Pretty Faces Damaged

Pretty Faces Damaged And Destroyed

Note: This is the sequel of Pretty Faces To Be Destroyed. The setting starts off with the past...then present…then past...and you get the rest~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a rainy Saturday afternoon. 

A teenager named Kim Youngwoon was sitting in the car and looking at the sight outside the window. He noticed a familiar teenager standing beside a lamp post and drenched in the rain.

“Dad, stop the car.” Youngwoon took an umbrella and approached the teenager. “Is that you, Ryeowook?”

The other teenager had a blank look on his face. Then his eyes slowly moved to look at Youngwoon. He didn’t reply. He simply stared.

“Well, you’re going to get sick if you keep on standing under the rain. Let’s get in the car.” Youngwoon took a hold on Ryeowook’s hand.

Ryeowook instantly snatched his hand back and held it close to his hand. Fear was starting to show on his facial expression.

“Ryeowook, what’s wrong? I’m not going to hurt you. Don’t you recognize me? I’m your classmate, Youngwoon.” He explained in a slow manner.

“Youngwoon…” Ryeowook voiced out. It took some time for him to recognize his classmate. Gone was the blank stare. He looked relieved and hugged Youngwoon. “Please take me away from here. Somewhere far...help me escape...“ He whispered against Youngwoon’s ear before passing out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kim Ryeowook’s father was the last victim. He didn’t fit into the description of beautiful people. The police wondered about the reason why Kim Youngwoon had to kill his last victim and give himself up afterwards. Also, why Youngwoon spoke out Ryeowook’s name after being mute since his capture? They decided to do some interview with the famous plastic surgeon.

The police and Ryeowook’s conversation:
P: How are you related to Kim Youngwoon?

R: Kim Youngwoon? The most wanted criminal that’s been recently captured? What makes you think that I have any relation with him?

P: Ever since we captured him, he refused to talk. Then suddenly, he said your name. That was the only thing he said and he refused to talk again.

R: I see. *takes a sip from his tea* There might be some other Kim Ryeowook out there. What makes you think it’s me that Kim Youngwoon was calling out?

P: We did a little investigation prior to visiting you. We found out that both of you went to the same high school so I want to know what’s your relationship with him back then and if you have any relationship with him right now?

R: We don’t have any current relationship. I don’t remember much about the past either. We were just classmates.

P: We would really appreciate it if you could offer information.

R: I’m sorry but there’s really nothing else.

P: Okay, we’ll take your word. There’s also one more thing we would like you to do.

R: What is it?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Youngwoon and Ryeowook weren’t close friends. They were simply classmates who barely talk to each other. They have their own friends to hang out with. They have no similar interest that would keep them connected.

Ryeowook had always been beautiful and he hangs out with the rest of the beautiful and popular people of the school. Younwoon hated Ryeowook’s friends but not Ryeowook. Ryeowook was different because he’s gentle and kind. He works hard and studies. He’s not ty, alcoholic or into night life parties or clubs like most of his friends. Youngwoon knew Ryeowook was different and hoped he won’t get influenced by his friends.

Youngwoon wasn’t handsome back then as he is now. He always had unruly hair, crumpled clothes and a thick framed glasses that doesn’t even have any grade. His grades are only average but he’s been good with sports. He refuse to join clubs no matter how much teachers begged him because those handsome jocks, who are also Ryeowook’s friends, would only throws insults and make life a living hell for him.

Their worlds have completely been different from each other until that one rainy afternoon. Since then, Ryeowook would visit Youngwoon’s house every time he had those weird moments. He will arrive at the house with a blank expression then his emotions will come back once his sees Youngwoon. He would hug Youngwoon and whisper words of fear and of wanting to escape.

Youngwoon started investigating. He visited Ryeowook’s home knowing that Ryeowook wouldn’t be home at that time. He found out that Ryeowook’s parents were also beautiful people. They were kind and accommodating. Then he observed Ryeowook’s friends. There seem to be nothing wrong with Ryeowook’s parents or friends. So why is Ryeowook acting like that?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Did you come here to visit me willingly or did the police ask for your help in questioning me?” Kangin asked as he saw Ryeowook enter in the room, where he always had his interview. He had his hands tied at his back and his body tied to the chair.

“Both.” Ryeowook took a seat across Kangin. “Start off with your first victim’s story.”

The first victim was Yoona.

The murderer was there in the bar with his friends; Eunhyuk and Shindong. Eunhyuk was drinking himself into misery. He is hard working and it took him years to get into the position he had in the company. Then some girl named Yoona came and within just a few months got a position higher than him. “She’s a . She used her body to sleep with the boss and get into the position she has now!!!”

Then a few days later, her face was damaged. She stopped going to work because of that. She wanted to have a plastic surgery but she couldn’t afford. She always depended on rich guys for money but none of those rich guys he knows are willing to help her now that’s she’s ugly. She didn’t know how else to solve her problem and committed suicide after living a couple of days with a damaged face. Eunhyuk was promoted and got her rank.

