01. Process

Airplane to Heaven

Byun Baekhyun's POV

 

'Once you're rejected, you're rejected and may not wait the next month to travel on.'

Once I heard that, my mouth dropped. Are they implying that if we aren't chosen, then we'd be going to H-E- double chopsticks?! Holy , things are getting real. 

'Only 50 will be chosen.'

The anonymous voice went on above our heads and I really just couldn't believe afterlife. 50? Are you kidding me? There's over 400 of us here, meaning 350 of us will be rejected! 

'To be chosen, you are judged in rounds. The first round is background check. Only 350 are able to pass. Please head over to the left wing of the building. The rules are no lies, no betrayal, no crime. Good luck to all, and see you in Heaven.'

So this is how my afterlife will end. Rejected to Heaven.

 


The afterlife is literally a survival ground. It's like Heaven is the brochure to a wonderful paradise, but when you call to book a spot, you have to go through all these extra transactions. It's almost as if applying for Harvard. Of all that are applying, only a selected to enter this high-class, expensive ground are allowed. 

No lies, no betrayal, no crime. 

Pretty simple, but it's proven that not everyone will try obeying this. 

-Flashback-

'Only 50 will be chosen. To be chosen, you are judged in rounds. The first round is background check. Only 350 are able to pass. Please head over to the left wing of the building. The rules are no lies, no betrayal, no crime. Good luck to all, and see you in Heaven.'

"WHAT?! YOU EXPECT ME TO FIGHT MY WAY TO HEAVEN?! WHAT IS THIS? A SCAM?! AREN'T WE DEAD? WHY CAN'T WE JUST-" A man abruptly stood up from the crowd, shouting. "ALL GO TO HEAVEN? WHAT'S SO SPECIAL THAT THERE'S ONLY A LIMITED NUMBER ALLOWED TO GO? I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS." He continued. 

All of a sudden mid-burly men dressed clad in white barged into the room from hidden doors in the walls. They pushed people out of their way mercilessly and took hold of the man, dragging him out. 

'Oh and by the way, no talking against the process or else you are also out.' The voice continued. 'Don't question the process.'

"What happened to the guy?" Someone bravely questioned.

'Unfortunately, he's out of the game. Well lucky you! All 399 left, each individual now has a better chance of landing in Heaven!

This isn't a scam, civilians. This is the afterlife.  You may call me Moses. I am the answer to all your questions, wherever you are from now on I will be here. 

As I was saying, good luck to all and see you in Heaven.'

All of a sudden, a scream was heard in the background.

It was the man from before.

-End-

Game. They called this a game. Is this a way of teasing us humans? 

Now I suddenly wished I didn't die.