CHAPTER 2: ORDER OF EVERYTHING

Black Beast

KRIS’ POV

She was running away from me; was running away as fast as she can.  She was barefoot and her waist-length black hair was whipping wildly from side to side.  I was horrified because her white dress was a mess: bloodstained and slightly ripped on the sides.  Despite the long legs I had, I couldn’t catch up.  She was pretty fast for a girl.  My legs continued to chase after her and she stopped at a cliff.  I slowed down and stopped and was supposed to ask “Who are you?” but it’s like my mouth had a brain on its own and it said, “Turn around!” I was surprised how cold it sounded.  After hearing my voice, she slowly turned toward me and suddenly the wind blew.  Her hair covered the half of her face and all I can see is her piercing blue eyes; eyes like glass and as clear as the ocean.  Just like my mouth, my hand automatically raised and I saw a gun, MY gun and I pointed it at her.  She stared at it and her piercing eyes looked at me which was filled with rage but she didn’t say anything.  My mouth moved again and shocked filled me the second I said it, “Die...” and gunshot filled my eardrums.

 

I woke up in a jolt and immediately fell from my bed, hit my head on the bedside table and I groaned in pain.  At the same time, somewhere under my bed, my alarm clock rang or my cellphone…

 

“YOU KNOW YOU GOT IT! YEAH~~”

 

I blew out a frustrated sigh.  *Not again* I thought.  I peeked under my bed and *BAM!* *I SWEAR TO GOD I COULD’VE DIED WITH A HEART ATTACK RIGHT NOW EXCEPT THAT I DIDN’T SO THANK YOU LORD* If you let me spell right now, I spell it as J-O-N-G-D-A-E.  Who in the world would want to wake up in the morning, finding out that you’re alarm clock is under the bed (or your phone whatever you may call it but I prefer ‘alarm clock’ since it serves as my alarm clock) and when you are about to search for it, there’s a grinning head under the bed waiting to greet you a “GOOD MORNING”, huh? =_= So in short, I hit my head again UNDER THE BED. “OW!” I screamed in pain.  “KIM JONGDAE! WHAT THE DRAGONS ARE YOU DOING DOWN THERE?! YOU SHOCKED ME!”

“What a way to start my morning, you’re too loud Kris-hyung.”  The man named Kim Jongdae went out from under my bed.  He had high cheekbones and was smiling from ear to ear.  He was still in his pajamas and loose shirt and seeing his hair is still disheveled, it only shows that he just got up from bed.  He held up his right hand where he was holding my phone which was still ringing.

 

*Neon nareul wonhae neon naege ppajyeo neon naege michyeo Hae eo nalsu eopseo* “I was also looking for your phone hyung.” He immediately slid the button and the music stopped.  “And it’s damn loud! Why does it have to be on Changmin-hyung’s high note?” He flinched mockingly and he threw the phone to me.  I caught it and said, “Because I can wake up immediately when that part is ringing and my phone rang seconds after I woke up, did you teleport under my bed?” I looked at him suspiciously.

 

“No, actually, I was surprised myself that I woke up under your bed.” He chuckled.  I just stared at him and he threw a pillow at my face.  “What? That’s my sleeping habit and I’ll go shower first.”  He said and he took a towel.  He was about to enter the bathroom when he stopped and turned toward me, “Oh hyung, I heard you mutter something while you were asleep.  I was groggy at that time so I didn’t get the whole sentence but I heard you repeated something…”

 

I froze and immediately prayed that I didn’t say ‘Die!’ Jondgae would think I’m a psychopath or something.  “What did I say?”

 

“Hmmm…” He tapped his chin thoughtfully and said, “Thirteen? Oh yes, thirteen.  I’ll go shower now hyung, we have a practice later so be ready.” And he went to the bathroom immediately.  I sighed in relief and collapsed on my bed.  *Thirteen? Why thirteen?*

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

HUNTER’S POV

I looked out of the window of the car and was amazed at the sight of the city in Korea, Seoul.  Why am I here in Korea?

 

*FLASHBACK*

“That you are the Black Beast of the Order…”

I was utterly shocked.  I didn’t know what to say.  I was supposed to be a secret; the unknown and highly confidential (at least that’s what the Order told me) member of the Order.  Only the master and my fellow members like me knew about me.  He must’ve seen the shock look on my face because he chuckled.  I immediately composed myself.  I didn’t want them to read me like an open book.

