Strawberry Ice cream

Hot Summer's Day

"It's too hot Chanyeol!"

 

Baekhyun complains, shrugging off his black shirt and tossing it on Chanyeol's bed, before plopping down next to it.

 

It's a bright summer morning and they're stuck inside Chanyeol's room, doing a boring chemistry homework, sweating their y bodies out. Not being a rich kid like Baekhyun, Chanyeol can't afford to buy himself an air-conditioning unit or maybe even a stand fan to fight the heat.

 

"I'm sorry princess, this poor guy has no ability to buy you air-condition; It was your idea to come in here anyway." Chanyeol says sarcastically, emphasizing on the “endearment”, not lifting his eyes from his book, and misses the beautiful sight sprawling itself on the bed.

 

Baekhyun pouts and throws a pillow on Chanyeol's back. "You giant, you should’ve warned me!”
 

Chanyeol turns, and almost chokes on his saliva when his gaze lands on Baekhyun's half body. Why is he half-? When did he take off his shirt? Dark eyes travelled across the milky-white skin of Baekhyun’s torso. Realizing that he’s doing something really stupid, he clears his throat and tries to avert his eyes away.

 

Swallowing hard, he picks the pillow on the floor and throws it back at Baekhyun. Why does that little devil have to be so seductive every time?

 

"Shut up and do your task, Baekhyun."

 

He covers the shaking in his voice. Actually, he tries too hard to fight the urge of attacking Baekhyun and kiss the guy senseless. No. That's just plain wrong. You can't just kiss your classmate – well, he is Chanyeol’s crush ever since university begins so it should be classmate and crush -, and tell yourself its okay because his lips are plump and pink. No. That’s not even a valid reason. Just, No. Chanyeol will not have that .

 

Turning back to his books, Chanyeol tries to steady himself and focus on the word problems their Chemistry teacher tells them to answer. Things are not easy. Not when the sun is so high up in the sky, merciless and unforgiving, warming everything under his gaze. Things are not easy, when Byun Baekhyun, his beautiful, chatterbox classmate, won't stop blabbering about how pathetic Chanyeol's room is.

Dark and eerie, Baekhyun shivers as he tells how the hallways of Chanyeol’s apartment scare the out of him. He goes on and on about how he basically hears Chanyeol’s neighbors making out from the next room because the walls are so thin. He adds, “Why do you even stay here Park Chanyeol? What if some ghost assassin comes in and takes you away from me?”

Chanyeol tries to ignore Baekhyun and fights the giddy feeling building inside him, so he stays silent. Baekhyun is always like that. He sputters words without knowing how it affects the other person. Well, okay. Baekhyun is not like that to everybody, only to Chanyeol. Maybe it’s because Chanyeol thinks differently than anybody else because when it comes to Baekhyun, he goes dumb.

 

Things are really, really not easy, when Byun Baekhyun, as hot as he is already, lays on Chanyeol's bed, half . No. That's just plain hard right? Hard as the stones supporting the Great Wall of China.
 

And yes. Chanyeol can feel the hardness of it. Between his legs.

 

He checks up on Baekhyun, only to fall from his seat, when his gaze is met by Baekhyun's face. He is sure their noses touched before he fell.

 

", what are you doing, Baek?!" He picks himself up and fixes the glasses perched on the bridge of his nose.

 

The sound of Baekhyun's laughter echoed inside the small room, and Chanyeol feels warmer inside. That is just simply unnecessary.

  

"Park Chanyeol, you should've seen your face!" Baekhyun mimics the way Chanyeol looked when he fell, eyes wide, mouth wide open, and arms flailing as he tries to balance himself.

 

"Hah! Laugh all you want." Chanyeol pretends to be upset about it, not minding how cute Baekhyun looks right now. He picks up his pen and tries to scribble on his notes again.

 

"Buy me ice cream please." Baekhyun requests. "You lock me here inside your room all to yourself, and you don’t give me any reward."

 

Chanyeol keeps a straight face despite the inner struggles of suppressing his feels. He interprets the words so maliciously. Oh, Park Chanyeol. You are screwed.

 

"I'm not keeping you all to myself Byun Baekhyun." He wipes the sweat that trickles down his cheeks.

 

"Oh yes you are, mister. Despite the hotness of the weather, you still choose to keep this hot thing beside you."

 

"Please shut up, i'm trying to concentrate."

 

"Oooohh~ I knew I was a distraction."

 

Chanyeol panics. What if Baekhyun sees through him, and his little crush thing?

 

"Buy me ice cream, Chanyeol, please." Baekhyun clasps his hands in request and shows Chanyeol his ultimate aegyo weapon, the puppy eyes.

