Prologue

Scarred Stars

The cool night's air caressed my face and I let out a rough, chilling chuckle. I loved the forest in times like this. It was silent, peaceful but somewhat deadly. Alarming hoots of owls could be heard that sent shivers down my spine, even if I had nothing to be afraid of. The sky was lit up by many stars that twinkled blissfully, obviously unaware of what I was planning to do.

I was going to be the one who would break the calm of the forest. I was going to be the one would destroy the silence bits by bits and mar everything with the screams of innocence. Somehow, I felt a little guilty but well, it was in my nature to kill and destroy. It hadn't always been like this, of course, a long time ago I would have never hunted in forests and left creatures or humans alone after feeding, but... The tables had turned. I was myself now, a ruthless predator and to some point, I enjoyed it.

The thick blood always tasted better when it came from unknowing victims. Like the sweetest traits that mothers at first don't let you eat because you wouldn't eat dinner if you put your hands on those cookies, or like stolen fruit that seems better than the one that grew in your own garden.

I saw something flicked in the air and laughed, cold voice breaking the gentle calm that, until that, had peacefully embraced the habitants of the vast forest. I heard a series of squeaks and whines, and could only laugh once again.

I was hoping to accidentally meet some homeless people or maybe, a lost child or two who hadn't find their way back home yet. I was going to offer help to them, and then suddenly, strike. I wouldn't let them die yet though, I would pull away when their heart would be beating quite quickly still.

I never dared to kill my preys anymore, because baby Kibum would have been angry at me. He might have been just a mere child still, but his eyes were hauntingly familiar to that of the real Kibum. They held the same color and depth, and even the same sparkles when he was given something he had wanted. But for a kid, he was surprisingly smart. He knew what I and his appaaa​ as he usually addressed Minho had to feed on in order to survive and he also was daring enough to tell us that he never ever ever wanted us to kill anyone.

Apparently, he was fine with us drinking blood, but not with other's dying for us. In some ways, he was just like Kibum had been. Cute and pretty small, but smart and oddly strong, too. Also, he always got what he wanted.

It was actually a little frightening.

But, somehow, even if he was now growing up surprisingly rapidly - being a shifter he spent around forty years as a tiny child, no one really understood why but we didn't care as long as he was healthy and blissful - I couldn't even think of not doing what he had begged for with those beautiful, beautiful eyes of his.

Maybe if he had shut them, I would have shrugged his request off.

But those orbs reminded me too much of those that I used to drown in so willingly.

I heard the rustling of wings and tensed. I knew that since I was in a forest, I would probably encounter a fairy or two but I still wished I wouldn't. I was afraid of how I would be able to look at those beautiful wings and flawless forms without recalling Kibum used to look like, smile or just breathe.

But something red seemed to light up the sky and from pure curiosity, I hurled a rock at it. I had developed an odd habit of hating everything that flew, and well, even if that thing up there was nothing but a bird, for some reason, I wanted to get rid of it.

I heard a choked yelp, the familiar sound immediately freezing my blood as I watched the creature land on the ground quite painfully. My heart, by that time, was hammering against my chest as fearful but incredibly familiar eyes were staring back into mine. 

I took a deep breath, then a step. My movements were slow and mechanic as I didn't have the strength to tear my gaze away from the beauty that was now sitting on the grass.

He was... he was utterly stunning. I felt speechless as I stared at him, crouching down next to him not much later.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked him quietly, guilt obviously lacing my voice. I felt old and new emotions swirl in my heart and deep down I already knew who he was. His scent that lingered in the air around him was exactly the same and his eyes too, were similarly shaped, although darker in color. His hair too, was much shorter which I was sure if I liked, I had been to used to seeing his blond locks glimmer in the sunshine.

"Are you okay?" He tilted his head to the side in a childish way, curiosity burning in his eyes. I wanted to just hug him right then, my arms were already itching to pull him close. My heart was hurting as memories flooded my mind, urging me to make sure that he was truly there. Somehow, a small part of me was screaming at me wildly, telling me that it wasn't him, my mind was just playing odd jokes at me, I had finally gone insane. I groaned to myself as I nodded a little to him and let my lips curl into a gentle smile at the amused glimpse in those bottomless, striking eyes.

"You took quite a fall..." I remarked quietly. Worry was already clouding my mind, mixing with guilt as I realized that I had been the one that had caused him to fall. Before I could have said anything else though, his slender warm fingers were brushing against my cheek. The simple touch sent pleasurable sparks to my heart and I felt incredibly blissful to have him back. I was too scared to even move for a few moments, fearing that he would disappear just as quickly as he arrived, well, fell from the sky."You look pretty," I continued, my eyes once again flying up to his crimson-colored hair. It was honestly an odd color to see on top of his head but I wasn't really complaining. He was alluring and gorgeous and just... inexplicably beautiful. I wished to tell him, wondering if he knew it too, but only stupid words seemed to slip out my mouth."Your hair is red though, seriously?"

His cheeks seemed to catch on fire from embarrassment probably as he rolled his eyes a little, a snarky reply obviously on the tip of his tongue already."It changes color, just for your information." He said. 

I loved his voice. It was a little higher than before, but just as musical and sweet as it had been. And his eyes twinkled playfully, showing that he didn't take my statement too badly. I laughed whole-heartedly, feeling like all those centuries of sufferings and trouble had suddenly ended and I was free. I knew that he didn't understand anything yet, even I had no idea about what was going on but I knew that he yearned for me just like I did, for him.

"Wow, snappy." I murmured quietly, the words escaping me more mockingly than I thought they would. He blushed even more and suddenly, I was leaning in, craving to press my lips against his.

Vaguely, I could see his eyes flutter close as everything else ceased to exist, the world seemed to only focus on the two of us. And then, I was kissing him and he was kissing back and I finally found my home...

But this time, I wasn't going to lose it.


AN: Well...this is the first chap. I had no idea what else to update and yeah. Um... hope you will share your opinion with me about it and... about the poster because I worked hard on both xD