Not Ready To Let Go

Not Ready To Let Go

 

They were both sitting on the bench, the same bench he pledged his heart on and swore to be hers forever. It makes sense to begin and end on the same place that held a lot of memories for the both of them.

"Im sorry. I tried to hold on to your hand.", he said his voice solemn.

She held her silence as she looked at the distance.

"Baby", he said, attempting to get a reply out of her.

The silence ensued. He wondered if he was making a mistake.

"I guess..", she started after awhile.

She took a deep breath, "This is the end of the road for the both of us huh Doojoon?"

"You cant fight for us?", she asked, her voice saddened by the realization of why her boyfriend of three years wanted to break up with her.

"I tried Jin Ri but..", he trailed off.

Unbeknownst to her, a tear had ran down his flawless face, his heart also in turmoil.

She refused to face him, afraid that shed break down and beg him not to leave her. She stood up, her eyes heavy.

"This is it then. Ill give you what you want.. Because I always want your happiness. Goodbye Doojoon..", she said, her back to him as she walked slowly, away from him.

Before she could get any farther away, he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him, embracing her, locking his hands around her, burying his nose in her hair.

She attempted to struggle as she felt the tears fall down her face, soaking his shirt. She was afraid to show him what she was feeling.

"Please", he pleaded.

"Lets stay like this for awhile. Let me hold you one last time before I have to let you go.", he croaked, his love for her choking him up.

"I promise I will come back to you. Once Ive finished this contract, once I am free I will come back to you.. Please promise me that you will wait for me.. Please..", he begged her, his voice sounding broken, rambling, not knowing how to stop his heart from breaking.

"I love you Doojoon but I dont know if I can keep that promise. I want to make that promise to you But..", she said hesitating.

He understood. He knew her story.

She loved him yes but whos to know whats down the road? He will become a superstar, adored and loved by many, surrounded by others who shine while she, she will continue to exist and live simply.

Shed been burned once and it almost killed her. She wasn't ready to get burned again.

"I want to be selfish Jin Ri. I want to let you go now but.. But I want to be able to come back to you.. Please Jin Ri". He knew he was asking for the impossible. But he was only a man, a man who was so in love with this woman in his arms but he couldnt hold on to her.

He was desperate.

And still so in love.

She disentangled herself from his arms. He reached out to her, wiping the tears on her face. She held his face in her hands, tears evident on his cheeks.

And she understood as she saw the pain in his eyes.

She understood why he had to do it.

She touched his nose with hers, kissed his lips softly, and whispered to him, "I love you.. You know that right?.. But I'm a coward Doojoon. I don't know if I can can take the pain if it doesn't end well. I'm tired of all the pains Doojoon. You understand me right? You will always be in my heart but youve made your decision so I will accept it. Were still young. Whos to say if we meet again five years from now? If its us then it will be us, now, tomorrow, or years from now.." Her hands squeezed his as she stayed close to him, eyes closed, feeling his heart beat together with hers.

It was painful but it had to be done. 

 


"Doojoon?", his friend waved his hand in front of his face seeing the spaced out look on Doojoon's face.

"Oh sorry man.. Just doing some thinking..", he heaved a deep sigh. "You were saying?", he turned to his friend and asked.

"Youre okay with me dating Jin Ri right?"

A beat.

His breathing slowed as he painfully smiled at his friend who was ignorant of the hurt his words has caused him.

"Please be a good boyfriend to her in place of me.", he breathed out, realizing that it was indeed time to move on.


Oh cant you see? Im still lovin you
My heart still cant seem to let you go







-----
lyrics CR: MNET (SOURCE); dujunseob@B2STRISING