Addiction

Hot and Cold

Hongki has been hot and cold these past few weeks. I can't stand it. One second he's whispering dirty little nothings into my ear, and the next he's screeching at me and attempting to put as much space between us as possible. I don't know how it happened. Well, that's not true. It all started when he began going out at night with a couple of his 'buddies', and not returning until the early hours of the morning. I could always smell it on him when he crawled into bed with me. The drugs, the alcohol. He'd always my ear and trail down to my neck, trying to get a response out of me. But I was better than that. To take advantage of someone in their most vulnerable state, is wrong. I wished it would all just stop. But it just got worse. With each passing day, his temper grew larger. The constant nagging turned into full-blown yelling and swearing. I only want to get him to stop. But he won't listen. His contemptuous behavior only grows worse. He brought someone home last night. I heard them ing on the couch. I wanted to go out there and stop them, to try and talk to whatever concious mind he has left. But I just couldn't do it. Instead, I curled up on our bed and cried long and hard, for the first time in a long time. That morning, I felt a lot better. I've decided that today is the day I will confront him about it one last time. As much as I love him, it's hurting me to see him hurting himself so much, not to mention hurting me too. After cooking myself breakfast, I sat down to watch tv. Flipping to the news channel, I saw that it was going to rain today. I frowned, the rain makes me sad. It reminds me of the older times. Finishing my omlette, I wash the dishes in the sink. I start humming the tune to some song I heard on the radio. In the midst of my humming, I hear a strange noise and stop what I'm doing. Looking out the window, i sigh in relief. It was just the rain. After cleaning up, I walk back to the couch. The door bursts open, and I scream. Holding my chest, I take a better look, and recognize the soaked figure in the doorway. "Hongki!" I rush over to his side, "Are you alright?" He glances up at me, sighs, and grabs my hand, leading us to our room. He pushes me to sit down on our bed. Just as I was about to open my mouth, he looks me in the eyes and says, "We need to talk." Huh, beat me to it. "Alright, go ahead" Hongki sits next to me and grabs my hand, squeezing it tightly in his own. He stares down at our intertwined hands with a small smile. "Jonghun. I've made a mistake. A really big mistake." Raising my eyebrows, I nudge him to keep going. "I have an addiction of sorts. And I need your help. I can't do this without you." I lay down, and take him with me. He smiles and runs his hand down my face, pausing at my nose, then continuing to my lips. "I really love your nose, you know that?" I chuckle and pull him closer. He looks down again. "I've been treating you like for a while. I'm really sorry Jong. I'm also done with the drugs and alchohol." This surprised me, "Oh?" He nods and closes his eyes. "Heechul told me the drugs would make me feel better. Make me feel like a king." He then let out a shaky breath. "But Jonghun, with everything I took and did, none of it made me feel good as when I was with you. I ing love you, Jonghun." At this point, I was too shocked to say anything. "A-and I've come to realize that the biggest of all my addictions... Is you." I could tell he was trying not to cry, but the way he was biting his lip was so cute. "Hongki. I forgive you." I put a hand on either side of his face, and dragged him into a kiss. I could feel the smile on his lips. "And Hongki?" I whispered against his lips, "I ing love you too."