#2: Sunset Kiss

Life, Love, and Hope.

It only takes on brave move to fix it all.

 

Sunset Kiss-

***

 

The ride on the car was entirely silent. All daehyun could hear was the older’s  steady breathing and his own. He watched the trees on the road side motioning backwards as if those trees were the one who were moving.

Silence filled  the car. If you think the silence was awkward then you’re totally wrong. Daehyun didn’t think he has an awkward relationship with yongguk, he never thought of that. It’s just that they found comfort in silence. They’re contented by just having each other’s presence. But something was lacking, at least in daehyun’s mind, lacking of affection.

Time passed swiftly and they finally arrived at their destination.  Yongguk turned off the engine and got out the car. Daehyun too, not wanting to be left behind. He got his bag pack and followed behind yongguk.

The beach had always been daehyun’s favorite place as he was raised in that kind of environment. The scenery was idyllic and pleasant. Daehyun sighed contentedly as he felt the golden sand beneath his feet. Yongguk stood by his side while looking at the horizon. The Sun wasn’t up in the sky anymore.

“Hyung, why did you bring me here?” daehyun suddenly asked, he took a glance at the older.

It took a while for yongguk to realize what the younger was asking. “I just feel like I need to spend more time with you,” he replied.

“why beach? We can do that at home too, you know,” said daehyun. He bent down to sit on his slippers so the sand wouldn’t stain his pants.

“I promised to myself to take you here someday. And today’s the day.”

And again, the silence took over their conversation.

Yongguk didn’t know what he was feeling that time. He just felt that something in their relationship was missing, and he was sure it was his fault. He didn’t know what to do, yet. But deep inside, he actually knows. He knew what to do. He almost figured out what was missing, but it seemed too far away yet so close. It was something like you’re about  to touch and grab the ball but it slipped off your hands. He didn’t know anymore. Too much things going through his mind. He sighed hard and sat down beside daehyun.

“what’s the matter, yongguk-hyung?” daehyun being concerned, as always.

“nothing.” He couldn’t look daehyun in the eyes anymore. There was a short silence before daeyun asked again.

“don’t you think there is something wrong with our relationship?”

Sure he loves yongguk. He loves yongguk very much. He knows yongguk loves him as much as he do, he believed so. He’s contented with whatever yongguk provided him. He’s grateful. But their relationship is weird. Lacking of affection, he thought.

So much emotion running through their souls. Daehyun never felt this hopeless and on the other side, yongguk never felt this emotional.

Yongguk, you’re a coward.

He is a coward. He doesn’t know why but he’s afraid to approach the latter. Daehyun is just right there in front of him literally but he still is afraid to grab him.

Yongguk, just do it already.

“why do you keep quiet? Do you really love me, hyung?” daehyun was pissed with yongguk’s behavior. He didn’t know. There is a glint of annoyance in his eyes.

Yongguk, do something.

“Hyung, I don’t get it. do I really mean so much to you? Or are you just playing with my feelings?” daehyun didn’t know anymore. There’s something that ignited his anger.

Yongguk, don’t be such a . And right after that voice in his head, he decided that this is the right time to fix everything.

He grabbed the younger’s waist and pull him onto his lap. The younger held onto yongguk’s shoulder with a reflect to balance himself, his eyes widened. He hugged daehyun’s waist tightly and buried his face in the crook of the younger’s neck. He hugged him like there’s no tomorrow.

Daehyun was startled and confused. Honestly, he had never been this close to his boyfriend, yongguk. This was what he wanted. He wanted to feel yongguk on his skin. He then slowly wrapped his arms around the older. They stayed like that for several minutes.

Finally yongguk pulled away and looked at daehyun into his eyes. One hand moved away from daehyun’s waist to the cheek to caress it. they both smiled to each other and brought their faces closer. Yongguk leaned in to press his lips on daehyun’s.

The Sun was setting really slow, as if it still wants to witness them sharing a chaste yet passionate kiss. Their lips fitted perfectly. Both didn’t want it to be over. The missing part was restored. Yongguk figured it out. When you grabbed something meaningful don’t ever let it slip off your hands.

It’s all fixed.

soon after it, the Sun was almost gone, drowned by the sea. Daehyun broke the kiss and rested his forehead on the older’s.

“I’m sorry,” yongguk said softly.

“what for?” daehyun raised a brow.

“for being a coward.” Daehyun smiled hearing his answer. Stupid yongguk.

“Pabo. Why are you afraid of showing your affections to me? I’m all yours. I won’t run away, I don’t even think I can live without you. I love you, yongguk.”

It was the first time in ages yongguk smiled again, sincerely this time. And daehyun was happy that he was the reason.

“I love you more,” he grinned.

“I love you most.”

“I love you more than most.”

“ah whatever.”

**

Yongguk arms around daehyun’s body and his chin rested the shoulder. Daehyun’s back leaned on the older’s chest. Yongguk’s legs on daehyun’s both sides. Smiles decorated their faces. The sky was getting darker. The Sun was gone, replaced by the moon. Stars slowly appeared, twinkling like they should be.

“I think we can stay a bit longer,” yongguk suggested.

“why not?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

So...here it is. my crazy weird fluffy idea lolol. i can't sleep so i decided to update. hope you like it. :)

i would love to hear your comments<3