CHAPTER 1: RUMOUR HAS IT!

Black Beast

I can hear voices but I was too tired to open my eyes let alone move my damn muscles…

My mind was working very slowly and it was taking time to process everything in, I just heard the voices but didn’t understand a single thing… I just continued to listen and was about to find my way back to dreamland when…

“…Jin, she was murmuring the name Jin all the time…” a voice said.

*WAS I? NO WAIT…* Slowly everything came back to me, like a film being flashed part-by-part…

“…she keeps on saying the name like she was in pain but you saw the number on her forehead! She’s dangerous…” another voice argued back.  Two males, that I could identify, and they were arguing something.  *Most likely it’s about me* I inwardly sighed.

“You saw her condition! She was dying.” The other continued to argue but I can tell that he has a different accent.

“Then we should’ve let her die! The number on her forehead isn’t just an ordinary number! She’s a killing machine! You know what she’s capable of! We don’t know but maybe she killed the boy!”

Then everything clicked into place, the fight, the blood, the pain, HIS face… I opened my eyes and slowly looked around my surroundings.

*Bright, so bright!* that was my first impression.  I refocused my attention to other things… I was in a small room: simple yet comfortable.  Sunshine filled the whole room and I knew I had to get up.  Sitting up, I scrunched up my nose because of the smell *Am I in the hospital?* then I saw a dextrose attached to me and immediately whipped my head to the bed side table and saw injections and antibiotics then it struck me.  *I must be in a hospital.  No wait, maybe just a clinic or something*.  Eventually the stench got to my nerves and believe me, it’s the last place where you want to sleep in.

Voices continued to argue outside the room and it’s giving me a headache so I took off the needle that was supposed to be connected to my dextrose and hopped down on my bed.  Slowly, I approached the door, blood dripping on the floor and I looked around, saw a cloth and immediately wrapped it around my hand so to stop the bleeding.

“…You are not making any sense! You saw her, how can she kill the boy? She was holding on to him!” the one with the different accent said sternly. After hearing his words, a wave of pain immediately cut through my heart and I had to hold the door knob to steady myself.

“Pssh! What if it’s a bluff? You’ll believe in her?” the other retorted back.

I listened for a while but couldn’t take it anymore.  I frowned.  I don’t want people talking behind my back, so I twisted open the door knob and yanked the door open.  Two pairs of shocked eyes suddenly focused on me and I would’ve have laughed with the expressions that they had but I stayed emotionless.  “Oh hello, you’re already awake?” the male that has a different accent told me or more like asked me.

“Of course she is! Can’t you see she’s standing and also had a nerve to yank the needle out of her hand?” the other guy irritatingly said.

“How long was I out?” I asked him in a hoarse voice and didn’t bother to clear my throat.

“100 years sleeping beauty and we were wondering already when to call your prince charming so he can kiss you awake…” he answered back.

I just continued to stare at him. 

“What?! Alright, you were out for 2 weeks! Can you not like stare at me like that? You’re giving me the creeps.” He continued.

But I continued to stare at him.  He was in a fine suit and was taller than the other one.  He was clearly in his mid-forties, with muddy brown eyes and jet black hair that messed around his head in cool fashion way but he was looking coldly at me now and I looked straightly back at him.  We had some sort of a mini-staring contest and the atmosphere around could have tensed even more if not for the…

*COUGH COUGH*

I broke out of my reverie and look at the source of the “cough” and it landed on the other man who was also wearing a fine suit and looked also in his mid-forties but he was an inch short than the other man.  I can tell that he was Asian, Korean I think? And unlike the other one, he kept his hair neat and clean and he had a genuine smile on his face.

“Sorry for that rude introduction, I hope that my friend here didn’t bother you at all…” he chuckled.

His friend scowled at me and frowned on the other way. He laughed lightly at the reaction of his friend.  I continued to stare at the Asian man because unlike the other, his eyes disappears whenever he smiles or chuckles; just like Jin… I thought… *What do they call it? Eye smile or something?* I must’ve stared at him blankly because he cleared his throat and said, “Mianhe or I mean I’m sorry.  My friend’s name here is James,” he gestured toward his friend who just scowled, for the nth time, in acknowledgement,” and my name is Lee Soo Man.  I’m from Korea and he’s from Canada.” He held out his hand toward me, “…and you are?”

I was taken aback by that sudden question, *WHO AM I? Should I tell him my real name or not?*

It probably took a long time because he was about to drop his hand when…

“Hunter…” I said in a hoarse voice and immediately cleared my throat. “My name’s Hunter.” I said more casually and shook his hand firmly.

He was surprised but collected himself quickly and smiled, “Hello Hunter! A strong name for a beautiful girl like you.” “See! It’s true!” His friend James, I think, blurted out suddenly.  “What’s true?” I asked surprised.  Mr. Lee Soo Man took the liberty of answering it, “That you are the BLACK BEAST of the Order.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I badly, greatly, dreadfully, urgently, frantically, desperately, irrevocably needed water right now.  I looked at the watch and it’s already 9 p.m.  We started our dance practice at around 8 a.m. and my water had already been drained an hour ago but for me it felt like it had been drained a thousand years ago.  My throat already felt like sand paper and every part of my body felt like rubber.  Sweat continued to trickle down all over my body as I did my dance moves and I swear my body would give up if this continues for the next 5 minutes.  But fortunately for me the dance instructor said, “Okay guys! Let’s call it a day! Good job! Everyone’s ready!” He smiled, patted our backs and went outside after that.  I immediately collapsed on the floor and took deep breathes so to calm myself down.  A water bottle was waved before me and I gratefully accepted it.  After how many gulps, I wiped my face using my hand and said to the man in front of me, “Thank you Zhang Yixing.”

The guy named Zhang Yixing, who was inches shorter than me and was wearing already his changed clothes underneath his jacket, smiled, showing his deep dimple and said to me,”You know, you should start calling me Lay, Yifan.” He chuckled, “In less than how many days we are going to debut already so you better start calling me by my stage name.” You heard it, and yes my name is Yifan; Wu Yifan is my complete name and in 2 days, people would recognize me as Kris onstage when we perform.

“I doubt that you would remember your own stage name Xing Xing.” I said to him jokingly.

He pouted and I laughed. I changed into my comfortable clothes, put my arms around his shoulders and together we went out of the dance studio, “I’ll try Lay but don’t ever scold me when I still call you Yixing because that’s what I’m used to calling you.”

“Whatever! Just because you are the leader it doesn’t mean that I can’t scold you in the future!” he said defiantly.

I continued to laugh and ruffled his hair, “See you tomorrow Zhang Yixing!” I said walking the other way after we went out of the SM Building.

“I said call me Lay! What’s with your memory Yifan?!” He shouted back.

“That should be my line gold fish! What’s with your memory? I am supposed to be Kris!” I smiled.

He stuck his tongue out at me and walked the other way.  I chuckled and sighed.

*My life would be different after I have my debut but at least I have 11 other guys who would be there for me*

I smiled and continued my way back home.

 

Author’s note: *Author-nim signing-in* Hello! Hello! Hello! So how’s chapter 1? Hahah XD Just comment down below if you are satisfied and Chapter 2 will be updated next week! Love you guyz *throws hearts* *Author-nim signing-off*