I Fixed Hyung Up, What's My Prize?

Broken Hyung

Sunggyu's eyes weren't the same anymore. They just didn't seem to have the special gleam in them whenever he'd laugh or smile. Nowadays, Sunggyu barely laughs or smiles. The other members of Infinite have also started to notice the change in their leader. When asked what's wrong, Sunggyu just gives a light smile and tells them that nothing's wrong. Sungjong may not look like it, but he's a keen observer. He notices the gleam not shining in hyung's eyes and anybody with brains could tell something was wrong.

On variety shows, Sunggyu was really good at faking his laughs and smiles, and people believed that Sunggyu was generally happy. Infinite knew better, that their leader was just faking it all. Infinite tried everything they could to make Sunggyu feel happier.

Dongwoo had dressed up as a girl to try make him laugh, but it failed. Although, it made the other members fail. Woohyun had tried singing a ballad, but that just seemed to bring the mood down even more. Hoya had tried to get Sunggyu to check out a few idol girls, but he wasn't in the mood. Sungyeol had tried his choding antics, but it didn't work. Myungsoo couldn't think of anything and just shrugged. Sungjong had tried his girl dances and actually thought it would work, but Sunggyu just heaved a heavy sigh.

Everyday, a member would take his turn at trying to make Sunggyu smile. Their numerous attempts failed everytime, until each member just gave up on trying. Except one certain maknae. Sungjong was determined to fix his hyung.

He would cling closely to his hyung, all the time. Some MC's once joked that Sungjong seemed to cling to Sunggyu so much, it's as if their dating.

Sunggyu found Sungjong irritatingly annoying for wanting to help him. He was perfectly fine.... somewhat.... Okay, he was sad and unhappy, but he didn't want any help.

"Sungjong... why are you trying to help me?" Sunggyu finally asked, while Sungjong was laying down on the bed flipping through a magazine. Sungjong closed the magazine and gave a smile.

"Hyung was always there for me when I felt lonely. I want to help hyung." Sungjong gave a small smile and laced his fingers through Sunggyu's.

"I don't need any help." Sunggyu replied.

"Maybe so. But I want to help. You're hurting, hyung. I can tell, the other members can tell, heck even other idols from different agencies can tell." Sungjong said, his voice getting harsher.

"Sorry.... I didn't mean to go off on you like that, hyung. I just care about you is all." Sungjong sighed and got up to hug his hyung.

Sunggyu pushed Sungjong away.

"I don't need you or anybody else...." Sunggyu gave the maknae one last look before leaving the room.

"I hope I can help, Sunggyu hyung..... I'm almost losing hope." Sungjong let tears escape his eyes.

Sunggyu and Sungjong seemed to have forgotten what happened back in the room and everything was the same again. At least, the same with Sunggyu being a depressed and sad leader.

Sungjong had brought Sunggyu to the park, which had a beautiful pond situated in the middle of it. Leaning against a tree, Sungjong was reading a book, while Sunggyu laid his head on Sungjong's lap.

"....Sungjong?" Sungjong would have totally been engrossed in his book, if it were not for Sunggyu's voice.

"Ah, yes, hyung?" Sungjong put down his book and looked at his hyung.

"What if I'm destined to become like a wave in the ocean? What if I'm just destined to disappear. People don't need me." Sunggyu sighed, closing his eyes, and opening them again to look at Sungjong.

"Do you.... need me?" Sungjong tilted his head in confusion, why was Sunggyu asking him a question like this.

"Hyung, no matter how many times you ask me this question. My answer will stay the same. Yes, I need you, Kim Sunggyu. I need you. Infinite needs you. Lots of people need you." Sungjong stated confidently.

"Don't be stupid. Nobody wants me, needs me, I'm nothing." Sunggyu smiled sadly. It soon turned into a frown and shock when he felt tears on the face. Well, for sure, he knew he wasn't the one crying. He sat up and looked at Sungjong, but he was just covering his face.

"Sungjong. Look at me." Sunggyu asked politely, but Sungjong just shook his head.

"Why are you crying...?" It was Sunggyu's turn to have a look of confusion.

"You, hyung! You're the reason I'm crying! Can't you see that you're just hurting yourself and others when you talk like that! You're important, Kim Sunggyu! Important to a bunch of people! Important to Infinite! You're their leader! And.... most of all, you're.... important to me." Sungjong finally snapped, his feelings finally coming out.

Sungjong quickly got up and began to run away. However, Sunggyu was quicker, as he caught Sungjong in a backhug.

"Please... don't go. I want you to need me. I need you to need me. Please.... stay..." Sungjong could hear the vunerableness in Sunggyu's voice. Turning around, Sungjong wrapped his arms around Sunggyu's waist.

"Hyung.... can you try to be happier for me, then....?" Sungjong knew he was asking for more, but he had to try.

"Anything for you, Sungjong. As long as you make me feel needed." Sunggyu smiled, and it actually seemed to be more genuine, his eyes also gleaming.

-

The other members couldn't believe their eyes. Their Gyuleader was back. They had no idea what Sungjong did, but they were thankful.

Sunggyu had stopped being depressing and eventually, more people seemed to take notice of his genuine smiles.

Sunggyu laid his head down on Sungjong's lap.

"Thank you, Sungjongie...." Smiling, he shifted his body to get more comfortable.

"You're welcome, hyung....." Sungjong didn't really understand how he helped. His hyung was the one that helped himself, but he could live with being thanked.


Is mayonnaise an instrument? :3 Lalala. INFINITE.

OMG. GUYS. SUPER JUNIOR'S TEASER. AHHHHH! :D