A New Beginning

Jigsawed Reveries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“She’s beautiful,” Seunghyun sighs, his hands wrapping around the sleeping, vased-shaped body of their newborn.

“She is.” Jiyong whispers, connecting his fingers gently with her cheeks. He brushes it lightly, with eyes that shone as if to say she’s the best thing that’s ever happened to them.

“And she’ll grow up to be even more so, hopefully like her father.”

Seunghyun lets out a light chuckle, and it’s like the gentle rustle of the leaves in the wind. Jiyong feels his fingers twitch - like how it usually does whenever he’s restraining himself from buying another packet of cigarettes from the glass casing at the upper shelf of the supermarket – but only this time, he’s trying to capture the moment, something that’s only figuratively possible to achieve, he thinks.

“You’re quite the egoistic bastar—“ Seunghyun doesn’t get the chance to finish his sentence, because he feels the sting of Jiyong’s ostensibly harmless slap on his forearm and almost loses his footing.

“Owww, what was that for?!” Seunghyun retorts perplexingly.

“Don’t cuss in front of our child! You’re a Dad now; at least you ought to behave like one!”  Jiyong chides half-mockingly.

“Okay, mother of our new born.” He counters , sending Jiyong his usual quirky wink.

“Hey—who say’s I’m mom… ?!” Jiyong scoffs, on his inner bottom lip.

 “If it’s anything im the way more responsible and laconic one here!”

Seungh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter