shorter version for a contest

The Whisperer

A/N This is just a shorter version of the drabble because the contest i'm joining has a limit of 600 words. Don't read it if you've already read it, haha.


"It's okay, I'm here."

 
 
I was doing the laundry when the nurse from the hospital called.
 
"Your parents just passed away—" 
 
I wasn't even able to hear the rest of the sentence as I dropped the phone in shock.
 
I started to bawl my eyes out and I must say that I have never cried this way before. In fact, I rarely ever cried. I was someone who you would call 'The Emotionless Woman'. But the pain of losing your loved ones was so excruciating that I couldn't help it, I just broke down. I probably looked like a mad woman but it was not as if someone was there to see me weep. 
 
Man, how wrong I was. 
 
really thought I was insane at that moment when I heard his low, raspy voice. Creepy, I know, but I was too busy crying to even care. And for some reason, I felt as if I could see him. I pictured him as a tall guy wearing a long, white dress with huge wings behind his back and not forgetting the yellow halo above his head. 
 
Even though I was in great shock, I could still remember what he whispered. Four words. The four simple words that made me feel secured, which was exactly what I needed.
 
I was thankful for him, really. He was there—not literally, but you get what I mean—when no one else was. The people whom I spent my entire life with, were now gone. I have nobody now, I'm left alone.
 
No, wait, I had always been alone. I had no friends and most of my relatives were very distant. Though I hated feeling lonely, I could do nothing about it. I was born to be left out by everyone, I was born to be an outcast.
 
My heart had already became numb, stabbed with hurtful words i've heard since I was young. I don't know what kind of sins I have committed in my past life to deserve all the bullying from elementary school till high school. 
 
But because of them, I''ve become stronger. No matter what you say, I can take it. Even more after the expected departure of my parents, even though it was much earlier than I thought it would be.
 
But you know what? A plot twist happened, I'm not alone anymore. I never knew plot twists would exist in my life, since I was never a believer of anything. I always thought that miracles were nothing but a word while the bull fairytales were meant to deceive little children.
 
I guess miracles do happen; if you believe in them.
 
Although, I still couldn't believe that there was someone watching me at the moment and yet I couldn't doing the same thing. We, I mean I, was still sitting in an awkward position on the cold floor, with my broken phone a few feet away. My sobs were the only sound in the house and it was getting really awkward. 
 
I kept my head down, wondering what will happen the next few days, will I go into depression or will this angel stay by my side and help me overcome everything? I really don't know.
 
"I really don't know."
 
That wasn't me, it was him. Did he just read my mind? I turned around, trying to figure out which direction did the voice came from. I swear I heard a chuckle as well.
 
"Yes. I'm the Whisperer, the Angel, and the Mind-Reader. Don't worry, you'll never be alone again."

 

 

Word Count: 591 (including the quote above)