WARD 12

He and She
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARD 12

In the past three days, Nichkhun has been busy arranging things for the clinic. It was temporarily closed as he ordered a medical van of the medical center to stay in the community in order to cater the health related needs of the people while he is in the process of taking care of the clinic.

 

Another thing that matters in him is Victoria. Krystal talked to him and told him about Victoria’s plan of resigning as Nichkhun confirmed that Victoria told him that the day Dr. Hwan was brought to the hospital. At first Krystal got angry at him but eventually gave in after saying that she knows everything is going to be well between him and Victoria.

 

“Dr. Khun, Dr. Taec calls you to the conference room.” Said one of the nurse that passed by him while he was in the nurse’s station.

“Oh… okay.” Nichkhun replied as he nodded. He suddenly got curious why Taec would call him.

 

 

 

-

 

“Oh Khun, just on time.” Taec said upon his entrance. His eyes widen upon seeing Victoria, Suzy and someone who seemed to be a doctor was inside the room.

“What is it Taec?” Khun asked as he sat on the chair just across Victoria.

“This is patient Ohn Na Won, she’s eleven years old and is suffering a heart disease.” Taec said as a picture of a girl was projected, as well as in their own screens.

“I am Dr. Park Min Kyo, NaWon’s pediatrician. She’s been diagnosed with a con heart disease. We treated it with medications and she was able to live a normal life, not until she reached ten when she started to experience chest pains and difficulty in breathing. That’s when I had her undergo several tests just to find out that the disease is worsening by time. On her eleventh birthday, she was found inside her room having an attack that’s why she was immediately brought here as they immediately called me.” The doctor that was with them started to tell them the background.

 

“I conducted several tests on her, blood tests, x-ray of the chest, ECG and Echocardiogram and those are the following results.” Suzy then showed them the results which made Victoria feel a bit worried.

“The condition of her heart through the echocardiogram seemed to have worsened if we’ll compare it to the one they got a year ago.” Victoria commented as she opens the results from last year.

“Her blood tests are not giving any positive signs too… have we let her take Warfarin(drug that prevent blood clot)?” Nichkhun asked.

“After seeing the result and consulting Dr. Min Kyo I immediately had her take it.” Suzy replied.

“If matters go worst, we might never know what will happen next and I’m suggesting a open-heart surgery to repair the complex defects, patch the holes and conduct thorough surgery on her arteries and valves. I believe that heart transplant is not an option in here. The child has a wider future ahead of her.  Have talked to her parents and they insisted to do anything for her.” Taec suggested as Dr. Min Kyo and Suzy nodded.

“And you want us to perform the surgery?” Khun finally got Taec’s point as Victoria lifted her head from looking down on her screen.

Taec nodded.

“I believe that the two of you would be good partners for this. Khun, Victoria is one of the greatest general surgeons here in the medical center and I believe that you should be back to the work that you’ve actually pledge to do.” Taec replied.

“But Dr. Kyo can conduct it with him.” Victoria suddenly suggested which made Suzy raise a brow.

“Why? Wouldn’t you want to team up with your husband?” Suzy asked which just made Victoria turn away her look from them.

“Taec-“

“It is settled Dr. Khun, we’ll be scheduling the operation once everything is ready, we have to observe the patient for the next 24-48 hours.” Taec cut him off as he shut off the projector.

 

“Dr. Victoria, Dr. Khun, I would put my trust on you for the little angel. Please do look after her for I believe that she will still become a great doctor someday, that’s Na Won’s dream.” Dr. Min Kyo said as she gave them her respect. Na Won has been too close to her heart as she even considered it as her own child after being her doctor since birth.

 

 

 

-

 

“If we’ll check on the heart ultrasound she had last month and compare it to the one recently, changes in her valves is fast.” Nichkhun said as he continued to browse on different results… but eventually didn’t get any response from Victoria who was also busy herself.

They are now inside the house, working on the dining table. Books, laptops, results and other resources were all scattered in table.

“Victoria, please.” Nichkhun finally gave up. Her cold treatment is not okay for him now. He’s been like talking to the air since they started to settle earlier. When they were still in the hospital, Nichkhun suggested that they can just work on the dining table just like what Victoria did before. Victoria just nodded in response.

 

“What?”

 

“If you’re mad at me, if it’s because of our problem and this situation, let’s attend on that later. Now let’s focus on being professionals and set things straight for the kid.” Nichkhun said as he stared at Victoria, trying to get her look. Victoria has managed to do an eye contact on him but immediately looked away.

Nichkhun just stared at her before looking back into what he was reading. He’s actually trying to refresh his mind with what they are going to do when the surgery is scheduled. Since it would be his comeback in doing surgeries, he’s a bit nervous.

 

 

-

 

“Na Won how are you feeling?” Victoria asked with a warm smile. The kid is scheduled for the operation the next day.

“I’m fine doctor, you are going to do the operation right?” Na Won replied with a pale smile. Victoria nodded.

“I also heard that you are doing it with your husband.” Na Won added which just again, made Victoria nodded.

“You are so beautiful doctor; I want to be like you when I grow up.” Na Won said which made Victoria smile. She has this aura that can lighten up the mood, Victoria now knows why Dr. Min Kyo loves her so much.

 

“I believe that Na Won will become a beautiful doctor like Dr. Victoria when she grows up.” Victoria was surprised when someone spoke from behind which made her turn around to see Nichkhun standing with a smile. He then took a few steps to reach Na Won’s bed.

“Hi doctor, are you the husband of Dr. Beautiful?” Na Won asked Nichkhun which surprised Victoria.

“What Dr. Beautiful?” Victoria butted in which made Nichkhun chuckle.

“You’re right Na Won, I am Dr. Beautiful’s husband.” Nichkhun replied as he glanced at Victoria wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter