Insults

Insults

“Kiss me.”

Heechul learned towards Hankyung as the other watched as Donghae and Eunhyuk went over some simple dance steps with Yesung.

“No,” Hankyung responded simply, not even bothering to look over at the other boy sitting next to him on the bench.

“Why not?!”

“Not while I’m concentrating, Heechul.”

That familiar look of annoyance graced Heechul’s face.

“Not while I’m concentrating, Heechul. Not when I’m dancing, Heechul. Not when I’m cooking, Heechul. Not when I’m drinking, Heechul. Not when I’m sleeping, Heechul. Not in front of Siwon on Sundays, Heechul. Not while I’m teaching Wookie Chinese, Heechul. Not when we’re doing an interview, Heechul. Not onstage, Heechul. Not now, not then, not later, not ever, Heechul!” The older boy mimicked in a high-pitched voice.

Hankyung scooted down to the end of the bench with a load groan.

“Yah! My boyfriend’s a Chinese nun!” Heechul muttered loudly.

“I heard that, Heechul.”

“Good!” Heechul crossed his arms and stuck out his tongue in Hankyung’s direction.

“You can be so immature...” Hankyung muttered.

“At least my nose isn’t the size of the Great Wall!”

“At least my dancing doesn’t look like a squid’s.”

“Yah! You can’t even say ‘beijing fried rice’ right! What good are you?”

Heechul scooted closer to Hankyung.

“At least I can cook!”

“Mama’s boy!”

Another scoot.

“Old cat lady!”

“You look like you’re doing a bird mating call when you dance those traditional dances of yours, did you know? What? Can’t attract humans so you’ve moved on to winged creatures?”

Another scoot.

“Siwon says I’m too good for you. I think maybe he’s right.”

“YAH! Trying to make me jealous?!”

Heechul took one last scoot towards Hankyung. Now they were sitting, face-to-face, staring into each other’s eyes angrily.

“It’s working, isn’t it?!”

“I always knew you liked him! Don’t think I didn’t hear about you peeking at him while he showered! You’re such a ert.”

Their foreheads were almost touching, their faces were so close.

“You’re impossible! I don’t even know why I put up with you. You can be such-”

Heechul’s hand grabbed the back of Hankyung’s head as he smashed their lips together.

Hankyung forgot about being angry as he melted into the kiss.

Letting go of Hankyung, Heechul pulled back and grinned mischievously.

“See? That wasn’t so bad, now, was it? All I wanted was a kiss, but no, you make things so difficult that I have to find alternative ways to get what I want.”

Hankyung slapped Heechul lightly on the shoulder. “I hate you.”

“I love you, too.”