 

Chanyeol sighs in surrender. Who could ever say no to a puppy-eyed, Baekhyun? No one. Simply, no.

 "Okay."

 

He stands up and goes to the cabinet to grab his wallet. "You stay here." Pointing to Baekhyun, he says the words with finality.

 

Baekhyun smiles widely and sits on the edge of the bed, feet swaying back and forth in anticipation.

Chanyeol makes a mental note to himself, practice more self-control.


"I will Chanyeol-ssi. I won't let anyone but you see my y side." Baekhyun grins, his lips forming a rectangular shape, looking so innocent. Innocently Deadly.

 

What the ? Is Baekhyun trying to flirt with him? Don’t get your hopes up, dumb-oh. Wake up. Byun Baekhyun's way out of your league. Why would he flirt with you?

 

Chanyeol steps outside and takes a deep breath, feeling like he missed the air so much. It's like he forgets to breathe whenever Baekhyun is around him.

 

He reaches the ice cream shop, and goes to the counter to order. Suddenly realizing he doesn't know what flavor Baekhyun likes, he fished out his phone. Unfortunately, it isn't there. He remembers it lying on his study table.

 

Sighing again, because Baekhyun just manages to make him lose his mind every time, he settles for the flavor which he thinks suits Baekhyun appropriately. Strawberry.

 

What? It suits Baekhyun because it's sweet, don't you think? Well. That's what Chanyeol thinks, so...

 

After paying for his sweet treats, he hurries back to his apartment.

 

As he enters the building, the silence ensues. His neighborhood had always been like this, peaceful and silent, despite the reeking smell of alcohol and poverty lingering in the air.

 

He reaches his door.

 

He hears a muffled voice coming from his apartment.

 

He presses his ears on his wooden door to hear more clearly, "what's up with this guy?"

 

"Park Chanyeol, I've always wanted to tell you this. You are the sun to my dark sky, the moon that brings me high tide and the wings that make me fly high"

 

A groan. "Eww. That's so cheesy Baekhyun. He's going to run away. Ugh" The small guy scolds himself.

 

 

Chanyeol feels his heart race. He can't believe what he's hearing.

 

"Park Chanyeol," Baekhyun clears his throat. "I really like you. And Uhh..."

 

That’s all he needs to hear and the next second, Chanyeol pushes the door open and attack Baekhyun with a bone-melting-kiss. He's waited for so long and now, hearing Baekhyun's not-really-confessing confession, he just let all his guards down and kisses Baekhyun with all he's got.

 

The kiss is broken, both of them gasping for air, lips red and assaulted. 

 

"Wh- Why did you kiss me Chanyeol?" Baekhyun lowers his gaze to the floor, face flushing red in embarrassment. “Oh my gosh. Did you by any chance hear m- my m- monologue?” he stutters.

“Oh. I didn’t. I only heard the first part up to the last.” Chanyeol chuckles.

“But, I was only practicing my lines for the play.” Baekhyun looks as if he’s about to cry.

The statement registers into Chanyeol’s brain almost instantly. He wants to melt on the floor like the ice cream on his hands. Why the did he kiss Baekhyun?

“I- I’m sorry Baek.” He stutters and slumps down on his bed. “Really, I just thought. Uhm. You know. Maybe, you like me, too. Just like how I like you. . Really. I’m so sorry, Baekhyun. Urgh.” Chanyeol groans and lets his head fall into his pillow.

There is an eerie silence hanging in the air. Eerie, if not awkward.

Baekhyun starts wheezing and Chanyeol thought the small guy is crying. Lifting a worried gaze from his pillow, he turns to Baekhyun, only to find the beautiful brunet laughing silently. Shoulders shaking violently as he tries to stop his voice from coming out of his mouth.

“Oh, Park Chanyeol! You are so adorable!” Baekhyun gushes and scoots over to where Chanyeol sits dumbfounded. “Of course, I like you so much! You dumb, giant. In fact, I like you so much that I think I love you!” Baekhyun throws his arms around Chanyeol’s neck and straddles his lap. He pecks Chanyeol’s lips. “I sent you out so I could practice. The suddenly you barge in and kiss me. How dare you?!” he laughs and kisses Chanyeol again.

Chanyeol’s smile reaches up to his ears. Wrapping his long arms around Baekhyun’s waist, as the older sits in his lap, facing him, Chanyeol retorted, “I love you too, Baek” before owning the smaller guy’s lips again.

You know where it goes next since they’re already on the bed so I will not tell you anymore. All I know is that the strawberry ice cream is yummy and it’s such a waste they left it lying on the floor. Oh well, for Chanyeol, Baekhyun tastes better than any food in this world, and I know Baekhyun feels the same way. 

-fin-