”Yes, I know you are the secret member of the order but only me and James knows about you.  Actually, James found out about you and just told me about it.”

His friend, James, just smirked.

“But even before, he’s not that fond about you.” Mr. Soo Man said.

James scowled, “I told you she’s dangerous.”

“How did you know about me?” I blurted out turning my attention to James.

He flinched and became uncomfortable.  I was waiting for his answer but Mr. Lee Soo Man cleared his throat.

“Actually, it’s getting late, we should go back James, we still need to go back to Korea because in 2 days, my boys will be debuting.” He smiled and James nodded.

“Wait, Korea? Debuting? Boys? And what’s with the ‘WE’?” I asked in one breathe.

Mr. Lee Soo Man just smiled and answered, “Yes, WE are going to Korea, and that includes you.”

*END OF FLASHBACK*

So, yeah, here I am in Korea… Actually here I am inside the car and we’re passing by different stores of Korea.  I was kind of amazed by the lights but I have a difficult time reading the names of the stores because it’s in Korean letters.  I dedicated my whole life training as a killing machine, do I have time to study other languages?

“It’s in Hangeul that’s why you can’t easily read it.” James said immediately.  He must’ve seen that I was trying hard to read the name of the stores.  I looked at him and said, “Wow, the first time you didn’t scowl at me.” “I—“ He was about to say something but I immediately cut him off, “Where did Mr. Lee Soo Man go? Why did he left so early?” and I turned my head back outside.  After arriving here, Mr. Lee Soo Man had hurried off somewhere so he didn’t have time explaining it to us or to me specifically.

He was silent for a moment before answering me with a sigh, “You see, Mr. Soo Man is not just an ordinary businessman, he’s the owner of SM Entertainment, who produces KPOP stars or idols and does not only concentrate them on Korea, but let them be known globally, and now the reason why he hurriedly sped off to somewhere is because there are 12 boys that are about to debut and he needs to go to the showcase.  I think it’s April 8, 2012 right now.”

“Oh.” That was all I could say.  For me who grew up in States and not knowing about Hollywood and entertainment, how could I even possibly know about KPOP stuff and all? I just nodded and focused my gaze outside.

“How did you two became friends?” I asked after how many minutes of silence.

“Uhm, it started---“ but he wasn’t able to finish because there was a *BAM!*.  The sound came from above the car and the car immediately stopped.

“What the…?!” James exclaimed beside me.

“I think there’s something that hit the roof of the car sir,” the driver said to James.

But ‘something’ is not the correct term, SOMEONE had hit the roof of the car and I know who it is.  My eyes narrowed dangerously and became hard and cold just like everytime I sense trouble.

“What do you mean by something---“ But James was immediately cut off when the culprit hopped down and decided to land in front of the windshield.

“HOLY---“ but I didn’t hear the next set of words James said because I was out the microsecond after he looked at me with those piercing green eyes, the symbol of the sword engraved on his forehead that shown brightly.  I slammed the car door shut.

He hopped down gracefully from the car and turned to face me.  He still wore the same clothes that I remembered; a long-sleeve black shirt with matching black pants and black boots and I can see the belt where he puts his weapon.  His black hair is at its disarrayed state but like I’ve known him, he doesn’t care a little bit about it.  He was looking at me with those green eyes that would have scared the crap out of other people but unfortunately for him, it didn’t affect me.

“Hello leader,” I greeted him with a monotone voice and clutched my necklace which I called ‘Archer’. “It has been a long time actually.”

He didn’t give any response but instead took out his weapon; his precious sword and pointed it at me while giving me death glares.

“Hunter, I was given orders from the master,” He tilted his head on the side and continued, “You are sentenced to death because with the talents that you possess, you pose a danger not only to the order but at the same time to the society.  Therefore, with this sword I will kill you.”

I stared at him and smirked, “Kill me leader? Really? Or should I say Mark.  Sorry Mark, but that’s not on my vocabulary.”

He gripped his sword tightly, bent his knees and pounced at me and at the same time, I ripped Archer out of my neck and shouted, “Jupiter!” and immediately my necklace turned into a gun.

 

 

 

Author’s note: *Author-nim signing-in* After how many centuries, I’ve updated the story *YEHEY!* Sorry guys it took a long time but I hope you like this chapter :D Chapter 3 to be posted soon XD *Author-nim signing-off*