Seoul Tower

Lock Your Love

”Lock Your Love”

You regard him from a distance with a happy smile on your face. Sehun is standing waiting there by the corner for you, just as he promised, and the mere sight of him makes the butterflies in your stomach go crazy. His bleached blond hair, that big grey coat, and that distant look on his face as he hides his slightly dissymmetrical jaw in his red scarf. He´s perfect in your eyes and you´re so happy you can call him your boyfriend.

A happy laugh leaves your lips. Snow is falling around you, and some flakes get stuck in your hair, as you run over to him.

“Hey…” Sehun´s eyes light up as he spots you and that distant look vanishes.

His slightly crooked smile warms you, and you return his gesture with a gentle smile of your own. Because of your nervousness, you can´t help but laugh a bit. Sehun gives you a look, with the smile still on his lips. He offers you his arm, and you take it.

You´re a student at an art school down town, and your dream is to have your own studio and make a living out of painting. You met Sehun one day when he was forced by his friend to go to an exhibition you too part in. At first you thought he was a cold guy, but you warmed up to one another rather quickly. It was Sehun who said he wanted to date you, and you didn´t find a reason to reject him. Your curiosity made you date him, and you haven´t regretted it once so far.

“Where are we going?” You ask him.

“You´ll see.” Sehun grins at you, enjoying keeping you in the dark.

You give him a pout, but laughs. You´re really excited. The two of you talk about everything and nothing as you walk through Myeong-dong, and onwards. The scent of street-food catches your attention and you buy yourself and Sehun some spicy rice-cakes. It´s perfect for a cold winter day. Your voice echoes between the buildings as you do most of the talking, but Sehun seems content just by listening. He takes your hand after commenting that you forgot your gloves as always, and your cheeks turn red.

“I didn’t forget them.” You pout.

“…You just wanted me to keep your hands warm for you?”

“Bingo!” You laugh merrily.

He smiles to himself as he gives your hand a gentle squeeze. You can´t stop smiling, although your cheeks are already aching from smiling a lot already. You´re just so happy. As you continue waling, you´re slowly starting to realize where you are actually going.

“Soeul Tower?” You ask him wide-eyed as you spot the cable car.

Sehun smiles at you, as he pays for your ride. “I bought us a lock.” Sehun tells you, and you can see a hint of a blush on his cheeks.

“Wow!” You beam at him.

You cling to his arm with joy as you wait in line to get on the cable car. Sehun seems content with himself because his plans are going well. It´s your first Christmas date, so he wanted to make it a memory you wouldn´t forget. You´re so excited. You´ve never gone to the tower before, but you´ve heard that it´s the nr 1 spot for lovers around Christmas.

The cable car starts moving slowly, and the two of you are glued to the glass window. You´re already high up. Your eyes seem to sparkle as you take all of it in. You´re really excited. All your friends are talking about how nice it´d be to do to Seoul Tower with your boyfriend. They compared it to a similar thing in Paris, where couples “lock their love” to a bridge so it´ll be eternal.  However, in South Korea, it´s a tower instead of a bridge.

As you get there, Sehun also pays for your tickets to go up the tower as well. When you go on dates, Sehun is always kind, but he´s exceptionally gentle today.

 “You´re the best!!” You cheer excitedly as you get into the elevator.

Sehun seems to feel a bit embarrassed, but he smiles happily to himself. You feel how your ears start to hurt a bit when you go up, but you don´t complain, but tries to make it go away by swallowing. Sehun regards you, and laughs. You must have made a funny face, or something.

The view is fantastic. You can see almost all of Seoul from the top of the tower. As you stand there and look through the window, Sehun takes your hand again. He´s a bit quiet but you enjoy the closeness with him as he stands behind you. You feel completely content and a happy sigh leaves your lips. It seems as if he really treasures you. Your cheeks turn red, and you want to hide a little. You´re usually not this shy… but you´re just so happy.

Sehun takes the lead as you walk around to look at Seoul, and the two of you buys a few souvenirs for your family and friends. You found a pair of really cute magnets. It´ll become a nice memory for you.

“Let´s write our messages.” Sehun suggests after a while.

You nod, and follow him to a bench. Sehun shows you the heart shaped lock and you make an impressed sound. He also prepared a pen.

“Don´t look.” Sehun tells you, as he writes on his side of the lock.

“I won´t!” You tell him, although you steal glances at it discreetly.

You´re really curious what he´s writing, but you can´t get a good glimpse of it. You pout.

“Here, your turn.” He gives it to you. “Hey don´t look!”

“I said I won’t!”  You pout again.

You focus on your message, as you try to express how thankful you are for meeting Sehun and just how much in love you are. It makes you blush. Sehun regards you silently, with a gentle expression on his face. Since you met Sehun, your way of expressing yourself through your art has improved a lot. Your teacher said your drawings had become more gentle, and warmer.  Being lost in your own thoughts, you flinch a bit as you realize that Sehun is quite close to you: staring at your face.

“W-what?” You ask him.

“Nothing.” He murmurs, as he looks away and stretches awkwardly.

You give him a suspicious glance, before you return to your message. A smile spread on your face. “I´m done!”

“Ok, let´s go down, and put it somewhere nice.” He pushes himself up  from the bench.

The two of you moves down again, and you´re instantly surrounded by a lot of couples. The fences that keep people from falling down are covered with colorful locks. After a while of walking around, Sehun picks a spot.

“How about here?” He asks.

You look at Sehun in silence. Your heart his beating quickly. This kind of thing only happens in dramas, you think, and it´s unreal that your boyfriend actually wanted to do it. He planned it all for you.

“…Okay.” Your excitement can be heard.

Sehun looks at you for a moment before he locks it to the fence. A metallic sound can be heard, and it´s done.  A smile spread on his lips, as you clap your hands in joy. You look at you’re and Sehun´s lock for a long time, but as you are about to tell Sehun something he kisses you suddenly, and you turn quiet. He pushes you gently but firmly against the fence, as he traps you in his arms. Your eyes flutter close, as you lean onto him to return the loving gesture.

An older couple smiles as they walk buy, murmuring about how nice it´s to be young.

You blush furiously, and you hide your face in the crook of Sehun´s neck. He holds you close, even after the kiss ended.

 “Let´s stay together…” Sehun murmurs softly into your hair.

The word forever seems to linger in the air, and you can´t help but chuckle to yourself in bliss. Your cheeks flush red. “Yeah…” You hug him. Today has been your best date ever.

“Let´s go…” Sehun tells you.

“Wait, I haven´t read your message yet.” You complain.

“There´s no need to!” Sehun blushes, as he takes your hand, and tries to pull you away.

“Why?” You look at him with a frown.

You regard him in silence, and although he´s not looking at you, you can see how much he´s blushing because his ears are slowly turning redder. You can´t help but smile. He´s nervous, just like you.

Sehun turns silent but then he whispers.  “I simply wrote I love you and since we´ll be dating for a long time, I´ll say it a lot in the future as well. There´s no need for you to read that message.”

You chuckle at him as you squeeze his hand. “Okay.”