not the time! It's too early, don't sleep yet."

Suga whispered to her and held her hand tightly "Not yet. Not yet. Please... not yet, Jihye. I swear I won’t forgive you! STAY AWAKE!"

Nurses pushed through the hospital and immediately ran to Jihye's bed, pushing her to the Emergency Room. Leaving the scarf on the cold hospital room floor.

Suga and Jimin tried to go inside, but male nurses prevented them. "The doctors don't need distractions. Please wait here."

"HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT ME TO SIT HERE AND WAIT WHEN MY SISTER COULD BE DYING! YOU PEOPLE TOLD ME SHE STILL HAD MONTHS, WHY IS SHE IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM NOW, FIGHTING FOR HER LIFE?!" Suga yelled at the male nurse who seemed unfazed.

"Hyung... She'll be alright. Right? Please tell me she'll be alright..." Jimin sobbed.

Suga coldly stared at Jimin, not saying anything.

"She's fine. She's going to be. All we could do is hope for the best, yelling at nurses won’t get you anywhere." Rap Monster squeezed their shoulders and made them sit down.

All of them held each other’s hands, and prayed for the best.  The scarf, on Taehyungs hand, squeezed between his and Jin's hand in prayer.