Pretty Faces To Be Destroyed

Pretty Faces Damaged And Destroyed

There has been a new criminal, who has been doing some new crime. This criminal does something to the victim’s face. Whether the victim lives or dies after meeting the criminal, one thing is for sure…his or her face is never the same again.

Sometimes the victim’s face is splashed with acid or chemicals that destroys the face. Sometimes burned from the flames. Sometimes slashed with knife or any other sharp objects. Sometimes the whole skin of the face is being sliced off. Sometimes the victim dies or goes crazy because of the pain. Sometimes the victim is put to sleep with anesthesia or something and wakes up to find an awful face when looking at the mirror. But before the crime happens, the criminal says one thing. “I like you face.”

The police are having a hard time dealing with this new criminal. There are no clues or anything else left behind. The face that the victims described of how the criminal looked like different from each other. The only thing that’s sure is that all of the victims used to have a pretty face, which means the criminal is only going after beautiful people.

Dr. Kim Ryeowook is the plastic surgeon who all of the victims turned to for help. He is able to fix their faces right back as if the crime never happened. Because of this, he became popular as a plastic surgeon that even famous artists would go for him to make their nose a bit higher or have some double eyelids or whatever little flaws they think they have on their face.

“I have a request to make, Dr. Kim Ryeowook.”

The doctor was in the parking lot. He already had the door of his car opened when he heard the voice. He turned and found a stranger standing just a few steps away from him. He could only describe the stranger in two words. Handsome and dangerous. “What is it?”

The stranger walked closer to the doctor until their bodies almost touched. “I want you to stop fixing my victim’s faces.”

“And if I don’t?”

“Do you really want to know what might happen if you don’t?”

“Maybe if you’re stop damaging their faces, then I’ll stop fixing faces.” Ryeowook can’t believe he’s actually talking like this towards the criminal. He didn’t have any doubts about the stranger being the criminal because just one look at the stranger’s eyes already confirmed everything.

“You’ve got spunk, doc.” The criminal raised his hand to caress the Ryeowook’s face. “And a beautiful face too.”

Ryeowook’s heart started to beat wildly from nervousness and fear. “Thanks. You’re handsome yourself.” He replied and tried to step away from the criminal but his back only hit the car’s door.

The criminal chuckled. “Thank you. You’re the only person who told me that. But then again, you’re the only person I’ve shown my real face to.” He held Ryeowook’s hand and placed it on his cheek. “Feel my face. As a plastic surgeon, I’m sure you can tell if it’s fake or not.”

Ryeowook’s cold hand started to move and touched the different parts of the criminal’s face as soon as they criminal closed his eyes. “It’s real.” The doctor said when he finished feeling the face. “…and so handsome...” Ryeowook moved his hand away and the criminal opened his eyes again. “Why are you allowing your true face to show to me? I could report to the police.”

“I know you won’t. I trust you, Wookie.” The criminal leaned in and kissed the doctor’s lips.

Ryeowook’s eyes widened. He didn’t know what surprised him more. The way the criminal kissed him gently or how the criminal called him Wookie, which only a few close friends were allowed to call him with that nickname. Just who exactly is this criminal?

“I destroyed their faces because they don’t deserve to be beautiful.” The criminal said as soon as they broke their kiss. “My victims don’t deserve to be beautiful. Each one of them are evil. They use their beauty to manipulate people. They bully the ugly. They think they can date two or more people at the same time just because they’re beautiful. They were able to get a higher rank with their job because they were able to seduce the boss. There are more reasons for them to be ugly.”

“But what about those who died?”

“I did not kill them. They either died because of an accident or suicide. All I do is destroy faces. The police are putting the blame of their deaths on me. Wookie, please believe me.”

A sense of familiarity came to Ryeowook but he still can’t point out. His fear already disappeared the moment the criminal called him by his nickname. He also believes that someone who could give him such a gentle and loving kiss wouldn’t be able to kill him right then and there. “I know deep down inside that we’ve met before but I really couldn’t tell who you are. I still don’t agree with the way you deal with those beautiful people with bad attitude. I also have no plans of stopping from fixing your victims’ faces. It’s not about them being deserving to be beautiful. It’s just my job as a doctor to help them.”

“You haven’t changed. You’re still as kind as before…still beautiful inside and out. For you, I’ll stop this weird hobby of mine but there’s still one more face that I want to destroy. After that, I’ll turn myself to the police. Will you visit me in jail?” There was a bitter smile on the criminal’s face. He did not wait for the doctor’s reply as he punched the doctor by the stomach. He knew he used enough force for the doctor to become unconscious.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*

The criminal who the police have been looking for has been finally captured. The criminal’s real identity is finally known as Kim Youngwoon. The police found him with his last victim. For some reason, he did not bother to escape from the crime and also did not bother to fight the police. He completely surrendered. The police thought he was mute because he never said a single word. The doctor, who checked him up, said that there’s no damage to the criminal’s voice box and concluded that the criminal probably couldn’t speak because of trauma or any other psychological factors. Just when the police were giving up on trying to let the criminal speak, the criminal voiced out a name. Dr. Kim Ryeowook. How does the criminal and the famous plastic surgeon are connect to each other?

Ryeowook placed down the newspaper on the table after reading and took a sip of his coffee. He decided not to go to work today. The reporters outside his house were blocking the way and were being too bothersome. He looked at the handsome criminal’s picture on the newspaper again. “I finally remember who you are, Kangin.”

THE END

A/N: I was planning to do a morbid fic but it didn’t exactly turn as morbid as I wanted to XD.  I also made a sequel for this so in a way, you can say this is a two-shot fic.  Please comment~!!!!