17.

Opposites Do Attract

In the middle of your moment with Hoya, Hyemi suddenly came out of nowhere.

"J-Juri-yah," a miserable and cheerless voice of Hyemi called you. You tilted your head to the right where Hyemi was, and you saw she had doctors with him. Your heart started thumping and you were out of words, but still you stood up and bowed.

"H-hello, doctor." You greeted and bowed your head. You saw the doctor with a stern, straight face, which made you even more nervous. You wanted to cry already.

"Are you daughter of Mr. Yoo Taepyeong?" the doctor asked.

You shook your head, "Y-yes, I am." You faced the doctor, "How's my Father? Is he already fine?"

As soon as you asked him, your eyes caught Hyemi's face. Her eyes were already sore but she covered her face with her sweatshirt, trying not to show her face to you.

You were trembling, there were things playing on your mind already, but you ignored all of it and thought of only one thing. My Father's fine.

The doctor lowered his head a bit and quivered it, he raised his head up right after. "M-Ms. Yoo," he placed his hand on your shoulder, "your Father didn't make it."

Hyemi howled and Hoya shed tears. All of your beliefs were true.

You placed your hand over your mouth and cried. "N-no, no! Tell me this isn't true. My father's okay! He's fine!"

"I-I'm sorry, Ms. Yoo. We did our best but he really didn't make it." The doctor answered.

You shouted, "What are you saying, doctor?! My Father's alright, I know that! He is strong! There's no way he couldn't make it. No way, no way…" your voice trailed off. Your tears started falling off again and you haven't control your balance and your dropped down.

The hallway was full of cries. You didn't know what to do. "Father's gone… My one and only companion is gone? My Father's gone?! No!" you thumped the floor with your hands and started yelling. Hoya hurried to you and held your arms but you removed it from his grip.

Hyemi went in front of the doctor, "Wasn't there anything you can do?" she asked in tears.

The doctor shook his head in disbelief, "We almost did everything. But there was an internal hemorrhage inside his brain. His skull is fragile that's why it was damaged completely. So we decided to place a drug to stop it from bleeding, but still, he didn't…survive."

You stood up and paced towards him, "Doctor, please show my Father to me." You alleged.

"B-But we c-"

"Just let me see my Father! You weren't even able to save him!" the doctor tilted his head down, "so please? Just let me see him for the last time?"

 

 

You decided to leave Hoya and Hyemi outside. The doctor brought you to a room, your Father's room.

The time you went inside at the small, lighted room, there was no man smiling and happily waiting for you. But instead, you saw a steel bed with a man lying, and a white sheet covering it.

"F-Father…" you walked slowly. Inch by inch you got closer, the weaker you got.

 "F-father… Father… why didn't you make it?" you bit your lip as you the side of the steel bed, "You said you can do anything right? You said you'll never leave me. Now… now you're… you're gone." You howled and you can tell it filled the whole room.

You placed your head on his chest and felt no heartbeat. You wrapped your arms around him and felt no movement. You could still smell the stink of the blood but you didn't care. It was your Father and you want to spend the last hours with him.

"Now you're gone, who will cook my lunch early in the morning? I'm not an early riser, though. Who will treat me samgyupsal and glass noodles when I got good grades? Who will I wait at the second block of Giant Building? And… who will be the one I'll be calling 'father' when I wake up in the morning and when I come home every evening?" you tilted your head up, "No one."

The nurses started to come in and brought your father's corpse out. You took your last look to him even though he was covered up.

Hyemi enclosed her arms around you, "Juri, let's go home. You need some rest."

You shook your head, "Father's not dead, Hyemi. I know he's not." You kept on chanting while holding her hands. "Hyemi, am I all alone now?"

"Don't say that, Juri. You have your friends! You have me and Hoya. Juri, I know it's hard. But every beginning has an end," she cupped your cheeks, "but always remember that every end has its own beginning, too."

She placed your head on her shoulders, "Hyemi-ssi, Father's now gone. He already arrived at his final destination."

Even though it's hard, Hyemi nodded sympathetically. "He's now in heaven, Juri. But I know he watches you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

IT'S WORTH CRYING FOR :(

 

 

Subscribe and comment  ♥♥