The second and third victims were Jessica and Siwon. Their faces were damaged for the same reason. They use their beauty to lead other people and crush their hearts in the end. Jessica immediately had her plastic surgery because she came from a rich family. Siwon dealt with being ugly but lucky for him, he was able to find true love.

The rest of the victims more or less had the same story with different settings. Most of the victims who are alive changed their ways and attitude. However, there are just some few victims who just couldn’t learn their lesson. But the last victim had been different from the others.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Youngwoon found out that Ryeowook got involved in the underworld community where criminals and illegal businesses are active. Ryeowook was a human slave in the underworld. Drugs, , torture and anything else that a slave should experience was experienced by Ryeowook.

Youngwoon wanted to save Ryeowook, to get him out of the underworld but it’s not easy once you get involved in that world. Before Youngwoon realized, he got too deeply involved. He experienced what Ryeowook experienced. Ryeowook still goes to him for comfort but unlike Ryeowook, he has no one else to turn to for comfort.

That’s how Kangin, a new personality appeared. Whenever the abuse starts, Youngwoon would switch into Kangin. Whenever the torture ends, Kangin would switch back to Youngwoon. He gained a multiple personality disorder.

Ryeowook knows about this but can‘t remember. He has always been a witness as to when Kangin appears or disappears. However, he forgets about everything that happened during the traumatic or hateful event. He gained a dissociative amnesia.

The new personality named Kangin hated two kinds of people: the beautiful and the rich. But he hated beautiful people more because most of the people who got to torture and abuse him looked beautiful. Most of them had plastic surgery or make-up to make them look beautiful. He hated their faces and hated how they seem to look happy whenever Kangin cries out in pain and agony. In anger, he vowed to ruin beautiful faces.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Why my father? He doesn’t belong to the group of beautiful people.” Ryeowook asked but he can’t really say that he mourned for his father’s death. His father was a nice man and all but quite negligent to Ryeowook.

“Your father was a nice man and all so I guess you never suspected him but I knew the truth. Every time you and I are tortured, used and abused or when every time someone buys us to spend some time with…don’t you ever wonder where the money goes?” Kangin had a slight smirk on his face.

“I see…so he planned everything all along…I guess that would be all for now. I’ll visit you again some other time.” Ryeowook stood up and left. He always felt sad that his father never bother to give him attention but now, he feel his blood boiling. True that he couldn’t remember the exact details of traumatic events but he could still feel the physically hurt of his body after those events.

Although the police learned about each of the victim’s story, they still have no idea what to make of Ryeowook and Youngwoon and their past together.

“What did Youngwoon mean about the torture and abuse you have together?” The police interrogated.

For a while Ryeowook had a blank stare, then a strange smile appeared on his face. “I’ll tell you some other time.” He looked at the one-sided mirror that revealed Kangin in the other room. “I’ll probably be in that very same room soon.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kim Ryeowook suddenly disappeared after his father’s death, which Kangin had nothing to do at all since he’s in jail. The police suspected Kim Ryeowook, who is no where to be found. Then a few days after his father’s death, pretty faces were damaged again. One day, Kim Ryeowook suddenly showed up in the police station and got himself arrested.

“Ryeowook, you’re in jail too? Geez, I wonder how innocent people like us ended up in jail.” Kim Youngwoon really doesn’t have any idea what his other personality did for him to be a deserving criminal.

“Ryeowook is currently sleeping. I’m Wookie.”

Kim Youngwoon looked at Ryeowook in disbelief. Then suddenly, his head hurts painfully and everything turned black. “Ah Wookie, nice to see you again. I’m so glad that you ended up in the same cell as mine. It was getting pretty lonely and boring here, ya know.” He winked suggestively.

“I wouldn’t be here if you included destroying the faces of those who tortured us. You only destroyed the faces of those who’ve been cruel to your friends. What your victims did was not even half as bad as my victims.” Wookie says.

“Because I met Ryeowook, he’s just so kind that it influenced me to stop destroying faces…almost.” Kangin replied. “But now that we’re together, wanna plan our escape?”

“Maybe later.” Wookie s his arms around Kangin’s waist. “We haven’t seen each other in a long time and I did miss you. I‘m also a bit angry that you kissed Ryeowook.”

“Sorry, I thought it was you.”

“Liar.”

“I’m making up to you right now, aren’t I?” Kangin trailed kisses along Wookie’s neck.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The reason why Ryeowook can keep on smiling on his teenage days was because of Wookie. It was Wookie who took up most of his teenage years to be able to forget the real Ryeowook who was always worrying and frightened because he couldn’t remember why his body hurts or how he gained scars and bruises. The abuse and torture stopped after graduating high school because Ryeowook moved to another country, to a better school and became a successful surgeon. Because live has been peaceful, Wookie stopped appearing.

That was until Kangin showed up again in Ryeowook’s life. The kiss Kangin gave to Ryeowook woken up Wookie from his deep slumber. It turns out Ryeowook also has a multiple personality disorder in the form of Wookie.

The END

A/N: This is my attempt of making a psychological fic~ XD;; Or maybe this is simply a result from my duty in the psych ward…hehehe…Confusing? Just ask questions, I’ll be willing to answer ^_^  Please do comment!!!