The Scent of Luhan

The Twelve Short Stories of Exomas
Summer, winter, spring, fall.
 
You always told me that you loved the seasons. Each one with its own beautiful scent. Out of all the seasons, you said winter was the most beautiful one. At first, I wondered why. It was too cold to smell anything and too chilly to even try.
Now that there's hardly a trace of you left, I understand what you meant.
 
The smell of the pine trees. The baked goods. The warm fire. And you...
 
In this home of mine, it's silent. Not a single word slipping from my mouth. Not a single sound being made. Even the chimes outside can't be heard.
My hands, gently wrapped around my knees as I sit on this couch, exhausted from a day of finding the perfect present for you.
 
This whole afternoon, I ran around various shops -- trying to find the perfect scents. It was a long search, but I finally found it. Or at least I hoped I did.
Remember when you told me that your most favorite smell was mint?
Just at the right time, I picked the last container of lotion for the chocolate mint mocha -- and I assure you that you will love it.
 
I just wish it was perfect like you.
 
In the box, there are four others.
Summer peach.
Winter pine.
Spring water.
Fall pumpkin.
 
All four seasons, and your favorite scent, all in one box. Together. Like how we used to be. Why am I crying? It won't get me anywhere...
 
I wipe the tears away and cover the box. It's time to hand this over to you...